VitaBath Spring Green Shower Gel

No Image

on 9/1/2016 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This product has been around for decades. I recall it being loved to death by women when I was a very young girl. This is truly a gel, not a liquid. It will not run nor drip. It is very concentrated. Use a puff or you will use way more than you need. The color and scent are extremely green. Spruce, pine, herbs, grass, and a wee bit of mint and lime are apparent. It borders on the medicinal. The scent is strong and lingers . It will permeate your house when you open your bathroom door. The scent stays on your skin. One lippie off because it can be drying. Watch out around delicate tissue as it can sting.

I got this as a free sample from Ulta. I had to rush to makeup alley to write a review since it was so great! I work in a hot, humid kitchen and don't feel very "fresh" when I get home. I shower with this and it is like getting 10 hours of quality sleep, a massage, and winning my money back on a scratch off ticket. Honestly, it leaves you feeling rejuvenated, fresh, and the pleasant scent lingers all day. I am adding it to my must haves. If you have a physically demanding job and need a little pick me up I highly recommend this wonderful product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff—years ago they made an after-bath splash that I adored and would use it again if they brought it back!! I wish they made a perfume, I’d wear it all year long!

on 11/10/2014 10:44:00 AM

I love this stuff! I use it daily and it smells like a forest and it moisturizes and leaves my skin soft and smelling super fresh!

on 7/20/2013 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good product. The scent is clean, fresh, and it moisturizes skin very nicely! I also have to say that I only use 2 squirts and take my entire shower with lather left over in the washcloth. This also makes an extreme bubble bath! All you need is a little and it will last. I also have very sensitive skin, and this does not irritate me at all.

I got a sample of this and it reeks good for your male partner but its s strong yuck

I purchased this because it was on clearance at Sears for $4.50 for the 10 oz. bottle. I remember this from the 70's- my Mom used to like the Pink scent (which has since been discontinued) I think they replaced it with the Vitabath Plus- which has a nice scent, but the original pink was the best- that one was more floral. When this first came out there were only three scents- Green, Pink and Yellow- the yellow one was straight up lemon. The yellow has been discontinued as well- so the green one is the only original scent that is still around. The scent is very nostalgic for me. What I like is that the scent actually stays on your skin after you've dried off. It turns your bathtub green as your showering! Love this- you only need a quarter size dollop to do your body with a bath pouf.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I cannot speak for myself, as I've only used it a few times, but my grandma loved it. It reminds me so much of her. My mom always loved it and vitabath is amazing/

I love Vitabath! I always have a variety of body washes going at once, but I use Vitabath the most.
It's far more concentrated that any other body wash I've used, so the relative expense is no where near as bad as you might think. It is intensely green smelling; by today's standard a more masculine than feminine scent. It cleans very well and rinses cleanly. It's never dried me out.
This was the first, widely-available liquid body cleanser and remains one of the best.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overrated. I have oily facial skin and dry body skin prone to odors. I bathed with this stuff and did not feel clean and still had body odors. Unless you are bathing several times a day (very drying) this does no good and keeping you fresh smelling. Probably makes a better bubble bath than anything.