Maybelline Color Sensational - Are You Red-Dy

Maybelline Color Sensational - Are You Red-Dy
Color Sensational - Are You Red-Dymaybelline are you red-dy?

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a pretty daytime red for me, due to the fact that it is bold but not too much. It has a comfortable satin-matte finish, and it lasts fairly well on my lips. I am very fair, so the color does pop, but it looks nice with minimal eye makeup for a classic-yet-work-appropriate kind of vibe. I have better reds for daytime, but this one is still nice because it isn't shiny or shimmery and it lasts very well. It is unscented, and the packaging is nice, but I won't repurchase due to Maybelline's animal testing policy.

on 8/29/2017 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Reviewers disagree as to whether this is orange based or blue based. For me it depends on the light you're in. It's clearly blue based in pictures and in the tube. Then it's orange on the hand. Yet on the lips it's as bright and fluorescent as Fire and Ice. I don't know why I ever thought this was a true red. It certainly doesn't flatter me anymore. I wear it very rarely and always tone it down with another shade.

on 11/13/2014 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked this up after hearing so many good things about the Maybelline lipsticks lately. First off the color is beautiful. Could pass as a dupe for a higher end lipstick. Unfortunately, the formula could never pass. This slides all over my lips. It didn't bleed, but if I drank anything I'd have a line in the corner of my mouth. It also did not last. I had to reapply this every two hours. I have a Chanel and an Urban Decay red lipstick and there are times I don't have to reapply at all in a day. I would spend the extra $ and get a lasting red.

on 12/9/2014 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a lot of compliments when I wore this and it does look nice on me but it pulls more orange red than neutral. I am cool toned and very light. It very bright on me and I'm do like it.

My complaint is one, it bleeds. Like it bleeds a lot and you need liner. It wears well and feels great. It stains and the stain is gorgeous.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm dark skinned AfrAmerican and Are you red-dy looks perfect on me. Not too blue based, not too orange. The first shade of red you see on the rainbow. I love that I can wear true red lipsticks with my neutral undertone. I find it's best when I wanna look like a Bombshell. Perfect date night makeup.

on 10/24/2016 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is almost a true red, just a hair towards the orange end of the spectrum. It has a very slightly glossy creme finish, and is opaque in one swipe. It lasts until I eat or wipe it off, and, even then, leaves a nice stain. It has a light candy fake cherry scent.

I love the color against my warm-side-of-neutral complexion, but the formula is just too drying for my lips, even over balm.

on 10/15/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Favorite red lipstick now. It used to be GEM by covergirl but that was discontinued. This is a true red, a bit warm leaning. I love the vibrant bold color for my skin. I don't like anything too blue based because it just isn't flattering but I don't want orange lips either. I'm cool leaning neutral toned. I find this shade flattering. Hopefully shade will not be discontinued before I need a new red l/s.

This is a fabulous red! In colour and pigmentation it matches that of Chanel's Rouge Coco in Rue Cambon, but at a much cheaper price (which is reflected in the cheap plastic packaging of this lipstick).

To wear this blue-based red lipstick, make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturised - I prefer to wear a non-shine lip balm such as Nuxe's Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm - and then apply straight from the bullet. For casual everyday wear, I don't bother with lip liner. This creamy lipstick does not bleed, and the longevity is pretty great, lasting over 3 hours with a bit of drinking here and there. For food, don't have high hopes - it's obviously not going to last so have your meal and then pop to the restroom to re-apply.

I would definitely repurchase! A great red to have on hand to elevate any normal day outfit.

on 12/14/2013 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It's a perfect red. I'm Chinese with medium skin tone. This colour compliment my Asian skin tone so well. It's cheaper than Mac ruby woo. It glides on so easily. If you have dry lips you can try scrubbing off the layer of dead skin on your lips first then apply mild amount of non shinning lip gloss or lip balm underneath this lipstick. Anyway I like to apply rich lip balm underneath first before my lipstick during the day because it gives this soft sexy red which makes my make up looks effortless. In another words you can achieve two different look with this make up.

on 3/17/2014 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a red with a hint of orange and found this. Texture is smooth when glided and the color is vibrant. I love this shade though I find it drying.