Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

3.4

Firstly I was matched with the wrong shades by two different Bareminerals counters. When I finally bought the correct shade by using the online shade finder I loved it for the first few days. It's a little bit shimmery which left me looking glowing and it seemed to stay fairly well. I haven't changed anything but a few days in its now all clumped up by about midday, if I'm lucky to get that far! I'm gutted because I thought I'd finally found 'the one' and I really haven't!

on 8/9/2016 6:26:00 PM

This foundation topped with the mineral powder keeps my oily skin so matte every day. I love this combination of powders. It is definitely worth the price! The texture is so silky. There is a close and open rotating circle to regulate the amount of powder that comes out. This powder works wonders for oily to combination skin.

I love this stuff! The packaging can get a little messy you just need to make sure to screw the lid so it's shut before you close it. This foundation feels so light weight and is the only one I will wear because I hate having my face feeling greesy and heavy from liquid foundations. You can build this up so it can be whatever coverage you want it to be I love it!

on 5/18/2016 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is too shiny and has little white sparkles that make oily skin look even more oily, if you touch your face you will see the powder on your hand, the packaging is messy- the powder gets everywhere.
It can't control oil not even a bit, doesn't hide blemishes that well, highlights pores and I regret spending 29$ on this. it's not yellow enough for me (which is very weird regarding the comments here) but it is too light for my complexion. I would recommend you get the Alima Pure powder foundation it's so much better than this one.
Im gonna try the matte one and also I heard they expanded in shades so I'm excited to find a better match

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Growing up with acne ridden, oily skin, I was always recommended mineral makeup as it has the least amount of "comedgenics". Now that I am older, I have less acne spots and redness but I still have reactive and oily skin, so anything that disagrees with it, a breakout will immediately follow. This mineral foundation has been my safety net and the one I will use comfortably on a everyday basis, as it I know for sure it doesn't react negatively with my skin.

During the summer I use Golden Medium, a good match for a NC 35 tan, and winter, I use Light for my NC 20-25 skin. After primer and applying concealer under the eyes and one stubborn marks, I tap a small amount of the product on the lid with my Real Techniques buffing brush. Small amount is key here, if you overload your brush you can get patches of foundation that is every difficult to blend out. Building it up is possible to medium-full but do it slow, working in thin layers. Sometimes if I am lazy or in a huge rush, I go straight in with the foundation, but I will say, on its own it provides only a medium coverage and the staying power is kinda crap on oily skin. When it is buffed out initially, the powdery look only lasts for 30 mins before it warms up to the skin and I get a pretty skin like finish. I usually have to blot around 4 hours in, even with primer, and by the end of the day, the foundation separates on my face, not a pretty look, but salvageable with blotting and another powder foundation.

Packaging is functional but I always lay a tissue on the surface of where I place this foundation and the lid (where I tap and swirl off of) because that is just the nature of loose powder products, Over time the inside of the lid gets pretty caked up with foundation, but if you are worried about hygiene, you can always tap the foundation into a shallow bowl that you can regularly wash.

Whilst longevity and coverage isn't great, I will always need a foundation that my skin likes and will tolerate. That alone I will repurchase once I am out. I get mine at Sephora for $26.50 CAD each.

on 4/8/2016 6:04:00 PM

I really want to like this product. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and is a powder (helpful since I'm a frequent traveler). Unfortunately, I just can't. The colors are all too warm or too cool for my light neutral/olive skin. The range just isn't there for it to work.

Plus, it sort of starts "melting" midday. Not really ideal if you work long hours and no amount of mineral veil works without requiring a touchup.

on 1/15/2016 11:21:00 PM

great coverage but breaks me out like crazy. and it doesnt do anything for my oily skin. im a greaseball by the end of the day.

on 8/20/2015 5:24:00 AM

I always come back to this foundation. I have acne prone skin and while using this foundation I see a clear improvement of my skin. In my opinion it gives a nice glow without the oily/shiny effect. Love it!

This used to be the only foundation I used for TEN YEARS. I may have even wrote a great review on it in the past. But man have things changed. I bought a new pot of this in regular and in matte and every time I would sweat my face would start burning and itching. It just kept getting worse until I had to change foundations. I googled it and I am not the only one this is happening to. Apparently bare minerals added some chemicals to their foundation. One in particular (bymuth oxide) is giving many people allergic reactions. But now that I have found the best foundation ever (MAC pro Longwear) I now realize how much bare minerals did not work and look at my allergic reaction as a blessing in disguise. Bare minerals has absolutely NO COVERAGE. No matter how much I tried to build coverage it just was not happening. And it lasted maybe an hour. I would apply before going to dinner and two hours later it would look like I had absolutely nothing on. So save your money and invest in something that actually works. And buy something else especially if you are looking for something with few chemicals since they have added some to the new formulation.

on 5/30/2015 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Well is the best foundation I've used so far. The only one that instead of making me have new spots, reduce the ones that I've got on at the moment.
Cons, I've got very dry skin and sometimes for me it's way too dry, and of course you need to have your face without flakyness because it will accentuate that.

But honestly, I'll repurchase, because it looks natural, it feels like nothing on the skin, and in my case last all day on.