3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Nice sparkley dazzling little scent. Its a white floral with gardenia being the dominant note. The mandarine orange and iced bergamot is lovely and the bright red raspberry give it a fizzy effervescent vibe. The bottle is a little bit too rectangular thus making the bottle difficult to grasp for me. No big deal though. Its the scent that counts and if fruity white florals are your thing you will probably like Very Hollywood. This is quite an old scent and has been discontinued but can easily still be found on ebay and at discount perfumeries. Check it out. Its a fun fragrance.

About reviewer (517 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Other

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I got a sample of this. At first is was pleasant but after about 30 minutes, Peeeyou. Headache time, strong, nasty. Have you ever walked through a store and someone is wearing a scent so strong that you can taste it and it gets stuck in your nose. This scent is in that category for me. Couldn't wash it off fast enough.Just not my cup of tea.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I absolutely love the fragrance. My issue is that within a very short time, you must reapply. I have asked my husband , along with several coworkers if they could still smell it, within an hour of applying, no hint of fragrance noted. I wear this everyday, several applications throughout the day, there is no hint of fragrance remaining on any outerwear . This was given to me as a requested Christmas gift. I have already gone through 3/4 of the bottle. So as much as I love the fragrance, it is not feasible for me to purchase again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I normally wouldn't review a discontinued product (I believe it is) but its still widely available at a deep discount - I highly recommend checking it out. So.. darling son gave this to me as a holiday present because he remembered that I liked the original Michael Kors fragrance. First spray - a little too fruity. Dry down - a little too powdery. Determined not to hurt his feelings and at least TRY to like it I kept wearing it. And I fell in love. Suddenly it started working with my chemistry. Bright, sparkly yet sexy, it came alive. Floral overtone yes but not common or kiddish at all on me. Different, fun. Scent lasts longer than most of the commercial fragrances but not as long as the really good stuff. Bottle is pretty my one complaint is the large size is awkward to hold and spray if you have smaller hands.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

This is just a common perfume I'd recommend to a teenager, it's not really an elegant and mature scent. I'm still able to smell it a little bit at the end of the day but I really have to sit there and huff my wrist to really inhale it. An upside though is the packaging, very lovely.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

5 years ago

Tinkerbell's post is right on the mark. I love MK. I have his first fragrance and it's gorgeous. But this one is just a caricature of the first one. And the bottle is tacky, IMO. As for how it represents Hollywood, I think it's just like 21st century Tinsel Town: fake, tawdry and misleading.

About reviewer (703 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2.0

6 years ago

This is not your average Michael scent. It is very light and and has some traces of floral scents, in particular gardenia. I feel that Micheal Kors brought out this scent for the younger generation as he was/is seemingly getting popular with them. Just look at the pink, over the top bottle. My best friend normally has a great taste in fashion and perfumes so when she told me she had bought this and how wonderful it was (when it first came out), I didn't even flinch to buy the 3.4 oz. bottle. This scent is a way too light for me and whenever I take it out with me I find myself spraying it on frequently. There is NO staying power! I absolutely hate the clunky bottle. It takes up so much room in your purse and the rectangular cap somehow finds its way to twist itself off leaving you to fondle around your purse to try and find it. Needless to say, there is a nice amount left on my perfume stand.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

6 years ago

This smells exactly like Paris Hilton's Tease only hers is slightly sweeter/longer lasting and Michaels has a sugary dusty drydown that makes me sneeze. Both are watery thin white florals. The Michael Kors one however is SO weak that after 5 minutes the florals have gone and nothing left but the dusty powder. After 30 minutes, poof, gone! I can barely detect anything at all. Its the worst staying power of any of the 1000's of perfumes I have tried over the years. I feel like I paid $100 for 10c worth of body spray. I could probably see a young teen starting out might enjoy this. Some-one that doesn't have a collection yeat, wants something beautiful to display but does not want a perfume with a strong presence. I still think Tease is the better pick though. Before you think I got a dud mine was from an authentic supplier. Here in New Zealand we can't return perfumes and we are legally prohibited from sending perfume anyway so there is no way to return them except by hand. I am stuck with this junk. This has left a bad taste in my mouth. NO repurchase from this or anything from Michael Kors again.

About reviewer (1264 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

WOW! I love this scent! I never liked gardenia before but this is just *beautiful*! youthful floral with a hint of sweetness, I feel like I'm in a summer garden

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2.0

6 years ago

I also agree with other reviewers that this does NOT describe Hollywood. I think of Chanel Coco to describe the glamorous personality of Hollywood. If it was a scent that I enjoyed I could overlook it but unfortunately I don't. It says nothing. It's just floral and sweet. There's just nothing there for me and I feel very average when I wear this.

About reviewer (260 reviews)

Age25-29