Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

4.3

Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Acetate, Heptane, Butyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Ispropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 47000 (Yellow 11), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This makes my nail polish peel off at the tips. I want to like it, because the packaging is pretty and I like the green color.

I'll go back to Nail Tek 2, which doesn't really help my nails, but is my HG base coat.

I think the price is good - you're not out much if it doesn't work for you.

on 4/4/2016 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best base coat. Protects my nails from any coloring from nail polish be it blue, purple, pink or yellow. I've have absolutely no skrinkage. I use Orly Sec 'N Dry Top coat and it's a combination I'll stay with for a very long time. My mani lasts for at least a week with no chipping and I attribute it totally to the base and top coat combination. I always cover the edges of my nails with the base, color, and top coat (although I'm 57 years young, it's a tip I learned on a youtube video).
I like this product so much that I bought the 2.3 oz size on Amazon. If you like something you may as well save money while you're at it.

To Read all 153 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/15/2016 10:32:00 AM

I had previously purchased OPI basecoat, but I felt that the polish wasn't adhering well to it, and as a result, I had too many do-overs. So I saw that this was recommended highly, and tried this instead. I am really happy with it. I almost never have to redo any of my nails. It dries quickly, and it has the appropriate stickiness for my polish to adhere to it. I also haven't had any polish staining, and I have worn some very dark colors.

on 12/15/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love it!!! Very thin, clear, fast drying base coat that nail color can easily be spread over. Not too tacky, but extends my manicure to 7 days with no chips!! This is my holy grail of base coats. My nail salon swears by it and recommended it to me. Also it doesn't interfere with nail polish colors as its clear.

on 10/25/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been usingt this basecoat for at least 10 years or more. I have always loved a tacky basecoat as I feel that it makes polish cling much better than a slick one. For reference, Revlon made a tacky base coat about 40 years ago -- you read that right, 40 years ago! It was the only base coat a friend and I would ever use just for the reason listed above. The only drawback with Sticky is that it's very thin and you have to be careful of pooling around the nail bed -- it does tend to do that, especially when you open a new bottle as I did yesterday. Love this stuff and hope CND never discontinues it as it took a long time to find this type of base coat after Revlon discontinued theirs.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been trying this product for a few weeks now, and I love it. I am on day 6 of my current manicure and it looks just as fresh as it did the first day. No tip wear, no chips. I wish i had tried this sooner, I definitely recommend.

on 2/8/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this and feel no need to try another brand. I love how quickly it dries and the brush is absolute perfection for me. The product has a watery consistency and only needs thinning at the very end of the bottle. I also like the relatively clean ingredients list and the smell isn't overpowering. The lid comes off easily too and it never bubbles.

on 11/23/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Great base coat, dried very fast, sticks with nail polish color very well. Good price.
However, it is so bright green and it does show greenish film on my nails if I wear it alone or use very light nail polish. Not sure why they made it green?!
UPDATE: Omg, this base coat stained my nails yellowish green. Disgusting!!!

on 9/16/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had never been particularly faithful to a basecoat; they all seemed pretty much the same. After Allure magazine named this Best in Beauty (2010) I decided to try it and itís been the only basecoat Iíve used since (I even gave my sister a bottle). While this is blue/green, it dries clear. It goes on smoothly, dries quickly, but with a slightly tacky finish to really grab the polish and keep it in place. Since using this basecoat Iíve never had major chips in my nails, even when Iíve bent my nail and I was sure the polish was going to chip or crack, it didnít. This basecoat extends the life of my polish by two or three days. The tips of the nails do wear down a little, but I donít think that can be prevented. My only complaint is that the brush doesnít reach the bottom of the bottle, so thereís always a ľ inch of basecoat that the brush canít reach. However, by the time I get that far down in the bottle the basecoat is old and starting to thicken does not apply as smoothly as it used to. I will keep buying this basecoat.

on 8/18/2014 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG base coat. It's easy to apply with a soft, comfortable brush. It applies in a thin layer that dries quickly to a tacky finish. Using this base coat, my polish lasts a minimum of 3 days before chips begin. With some combinations of this base coat with polish and top coat, I can get a full week out of a manicure. I have never noticed that the green tint comes thru on a manicure. I've used about a third of the bottle, and it hasn't become thickened yet whatsoever. Great product!