Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.5

This has been one of my hg lipsticks for a few years now. Ive already repurchased it 3 times. It's the perfect pink/brown toned nude that adds a nice color. Applies smooth like butter and lasts a decently long amount of time. If you can get this on sale definitely pick up a few because they're totally worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Warm me up is the same exact color as my lips, I already finished two tubes of this. I love the color and how opaque it is, however, the staying power isn't as great as I'd like it to be and the smell is cheap. I really wish Revlon still had an identical shade. As long as this is the only affordable mlbb shade for me I'll be repurchasing.

on 1/18/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I usually have a lot of trouble finding a pink that works for my skin tone (NC35), but this lipstick is perfect. It is a neutral, yellow-based pink that is perfect for everyday wear. There is a slight sheen to the lipstick, but it isn't too shimmery. These lipsticks have a faint Play-Doh smell, which most people find off-putting, but I like. It isn't as moisturizing as I'd like, but if I apply lip balm before hand, I have no problems.

on 3/28/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I love this lipstick! It's the perfect color for springtime. It's a yellow-based light mauve color. It's like a better version of my natural lip color. It's great paired with a smokey eye, or just if you're going for a natural look. It's perfect for everyday wear at school for me, and it lasts a long time.

on 12/14/2010 9:07:00 PM

This lipstick is amazing - I was skeptical about getting a Maybelline lipstick because I'm not a big fan of their watershine line or something. I'm not a big fan of glossy lips to be honest. I cracked when I saw how lovely this lipstick looked. The ratings on MUA was off the roof too so I might as well give it a go.

Packaging: I love the packaging! I cannot tell you how shocked I was when I received this in my mailbox (ordered it online). I am not a fan of maybelline's packaging because a lot of their lipsticks have cheap packaging. However, this one is the exception to their long history of bad packaging. It looks luxurious and sleek with that red cover. It looks so much more expensive. It actually reminds me of Dior Lipsticks!

Color: Omg, amazing. It looks so true to the sticker provided at the bottom of the lipstick! I love it! It looks very similar to my lip color but a little warmer and it looks so good on. It's my everyday lip color! It's pigmented and I would say pretty long lasting. They do kind of adhere to the lips rather than just being on the surface of it, if you know what I mean lol. Love the color, nothing bad I can say about it:) Just for reference, I'm about NC25-NC30. It also doesn't dry out my lips!

Over all, I would say this has reached HG status. I truly love this lipstick for it's color, for it's value and for it's lasting power. I would definitely repurchase this when I run out of it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

MLBB. I use this when I just want to look natural. XD Smooth, creamy, pigmented, smells like cake...love it!

on 9/11/2010 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really pretty, neutral color! It is a pinkish brown shade that is not very sparkly and very creamy. This would be a good color for work, or for a more natural look. I like the color on me, but it might be slightly too brown for me. This color, I think would look good on most people, and I would recommend!

on 7/28/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lipstick. I've been wanting to try some from color sensational line, so this is the first one I tried. I really like the color, it is one of those "my lips but better' colors. I like the texture of this lipstick also. I'm not crazy about the packing, but its alright, I plan on trying more lipsticks from this line.
* Update- I've decided that this color does not look good on me. But I still think the quality is good, so I will try more of them later. I will not re buy this color though.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm not sure if I got a different lipstick than everyone else, but this isn't exactly a MLBB shade for me. *scratches head* I have NC30-35 asian skin with slight olive undertones and medium pigmented lips, and this lipstick isn't that flattering on me. It's a dark brownish mauve color that doesn't look that great. It has a little bit of pink, but it doesn't match the shade on Temptalia, or the picture in this review. I'm a little bit confused, but I gave it 3 stars since I love how pigmented and creamy these lipsticks are. If I apply this lightly, I can also make this work, but not if I apply it heavily. I'll try to find another one and update this review!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really am in love with this lipstick - and I'm not a lipstick person. I saw a review for it on a favorite blog of mine and the photos made this l/s look stunning! It was a creamy nude pink in the photos, no shimmery, no glitter, just cream! And that's what I was expecting - and that's what I got.

It applies beautifully, softly, with a slight soft vanilla scent that goes away quickly, so it's unoffensive, completely. It glides on like a dream. It's very moisturizing and it won't draw attention to any sort of dryness. The packaging is nice, too, haven't had any troubles with it at all.

And the color is fabulous - it matches my natural lip-shade nicely, just intensifies it. It comes off as a pretty neutral pink with a beige undertone. IMO, it would go great w/ most any skin tone. It is warm, as the name suggests, and would easily transition you from winter to spring.

I think I paid just under $8 for this at Rite Aid - a lot, IMO, since I don't do or spend much when it comes to my lipsticks, but I think it was worth it. I can see this working with any eye look, any outfit, or any occasion. (This would be even sweeter if you could snag it on sale or BOGO1/2 to try different colors.)