Korres Lip Butter - Jasmine

Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Polyethylene, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Aroma, Tocopherol, Prunus Domestica Extract, Dicalcium Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax (Oryza Sativa Cera), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)

my HG for lip balm!!!!!!!!

This was very highly raved and popular way back, like 4 years ago. I found it everywhere popping up on tumblr and several other makeup sources. However i didn't jump onto the bandwagon straightaway and only purchased this about a year and a half later when i finally got the money (**i was still a student living on a budget back then**)

Pros:
+ this shade doesn't have a scent
+ it literally feels like, butter.
+ extremely moisturizing
+ very lightweight, it doesn't feel tacky or sticky on your lips at all
+ makes it look and feel like you're wearing nothing
+ lasts for a few good 3-4 hours (unless you eat and then you wipe off your lips then obviously it comes off)
+ a little goes a very long way
+ longevity wise, very long wearing, compared to the rest of the lip treatments i've tried

There are many shades for the lip butter but i preferred something something light. the other shades have some kind of colour and tint on them. This shade has an extremely very subtle like pale pink, so the colour only shows unless you have very very very pale lips. My lips have a natural pink colour, so this shade of the lip butter doesn't appear on my lips at all. Its just the way i wanted it, so i liked it.

Cons:
- the packaging? it comes in a jar, so i don't find it very sanitary. Of course if you are the only one using it, you probably wouldn't mind. But i wouldn't use it on clients if i'm a MUA, you just have to be extremely sanitary in handling them.
- possibly the price

It is probably one of the highest prices i have to pay for a lip treatment. But i have never regretted it once. In fact i already repurchased a second one because its that good!! I would repurchase it again and again and i hope they will never discontinue it. Honestly, i wouldn't mind paying for that price because a little goes a long way and you won't use it up that fast. I made the second purchase after about a year and a half. So its not that bad compared to the rest of the lip treatments i paid for (but didn't work as great as this)

I have also tried putting it on overnight like a lip mask. I put a layer of this before i sleep, and i wake up the next morning with my lips extremely soft and moisturizing, no joke. My lips were like soft as a baby's bum. I've never been this impressed.

During the day, i apply this lip balm while i prepare the rest of my makeup. After applying a matte or liquid lipstick, i do find that it doesn't dry out my lips as harsh as before compared to when i don't apply a lip balm beforehand. It is a matte lipstick formula, so you need to understand that when you wear it, at some point it will dry out your lips after a few hours. For this lip balm, the dryness will only start showing after possibly 5-6 hrs. So i liked the fact that it protected from drying out my lips for a longer period of time than before.

I do wish that this formula would come in a stick tube (like chapstick). I know Korres actually came out with that stick lip balm butter line, but i've heard that it wasn't as good as this. I don't know if that formula is different because i have never tried that series and i probably will not, because this line is 10x better.

Would 150% recommend those who are contemplating to purchase this. If you don't like colour, stick to this shade. You definitely won't be disappointed. Hope this helps!

OMG! I LOVE this stuff! I've been buying it for the past 4 years or so and I cannot be without it. It smells so good and the color is gorgeous! It almost melts onto your lips when applied and it's very moisturizer. I like that I can either apply this before lipstick or on it's own and be left with a nice light pink color to my lips. The price is about $12 which isn't bad at all because this stuff lasts me forever, a year or longer. The only thing I could change if I could is the packaging. It comes in a little pot and sometimes I don't use it because i don't feel like dipping my finger in it and finding something to wipe my finger on after. If it were in some sort of tube it would probably be a lot better. Though this is just a minor complaint and isn't anything that would make me stop buying. One day I may buy a retractable lip brush for it.

I got it as present, I wouldn't buy it myself, I think it's overpriced. But the product itself is very very good.

This lip gloss is really smooth and silky. I like the scent of it, which is not too overwhelming. This is really a colorless lip gloss that offers a sheen over other lip colors or by itself. The only reason that I would not repurchase this is that I do not like or recognize the ingredients on the ingredients list. I have provided them below.

Ingredients: Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Jasminum Grandiflorum (Jasmine) Flower Wax, Tocopherol, Flavor (Aroma), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake.

I bought this on Lollipop26's recommendation. I was hoping for a light, nude tinted lip balm, but this didn't do it for me at all. My lips are not very pigmented (they're naturally beigey grey) so this showed up as being almost an off-white color on my lips, so I cannot wear this on it's own out of the house (it looks like I wiped mayo on my lips).

It feels comfortable on the lips, it's not greasy or waxy. It has the most awesome caramel scent. However, this is not very moisturizing and is not an effective treatment for dry lips. I would not purchase this again.

love the package, smell and colour. However, it isn't moisturising enough just as many other lip balms, for me anyway. The best one i've used so far is the By terry one.

I always have it in my purse, as well as shade Plum. Smells great, moisturises my lips really well. Costs nothing in Greece.

Love this lip butter. Amazing formulation, moisturises my lips really well, smells lovely, and leaves a very subtle colour on my lips Not too expensive though.

Only complaint is the packaging - hate dipping my fingers into a pot! Nevertheless I have completely finished using this lip butter and have no regrets about purchasing it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love these Korres lip balms, particularly the one in Jasmine, and I frequently use it alone or under my matte lipsticks to make them more comfortable. It provides a very sheer wash of color and a decent amount of moisture that isn't really better or worse than other comparable products. But the scent is the real kicker -- it smells like cotton candy! My only issue is that the pot feels unsanitary, which makes me want to try out the version that comes in a little squeezy tube.

I love the formulation of this lip butter and the smell is delicious (does not smell like jasmine but is a sweet smell). It gives a light pink tint to your lips when you apply it. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. I am just not a fan of dipping my finger into a tub so I always carry a lip brush with me. The only reason I wouldn't purchase is because of the colour - it's a bit too pale for me and I prefer brighter colours.

Popular Lip Treatments