no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I love the lightness of this foundation. I don't use a whole lot of anything for coverage and this just has the perfect consistency to give me what I need. As for smell...I have no idea where some folks are likening it to baby poop...quite odd...lol. To me, it has a light scent that doesn't bother me one bit. I don't find it to be offensive. I think it's a great product and I will definitely buy again for as long as it runs as a product because I really love the feel and look of it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

8 years ago

I think the other comments are from people who didn't know how to use the product. I found this to be very blend able, but you had to have the right technique. I have very dry skin so I have to exfoliate and heavily moisturize beforehand so that the product has an easier time blending on my skin. I then put a swipe on each cheek, my chin, forehead, and the center of my nose. Next, I take a dampened foundation brush and start blending out. It spreads very easily and I honestly see this product lasting for a long time. It is very cooling on the skin and has a subtle sheen finish. I then dab it again on any areas that need extra coverage and under my eyes. It's very easy for you to get cake face with this product so dont use too much and BLEND BLEND BLEND! I would say this is a foundation that's buildable but best for medium to sheer coverage and then spot coverage.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Tan

HairBrown

3.0

9 years ago

I didn't think was nearly as bad as other reviews for it suggest. It's creamy and feels good going on. I don't mind the smell at all, but I can see how you might hate it if you are sensitive. I'm very pale, and it looks yellow going on, but once it is blended it is nearly undectable. It fills in my pores nicely, but doesn't have much coverage--more like a tinted moisturizer. You can layer it a little before it gets cakey. I said I'd buy this again, but I bought it from Hautelook for cheap, so I'd buy it again at a discount!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Woah, what can I say about this? First of all, this is probably the absolute WORST foundation I have ever used in my life. And coming from someone with nearly 8 years cosmetics sales experience and makeup artistry experience, that is saying a lot since I have used a gajillion products in my time. I am quite an expert on stick foundations as they are are my favorite medium to use for complexion. I use Becca and Napoleon Perdis sticks pretty much exclusively in my kit but I have tried others from Kryolan, Vapour Beauty, Benefit, MAC, Smashbox, Max Factor, MUFE pan stick and others. Seeing as I had never tried any of Kevyn Aucoins complexion products before, when some things went on sale on Haute Look last month, I decided to buy this in the lightest shade (Shalom) sight unseen. I am lighter than most brands make, quite honestly. So I really wasn't expecting this one to even match me. And it didn't. It was pretty fair (still darker than I am though), mind you, but it was really really yellow. So if you like yellow (which I don't), you might like this color. Color aside, I figured if it didn't match me I would just add it to the rest and use it eventually. Well, sad to say, I wouldn't even find this fitting to put on a corpse let alone myself or a client. When I first used it, I put it on top of my Urban Decay primer. And the stick would not blend well and it literally PILLED OFF my face as I was trying to blend it. I thought maybe it was the primer or maybe my skincare moisturizer that it wasn't compatible with, so I started again with a completely clean product free face and it PILLED AGAIN. It literally looked like I had face dandruff as I started to work it in with a sponge and it just had the worst DRAG on the skin! As for the price, this is EXPENSIVE! At full price, its $45 and .32 ounces. My Napoleon Perdis ones are $39 and .50ounces and WAY WAY WAY superior. Even the crappy Benefit Play Sticks are better than this product. Heck, I could buy a huge Kryolan stick for about $10 and that is a better product. DO NOT BUY THIS. Thank goodness I only spent $15.75 on it. If I had paid full price, I would be pished off beyond belief. The only nice thing about it is the interesting cooling sensation it has when it goes on. Which is short lived when you start to try to blend it onto your skin and it rolls and pills right off of you. WORST foundation EVER.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

10 years ago

C 40 and I purchased the 05 (Yasmeen) which seems to be a perfect match. First, what I don’t like: skin will have to very moisturized before using or as stated in another review, use a damp sponge to blend. The scent is odd, in the tube it smells fragrant but once it’s applied, the scent is a bit “poop-ie” but it dissipates very quickly. It is not full coverage. Lastly, the price is ridiculous, it’s selling for twice what it’s worth. What I do like: the cooling effect it gives almost like an ice cube on the skin. It does make my acne scarred skin look almost unblemished. it works really well under my eyes by camouflaging dark circles and shadows. It’s not heavy and it feels almost like having a naked clean face. So far, I am pleased with this product but I just purchased this item last night. So I will report back once I’ve given it a longer test run.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesBlack

from

10 years ago

This is actually called The Solid Foundation and it is absolutely the worst foundation ever. Kevyn Aucoin was a genius and I'm hoping that this was not his own creation. It is terrible on every single level. I got Amber #02, which is the second lightest color and described as "cream." MAC Studio Stick foundation in NC20 is a perfect match for my skin in the winter time. Foundation usually don't have enough yellow for me but Amber had too much yellow for me. It wasn't obvious Big Bird yellow but it was noticeably more yellow and darker than my ears, neck, and chest. I can only imagine how terrible this would look on someone with even lighter skin. And remember--Amber is the second lightest shade. This foundation is not creamy like Bobbi Brown or MAC Studio stick foundations. It felt like glue stick and I could not get it to blend into my skin no matter what I used. You'd think that it would provide lots of coverage but it doesn't cover anything, which is weird. Also, I tried applying my Nars Multiple bronzer over after applying foundation and although I hadn't even powdered my skin yet, I could not get the Multiple to blend! Normally I am able to blend the Multiple on top of my liquid foundation. As if all of this wasn't enough, what really makes this foundation a 0-lippie loser is its horrible smell. To me, it smells like baby poop. I'd like to know how the company managed to accomplish this since there is currently no cosmetic grade essence of baby poop on the market. Other reviewers mentioned that the smell goes away and I tried, oh how I tried, but I just couldn't stand having my face smell like poop so I washed off the foundation after 3 minutes. I tried to wear this foundation three times before giving up. I don't care how fabulous this foundation is (it's not). I can't have my face smelling like poop...and for $45! Trust me--you do not want this product.

About reviewer (558 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0
from

10 years ago

I bought it from Sephora.com strictly out of curiosity. This is, of course not based on KA's endorsement/formulation, but whatever company that bought his name. I have dry skin with slightly oily T-zone, NC 35-40 (summer) & I ordered #04, which based on Sephora's description is medium for golden skin tone. This fdn has to be used on well moisturized skin (or primer), water-based moisturizer if you are oily, otherwise the product will dry so fast on the skin & won't budge. The coverage is very sheer, great for covering pores & shines, however, it will not cover blemish/melasma etc. I just pass the stick on concerned areas on the face, it feels like passing an ice-cube, really neat. I find this can be good for touch up, as long as you use blotting paper to mop up the oilies first. The biggest con is due to the texture of this fdn, putting on a concealer just doesn't do the trick. The smell ..... I can best described it smells like new born's soiled diaper. But it disappeared very fast, no allergic reaction. It's better than putting on a heavier fragrance to cover up that smell, or add some deodourizer to neutralize (so don't assume those fragrance-free product has no additional fragrance) I don't think I will re-purchase, my curiosity was satisfied, I will reserve this product for the T-zone or touch up.

About reviewer (778 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

10 years ago

Okay, it does feel good going on, but DOES NOT blend at all. In fact, it turned kind of rubbery on the skin and stayed exactly where it was put...if you put a line across your forehead is impossible to blend (this comes in a stick). Also, the smell was like baby vomit...very strong and pungent. I couldn't figure it out. Bizarre. I wanted to like this so much, but it was awful.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium