Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

4.2

Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Acetate, Heptane, Butyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Ispropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 47000 (Yellow 11), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 3/11/2018 4:09:00 PM

Hate. CND's Stickey is actually very popular so I bought it out of curiosity. Turns out it's pretty terrible.

It doesn't apply nicely and makes my nail polish look sloppy when I use this underneath. And it's tinted blue for some reason. Noticeably blue. So you can't wear any sheer polishes with this base coat without having the blue tint showing through. That's fairly limiting.

Just a no overall. I prefer Gelous by American Classics as my base coat. It's clear and not blue, first of all. And it applies smoothly and beautifully. I need to just stick with what works for me.

I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was the second base coat I'd ever used after OPI natural basecoat. I initially purchased the pinkie 3.75ml bottle to try it out and it worked really well; no chips, cracks, lifting etc. I loved it so much I took the plunge and bought the salon size 68ml bottle. Everything was great at first and I was getting 7 days of wear out of my nail polish with no issues. When the bottle got to about 3/4 full everything changed. My manicured showed major tip wear after two days, it would be chipping within three and after four I was able to peel my polish off in sheets. Another problem was it did not prevent staining, instead the blue colour of this base coat would mix with yellow staining and my nails would turn an interesting shade of green. I don't mind staining as I whiten my nails twice a year and I'm more concerned about longevity but this just wouldn't cut it anymore. Now I'm left with a big bottle of base coat which doesn't do what it's supposed to do. In addition, if you're someone who goes for the naked nail look or French tips you won't be able to use this base coat as it does tint your nails blue and makes your hand look permanently cold. I don't know if this base coat loses effectiveness after a while and smaller bottles might be a smarter purchase but this isn't good enough. My Orly Bonder is much better and I will be using this up and then switching permanently over to Orly. Such a shame

on 12/13/2017 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not my favorite. It does a decent job at preventing any colors above from staining the nail bed, and is also fairly quick-drying. It also doesn't leave behind a tint in the nail, unlike Orly Glosser (and many will prefer the CND product for that reason). But otherwise I've found this product doesn't noticeably improve the longevity of a manicure, and it just feels like an extra coat of polish. Not worth the fuss.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The packaging is very cool - a half flat bottle, but that's the only distinguishing advantage of this product.
First, the color is way too emerald green - it will show through semi-opaque light polish colors. With light polish color nails look greenish/bluish and not attractive at all. The worst part is that after the polish being removed I found my nails stained by this ugly color! (I wore red polish for 5 days and was very surprised to see my green nails underneath)
Second, it doesn't prolong nail polish wear, it shortens it (I've tested it with a couple of polishes from different brands).
Third, it takes forever to dry. Even fast dry top coats that dry polishes can't properly dry this stuff.

There is nothing good about this product, except the packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This makes my nail polish peel off at the tips. I want to like it, because the packaging is pretty and I like the green color.

I'll go back to Nail Tek 2, which doesn't really help my nails, but is my HG base coat.

I think the price is good - you're not out much if it doesn't work for you.

on 4/4/2016 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best base coat. Protects my nails from any coloring from nail polish be it blue, purple, pink or yellow. I've have absolutely no skrinkage. I use Orly Sec 'N Dry Top coat and it's a combination I'll stay with for a very long time. My mani lasts for at least a week with no chipping and I attribute it totally to the base and top coat combination. I always cover the edges of my nails with the base, color, and top coat (although I'm 57 years young, it's a tip I learned on a youtube video).
I like this product so much that I bought the 2.3 oz size on Amazon. If you like something you may as well save money while you're at it.

on 2/15/2016 10:32:00 AM

I had previously purchased OPI basecoat, but I felt that the polish wasn't adhering well to it, and as a result, I had too many do-overs. So I saw that this was recommended highly, and tried this instead. I am really happy with it. I almost never have to redo any of my nails. It dries quickly, and it has the appropriate stickiness for my polish to adhere to it. I also haven't had any polish staining, and I have worn some very dark colors.

on 12/15/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love it!!! Very thin, clear, fast drying base coat that nail color can easily be spread over. Not too tacky, but extends my manicure to 7 days with no chips!! This is my holy grail of base coats. My nail salon swears by it and recommended it to me. Also it doesn't interfere with nail polish colors as its clear.

on 10/25/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been usingt this basecoat for at least 10 years or more. I have always loved a tacky basecoat as I feel that it makes polish cling much better than a slick one. For reference, Revlon made a tacky base coat about 40 years ago -- you read that right, 40 years ago! It was the only base coat a friend and I would ever use just for the reason listed above. The only drawback with Sticky is that it's very thin and you have to be careful of pooling around the nail bed -- it does tend to do that, especially when you open a new bottle as I did yesterday. Love this stuff and hope CND never discontinues it as it took a long time to find this type of base coat after Revlon discontinued theirs.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been trying this product for a few weeks now, and I love it. I am on day 6 of my current manicure and it looks just as fresh as it did the first day. No tip wear, no chips. I wish i had tried this sooner, I definitely recommend.