St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

Filtered by eye Color : Green
 St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

4.2

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 7/14/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Im on my third bottle, and i love this! I have the colour medium for the winter and dark for summer, and I love to have a summer glow all year around. It is very cheap, but the product is great. Just make sure to remove all dead skin and make sure that the moisturizer is completely dry before applying to get the perfect and even result. I am totally addicted to this self tanning mousse.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After many years of trying out every different type of tanners on the market, mousses, creams, gels, sprays, tinted moisturisers this is by far the best one ever!

First off the price is fantastic! In the Netherlands its about €7,50 (about $8,50USD)

I decided on the darkest colour in the mousse form. I wouldn't say I'm very tanned naturally but also not extremely white. Somewhere in between... The colour is a very natural brown and doesnt turn out orange at all. The guide colour has almost a green tinge to it which counteracts the orange. After about 4 hours you have to shower to remove the guide colour which will make you slightly lighter than what the original application colour was, but its ever so slightly that i don't really notice it.

For me the biggest positive of this tanner is that it fades naturally. With other tanners i always got weird white patches where the dead skin would scrub off and leave me patchy after about 5 days. This just fades naturally without becoming patchy. I also love that you can apply it easily without it drying to quickly and becoming streaky.

All in all i havent really got anything negative to say about this product other than i wish it would stay a bit longer than about 6-7 days. OH! And the bottle lasts forever! I get about 10 applications from it! I remember a while ago i bought an expensive australian brand mousse and it lasted me only 2 applications! This is so worth your money!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this self-tan while I was living abroad (knowing fully well the hype over it) and it came in a two full-size bottle (one medium and one dark) pack for 5 euros. Insane deal! You get one bottle of any other tanning mousse in the US anywhere between $6-$12! And now that I'm back in the states, I'm having a hard time finding it online for less than $12 after shipping. But it is worth ordering.

The color is also amazing- it goes on kind of green, which makes it look completely natural when you wash it off! I also use it on my face (which is kind of amusing given the color.) Honestly, I use rubber gloves to apply it. I feel like mitts absorb/waste too much product but I also wouldn't risk putting this one without something covering your hands!

You will definitely only want to wear it to bed. (I don't really get why girls would want to wear a developing tanner out though, anyways, because tanners just smell and rub off on things...) This smell of this particular tanner isn't bad though. You mostly just smell in the morning and it washes away.

It lasts about 3-4 days, which I wouldn't mind if I were buying it at the euro prices but at home it means I save this tanner before special events or use it only for the most visible parts (face and arms) and use another self-tan for everywhere else. Great product though. I recommend it.

on 9/27/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I picked this up at Ulta when I was on a shopping trip out of town. I didn't realize Ulta carried it, so I was very excited to find it there! I'm a self-professed sunless tanning addict and I've tried literally nearly every kind out there - from the highest of high end to the lowest of low end. My favorite brands are Loving Tan, St. Tropez, and Famous Dave's. Even though I've found some that I love, I'm always up for trying something new and this was something I was always curious about. I bought it in Dark. For reference, I'm naturally an NC10/15, NARS Siberia/Gobi - very fair-skinned with yellow/golden/slightly olive undertones. I naturally tan very quickly and dark, but don't want to risk the sun damage and increased risk of skin cancer. I have somewhat sensitive skin, and some tans have proven to be irritating.

I applied this using a St. Tropez tanning mitt. (I always recommend also wearing a pair of non-latex gloves underneath the mitt because the tan can sometimes seep through and stain your hands.) When I first pumped some of the product onto a paper towel to get an idea of the scent, it seemed to be a somewhat overwhelming soapy smell, like an old soap my grandparents used when I was a kid. But once I got it on the mitt and started applying, it wasn't that strong at all. It was actually a nice light, fresh scent. This mousse applies like *butter*. It glides on so smooth and almost creamy. It dried quickly but allowed plenty of time to get it blended properly. The color guide is much nicer looking than St. Tropez. It's not so blatantly green and is more of a deep olive brown. I was able to put my pajamas on within about 5 minutes and then I got into bed. Very impressed after initial application.

The next morning, the color guide looked gorgeous! I was so excited to see the actual result. Unfortunately, I was left pretty disappointed. After the guide had washed off I was left with very little color. It was about the equivalent of two applications of a gradual tanner. To its credit though, it was a very natural color. There are certain areas of my skin that fake tans tend to irritate, and the area that reacts the worst is my mid/lower back. After one application I experienced no itching. I decided to apply another layer the night after the first application. That got me to about where I wanted to be depth-wise, but I really prefer to only have to apply one layer of tan each week. But the color really was very nice! In all honesty I liked the color a little better than the St. Tropez Dark Bronzing Mousse as it was reddish/olive/brown as opposed to the strong olive tone in St. Tropez that sometimes makes me look a bit green/coppery. However, after the day after that second application, I started experiencing pretty bad itching on my lower back. It took about 3 days for that to go away.

I also noticed after just 4 days that it was fading poorly on my upper arms and inner thighs so I ended up exfoliating it off at that point. Sunless tans (especially mousses) tend to last at least 6-7 days on me, so I was pretty disappointed with that. Prior to that I was thinking it would make a good winter tan because it's such a breeze to apply, so cheap, and gives a nice light glow with one application. But I don't think I want to deal with the bad fading and frequent re-applying. I would really probably give it a 3.5, but I bumped it up rather than down due to it's cheap price and awesome application and nice color. I do highly recommend trying it! It's so affordable and really seems to work very well for many people!

For about £3 you can't go wrong with this tan. I exfoliate with the soap and glory exfoliator and a pair exfoliating gloves and then moisturize the tricky bits (feet, knees, elbows and hands) with palmers cocoa butter. After waiting an hour for it to soak in I put 2 pumps of st moriz mousse in medium on my tanning mitt and buff into the skin. Once I've finished applying I put a tiny amount of water on a flannel and buff the 'tricky bits' to get rid of any excess tanner that can make it go darker than the rest.
In the morning I wake up to a bit of a scarily dark orangy tan until I jump in the shower. After I'm left with a gorgeously brown (not orange!) natural looking tan! The tan lasts for about 3 days until I need to reapply.
Pros:
- Easy to apply
- Doesn't streak
- Fades evenly
- Natural colour
- Cheap as chips
Cons:
- Has that familiar biscuity smell after about an hour of applying (although I actually quite like the smell!)

In conclusion I love this fake tan, although I would definitely advise anyone using the mousse to apply using a mitt, I don't think it would apply as evenly without one.

on 7/12/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have tried many of the higher end ones (such as St Tropez recently) and then the lower end ones (Jergens, Equate..ect). Last week I gave the spray version of this a shot (on accident..thought I bought the mousse) and I *really* loved that. However this is hands down my favorite.

PROS:

-Application: As I suspected, the mousse is a lot easier to apply than the spray.

-Color: Very believable, natural color. It is not orange based. I am NC10 (think albino with yellow undertones). This gave me a golden, brown tinted tan. It is beautiful.

-Longetivity: This lasts at least 3 days, even with showers (given I don't attempt scrubbing it off purposely).

-Even fade: It doesn't wear off in weird, noticeable patches the way some self tanners do.

-0 odor. Jergens Gradual Tan lotion back in 2008 turned me off sunless tanning for a very long time because it smelled like rancid cat pee. The sunless tanning product industry has really evolved, I don't smell any fragrance in this nor nasty chemicals.

-The color guard: You get an instant bronzing effect. Which is awesome, because it shows where the tanner has been applied. This helps give you an even application.

-Dries immediately: This dries almost too quickly, and that's what makes Moriz unique. So many of the self tanners on the market leave a tacky film on my skin, causing my pores to choke and inflame. St Moriz tanners dry within 30 seconds. I can use this on my acne prone face and trust 100% that is not the culprit of any of my (now rare) breakouts.

CONS

-Darkens acne scars and pools into pores: this is the only con I'd found. It'll take even the lightest acne scars on my face and turn them blood red. My big facial pores become black dots. I love this tanner enough that I am will to work around this flaw. Besides, I wear foundation everyday anyways.

I'll report back if I find a solution to that.

Either way, this stuff is amazing.

on 5/1/2015 1:17:00 PM

I love product so much,

I use fake tan alot and i have tried a lot of different fake tans but this is my favorite.

It goes on nicely, The guide colour is very similar to the colour you are left with when it has been washed off, and sometimes the guide colour does look patchy or darker in places but when it has been washed off its not patchy at all.

Its so cheap too and a bottle will last me at least 4/5 full body applications,

It is slightly sticky for about an hour after application, But other than that i dont think i could fault it

I've been on MUA for years, but haven't actually written a review until now... however, I love this product so much that I just couldn't resist.

I would call myself a bit of a newbie when it comes to self-tanning, so St. Moriz in dark is only the third self-tanner I've ever tried (after Jergens, which took forever to show any color, and Banana Boat Deep Dark Color, which was just O.K). I am so impressed.

Pros:
- Color is not orange, but a natural tan, somewhere between olive and golden
- Scent is not horrible - there is a bit of a DHA smell, but it is still pleasant
- PRICE is amazing. I bought it for 12 dollars at ULTA in the U.S., but am now seeing that people have found it for cheaper online
- Bottle lasts a long time
- Color is dark enough to be noticed, but not dark enough to look fake. A second coat could be added for an extra oomph!
- Color fades evenly (at least on me) in about 4-6 days
- Doesn't stain sheets

Cons:
- Slightly sticky, but that's pretty much all I've got

Tips:
- Use a mit!!! Always use a mit
- Work in small sections to make sure the product doesn't dry before it's been rubbed in

on 2/26/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this tan (and I'm not really a fan of tan generally, I prefer a sun bed!) but this stuff is BETTER than St tropez and the expensive brands. I like the lotion or mouse and I always get the dark colour (even though I am fair) it isn't too dark. I apply before bedtime and sleep in it overnight and then shower off in the morning!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have used St Moriz for years it's a gem. I always use the lotion, as the mousse I found too drying especially on my face. The only slight problem I have is it does tend to go green in the bottle after a while so you probably need a new bottle every 3 months I'd say, but by this time I've basically finished the bottle anyway. For 3 quid a bottle not much to complain about.