Maybelline Color Sensational - Are You Red-Dy

Maybelline Color Sensational - Are You Red-Dy
Color Sensational - Are You Red-Dymaybelline are you red-dy?

on 10/24/2016 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is almost a true red, just a hair towards the orange end of the spectrum. It has a very slightly glossy creme finish, and is opaque in one swipe. It lasts until I eat or wipe it off, and, even then, leaves a nice stain. It has a light candy fake cherry scent.

I love the color against my warm-side-of-neutral complexion, but the formula is just too drying for my lips, even over balm.

on 12/9/2014 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a lot of compliments when I wore this and it does look nice on me but it pulls more orange red than neutral. I am cool toned and very light. It very bright on me and I'm do like it.

My complaint is one, it bleeds. Like it bleeds a lot and you need liner. It wears well and feels great. It stains and the stain is gorgeous.

on 11/13/2014 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked this up after hearing so many good things about the Maybelline lipsticks lately. First off the color is beautiful. Could pass as a dupe for a higher end lipstick. Unfortunately, the formula could never pass. This slides all over my lips. It didn't bleed, but if I drank anything I'd have a line in the corner of my mouth. It also did not last. I had to reapply this every two hours. I have a Chanel and an Urban Decay red lipstick and there are times I don't have to reapply at all in a day. I would spend the extra $ and get a lasting red.

on 10/15/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Favorite red lipstick now. It used to be GEM by covergirl but that was discontinued. This is a true red, a bit warm leaning. I love the vibrant bold color for my skin. I don't like anything too blue based because it just isn't flattering but I don't want orange lips either. I'm cool leaning neutral toned. I find this shade flattering. Hopefully shade will not be discontinued before I need a new red l/s.

on 3/17/2014 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a red with a hint of orange and found this. Texture is smooth when glided and the color is vibrant. I love this shade though I find it drying.

This is a fabulous red! In colour and pigmentation it matches that of Chanel's Rouge Coco in Rue Cambon, but at a much cheaper price (which is reflected in the cheap plastic packaging of this lipstick).

To wear this blue-based red lipstick, make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturised - I prefer to wear a non-shine lip balm such as Nuxe's Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm - and then apply straight from the bullet. For casual everyday wear, I don't bother with lip liner. This creamy lipstick does not bleed, and the longevity is pretty great, lasting over 3 hours with a bit of drinking here and there. For food, don't have high hopes - it's obviously not going to last so have your meal and then pop to the restroom to re-apply.

I would definitely repurchase! A great red to have on hand to elevate any normal day outfit.

on 12/14/2013 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It's a perfect red. I'm Chinese with medium skin tone. This colour compliment my Asian skin tone so well. It's cheaper than Mac ruby woo. It glides on so easily. If you have dry lips you can try scrubbing off the layer of dead skin on your lips first then apply mild amount of non shinning lip gloss or lip balm underneath this lipstick. Anyway I like to apply rich lip balm underneath first before my lipstick during the day because it gives this soft sexy red which makes my make up looks effortless. In another words you can achieve two different look with this make up.

on 10/3/2013 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Are you red-dy is a creamy strawberry red lipstick. It goes well on the application,it last fairly long. Verry sexy red! Love it!

on 2/19/2013 5:22:00 AM

Was looking for a red lipstick that look good on asian and i really love this shade. It was recommended by a blog and the lady was an asian as me and it look really nice on her and since CNY is near and there are discount for this lipstick, i thought why not? To be honest, i only like this for the color and the long-lasting effect. It does stay on me for more than few hours with some light drinking and if i eat carefully, i don't have to reapply but i won't be finishing it anyway, lol. The lipstick formula is really drying, i had color sensational lipstick in natural shades and they weren't that drying, this one show my lip lines terribly, even though i apply lipbalm beforehand. Other cheaper brand lipstick and my Bourjois lipstick didn't show any lip lines with the lipbalm underneath so this is only the Maybelline lipstick problem. Did i mention that terrible scent? It is so strong, i thought it was a french line or something. I used to have french makeup and they all are scented heavily but Bourjois scent is a light berry one, i really don't like this strong scent, drying and filling into my lip line lipstick, even though the color really brighten my whole face. But there are cheaper brand with the moist factor and lesser scent and most importantly, they don't show my lip lines, it's really ugly. What a pity, i really dig the color but i won't be repurchasing it anymore.

on 12/23/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Shade description: fire truck red

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- drying

Comments: Nice bright red with a bit of orange to it. I see this looking best on those who are fair skinned, but I enjoy it myself and I'm an NC37.

Will repurchase.