Avon Ideal Shade Loose Powder

Avon Ideal Shade Loose Powder

4.5

TALC MICA SILICA DIMETHICONE CALCIUM SILICATE ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH ZINC STEARATE SQUALANE MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER TOCOPHEROL ATELOCOLLAGEN ASCORBYL PALMITATE BETA-CAROTENE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE DIISOSTEARYL MALATE KAOLIN SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE LECITHIN LAURYL PCA POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE ZINC PCA HYDROXYAPATITE BHT TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ZINC OXIDE METHICONE GLYCERIN ISOSTEARYL HYDROXYSTEARATE RETINYL PALMITATE SUCROSE DISTEARATE SODIUM POLYACRYLATE PHENYL TRIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE SODIUM HYALURONATE IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA METHYLPARABEN MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163 TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Don't think that Translucent means no colour. There is a light tint. It is too light for my NC25/30 skintone. Better if I apply it on the middle of my face - middle of forehead, nose and fleshy part of chin under lips. Then I apply a darker shade (matches my skintone) on the sides of my face. Translucent works better for me in the winter, definitely not good towards summer.

Try it if you are fairer. No sparkles or shimmers. Good price and packaging. Low rating relates to my skintone.

on 2/26/2016 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a nice powder from Avon! The shade I choose matches my skin right and it sets my make-up well. I like how this isn't too expensive so you get good value for your money. I would definitely buy again.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Seriously the best loose powder I've ever used!

I use this to set my BB cream which is a little bit lighter than my actual skin tone, but this powder helps bring some color back to my face, provide some subtle coverage, and makes my skin look awesome! I haven't had any trouble with this caking up and it feels light on the skin!

So sad that they discontinued it! :'(

on 11/14/2013 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my 1st loose powder so i have to get used to the shaker jar. I apply it with my elf studio kabuki brush over just moisturiser and concealer on my acne scars. It lasted for a few hours without needing to touch up and also my concealer is still intact. Usually if i just wear a concealer and pressed powder, my skin would be oily and makeup looks non existent. Pros: - big amount of product - very finely milled - never cakey - doesn't melt with a little sweat or oil (i live in hot and humid tropical country) - got the correct shade Neutral for my first buy. - affordable price Cons: - useless applicator. always use a brush! - shaker jar which i don't like - can be a hassle for touchups outside

on 7/11/2013 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This loose powder is okay I guess. As far as quantity goes it has a lot in it it would probably last you a little under a year, even if you wear it everyday, that's what I have done for two years so I know what I'm talking about. The coverage is fairly good though its not a build-able cover it looks very caky if you do that. They have a great colour line so that's also good on picking out your skin tone however you don't see the product until after you have bought it so its a little dodgy, kind of like a trial and error, so that sort of sucks. The container is good in comparison to others, though it can kind of get messy and the fluffy cloth sponge things that goes with it, is great for on the go, though isn't really good for applying it with, I would say it goes on caky and you have to wash it constantly if you do use it. The price I would say is great even if it does cost you like 20-30 dollars here in Australia cause it will last like a year so that's pretty good. I would recommend it for people who have oily skin especially for teenagers.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

An excellent powder. The color selection is great. I've found something where I don't have to worry about my powder looking too ashy and gray, or too orangey. This goes on smooth and natural without caking or changing color throughout the day. I would repurchase.

I love this! I have been using it for a few months, and have hardly made a dent in it. The product itself is wonderful, but I hate the packaging and I also find it to be very messy and it gets all over my clothes:/ So I just do my makeup before I get dressed. I'm not a huge fan of loose powders so this may be why. I would probably like it more if it had one of those shave off things

on 8/19/2012 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I only bought this because I keep seeing pixiwoo using this (yes I know they do some work for Avon) I also see them using the chanel loose powder also.I might try that next! And I would buy this again..What a lovely powder looks very natural I do not get that powder look when I apply this. It sets in very nice. I actually stopped using a setting spray since I started using this. It looks that good. I have a very oily nose slightly and slightly oily in the rest of the T zone and this really really helps keep my makeup set. Nothing in the world will stop the oil but this really helps a lot and I end up just looking dewy by the end of the night.

on 1/19/2012 9:31:00 AM

I'm a make up artist and LOVE using this to set my clients make up. Its sheer, absorbs oil, sets make up, is soooo soft and doesn't show up in photos. The price is fantastic too. Will definately repurchase.

on 4/14/2011 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love it! I have it in 01 Translucent & I use it everyday to set my foundation. It's fantastic, even better than the Maybelline loose powder I used before.

If you use loose powder on a daily basis, then you should seriously consider getting this Avon powder, it's amazing.