Victoria's Secret Pro Lasting FX Eyeshadow Primer

Victoria's Secret Pro Lasting FX Eyeshadow Primer

on 12/19/2012 11:42:00 PM

This is my first eyeshadow primer and it is just OK. my eyeshadow show more after useing this and will make my shadow creaseless for couple hours, and that's it. It goes to $12 which is way more expensive than what it really are since I can get the UDPP in set for $28 and some drugstore one just perform that same only cost 5-6

on 12/11/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

better invest in the UDPP, best ever, this one is sooo runny and liquidy. not long lasting, doesnt bind to the skin easily.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've tried a lot of different eyeshadow primers and I would say this is probably one of the worst ones. I was using this for a while after I ran out of Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I have dry eyelids and I normally do not have problems with eyeliners smearing and migrating but when I was using this, it was horrible. I have a feeling, this stuff just doesn't set well as it does have a wet type of consistency.

on 8/13/2012 9:42:00 PM

I bought this primer quite some time ago. I did not get into primers for some time and VS was my first eyeshadow primer. I have to say that it goes on really smooth and holds the eyeshadow very well! It was not that expensive at all. Sometimes you gotta dish a little more cash for a good product! In fact I used it this morning at 6 a.m and it's still working at 8:45 p.m! Lasts through my work days for sure. Keeps pigment in eyeshadow looking good.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a great primer!I Bought this primer yesterday and i tried it today for the first time.Its been all day and my eye-shadow is still looking good and it hasnt creased!I love this product and i will buy it again.Oh and its not expensive considering the price of other high-end products like MAC.

on 5/1/2012 10:15:00 PM

I am a bit of an eyeshadow junkie but I tend to be a budget runner as well, so I really strayed away from Urban Decay Primer Potion (and well, it felt too thick on my eyelids, and even naked, my eyelids tend to feel heavy as is). So I went ahead and tried out VS PRO's eyeshadow primer and loved that felt far lighter than UDPP and didn't compromise the intensity of my eyeshadows from day to night. If any fading occurred, it usually had to do with the eyeshadow itself (I use more drugstore shadows than prestige), not the primer. I never had creasing with this.

Although the formula for this primer is light on the eyes, it can feel a little oily and greasy so it's a hit-or-miss for those who don't have dry or normal skin. I myself have oily lids that just get oilier throughout the day, but just a dot of this primer on each lid somehow keeps that in check without weighing my eyes down.

Sometimes when I use this, the tube (I've only bought the tube packaging, not the new wand packaging) does dispense oil before the product, in which case I just keep dispensing until the product pushes out the excess oil. Albeit if there's no oil it does dry out the product faster, so I would squeeze with caution.

Also, compared to primers from UDPP and NYX HD Studio Photogenic Eyeshadow Primer (which comes closest in texture of all the primers I have tried so far), this one isn't entirely creamy in texture, in fact it's slightly grainy. I personally love the texture because it feels like an eyelid massage while spreading it.

I loved this enough that I bought three tubes of it back while it was still a squeeze tube formula. Since they revamped their packaging (and possibly their formula—haven't tried this one yet), the price of this primer has been going up in $2 increments. It used to be $8, then it was $10, and now it's $12. It's still relatively inexpensive, but I have since moved onto trying NYX's HD eyeshadow primer which has similar packaging and product consistency as VS PRO's, but for $5-$6 (I actually picked this up at ULTA for $3 during a BOGO sale).

on 4/19/2012 10:15:00 PM

I use this for my under eyes and it works so well in maintaining my concealer =)

This primer works reasonably well. It helps extend the life of my eyeshadows for a few hours and is reasonably priced, but if you want a good eye primer that will truly help your shadows last all day or all night, the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is definitely the way to go.

on 12/21/2011 4:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been using this primer for a while now. it was only 8 dollars but now they have a newer one in different packaging for 12 dollars which sucks. but the primer is really good. i used UDPP for a while and that was good to but this does the job for a little bit cheaper. i never get creasing or anything with this primer. my shawdows last all day and the product goes a long way and lasts a long time.

on 10/13/2011 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe how under-rated this product seems to be. This was my first primer ever and it changed my entire outlook on eye-makeup. My eye-shadow would always crease and disappear after a few hours until I finally decided very randomly to try this product out. It made a world of a difference for me!!

I also must add, that since buying this I have also tried the Urban Decay primer potion, which confirmed that the VS primer is not just your average product.

I love that this comes in a tube, because I feel that it's easy to get a small amount out and it isn't wasteful (as opposed to the original Urban Decay, lip gloss like tubes). A little goes a long way-I have been using this same tube for over a year and now it is finally coming close to being finished (I use it at least 5 times a week).

On the downside, the product can push out oil if you don't mix it up a little before opening it and it does dry transparent. I don't mind that it dries transparent at all, but I know that there are many people who prefer some color to their eye shadow primer.

All in all, I think this is a great product. If I choose to try out another primer, it will not be a high end one because this is a great deal. I would like to try some from elf, or Nyx to possibly find something even more affordable and practical, if possible.