Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening

Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening
Complexion Primer Potion-BrighteningComplexion Primer Potion-Brightening

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, Algae Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Pullulan, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Laureth-7, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 2/12/2017 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the first non-silicone based primer I've used that didn't feel completely pointless.
I tend to always gravitate toward the silicone based primers as they seem to provide the best 'slip' and smooth, even canvas for flawless foundation application and pore minimisation.
First, a bit about my skin- quite sensitive and dry due to post accutane treatment and current accutane bi-weekly doses to keep the oiliness at bay. So, thankfully no more breakouts! But yeah, dry skin- so I need a primer that keeps me hydrated.
My hourglass no. 28 primer is almost gone, so I got a sample of this at Mecca Cosmetica (basically Aussie Sephora).
The texture is a smooth, silky gel-cream. Unfortunately, I found that I needed quite a bit of product to adequately cover my face. Absorbed very quickly into my face.
The real magic with stuff seems to happen when I go to blend my foundation over the top. This stuff seems to make my foundation dry very quickly and set it in place- like it grabs the foundation and anchors it in place. Kinda reminded me of how the CND Stickey nail polish base coat works. I've never encountered anything like it.
This primer seems to prolong the wear of my makeup, to the extent that my foundation looks great when it's time to take it off at night.
I was really not expecting to like this- so far, the reviews for this are pretty low. And, as a non-silicone base, I was expecting it to be, basically, another layer of (expensive) moisturizer. I shouldn't have been so suprised- after all, I love their eye-shadow primer.
Well worth trying a sample of this one! I'm almost certain I'll get the FS when my other primer runs out.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Needed a new primer so of course I made my way to Sephora and was recommended this primer because I let the artist know I like primers that didn't have that silicone like feel. When first applied goes on smooth, but I felt like I had to keep applying more onto my skin being that it would make my skin feel dryer. I have combo skin so I thought it could've just been my skin that needed extra hydration, but throughout the day this primer made my makeup look horrible. I was an absolute grease ball by the end of a full day and my makeup around my lip completely vanished. I returned it right away, the only thing I enjoyed about this product was how cute the packaging was besides that I did not enjoy this at all.

I'm a bit disappointed with this after reading the reviews, as my make up still settles into lines after using it and while it does give a glowy, luminous effect, my face shines like the moon after a couple of hours. That said, it does give a lovely glow and keeps foundation in place FORVER! I'm torn! It's quite good, but maybe just not for my skin.

on 1/18/2016 11:50:00 PM

I Love this stuff, my face feels so smooth and ready for the foundation, and its make my face look flawless and bright.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Bought this during an ulta flash sale for $15. Man I am so glad I didn't waste the full $30 on this. Didn't do anything to help prolong makeup or brighten my complexion. This is probably one of the thinnest consistency primmer I have ever tried. It actually made my skin oily and my make up sit on my face then slide off during the day. Not sure where they went wrong, their Primer Potion for eyes is ahmazing. It could just be my skin and an ingredient that doesn't agree with it but I do not like this primer. I did not have luck with their skindinavia line either so maybe it is just me. You do get a lot of product in the convenient squeeze tube and I love the packaging but that is as far as it goes for me. Ive use better primers and for cheaper. I recommend trying something else

This is life.
My makeup will last all day and it makes my skin feel like silk.
Enough said :)

on 4/24/2015 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got both of the UD face primers recently when they were on sale for half price at Ulta. My skin is combination oily and I've always done better with a silicone primer so I thought that I needed the pore perfecting one since it has the silicone and I have large pores and combo skin which gets shiny in tzone as the day progresses. I tried it first and wasn't that impressed- it didn't do much at all - it was as if I wasn't even using primer. Then I tried this one and I was surprised that it makes my pores look smaller than the other and my make up last longer than the other one so it is my new favorite and I'll be exchanging that pore one for another tube of this!

I LOVE THIS CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT AS A BARTENDER I NEVER HAVE TO DO TOUCH UPS EYE MAKEUP STAYS IN PLACE ALL DAY YET EASY to remove w Mac eye remover

on 12/26/2013 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Dang, this is good!! I got a sample from Sephora and then bought a full sized one from Ebay recently (paying less than retail, hello!), and now I can say that this is starting to become one of my favorite (maybe HG status?) primers. I have dry skin, and most primers sit on my face making the dryness become more apparent and uncomfortable. This is smoothing, hydrating, lightweight..it's better than my MAC Prep n Prime :/ Sorry MAC! Makes my makeup go on smoother and better, also longer lasting! Yay! Repurchase, yes! :)

I love that this primer is smooth but still without silicone. It's moisturizing too, but not so much that my makeup slips and slides. It extends wear by an hour or two on my combo skin.

My only complaint is that it's not exactly brightening or tightening -- not that I care really, but it is called Brightening and Tightening, so it should be so.

It doesn't fill pores quite as well as a silicone primer, but for me, it's a fair trade for the lighter texture. YRMV.