St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
 St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

3.8

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can honestly say I am a self tanner addict. Been using self tanners for at least 15 years. I've used St. Tropez, Fake bake, Sunlabs, etc. This product is by far one of y favorite. I love how dark it makes me. I will always buy this until I can no longer get my hands on it.

Coming from someone who had lupus and is "light sensitive" and can no longer use tanning booths/beds. This gives you that sun kissed glow without looking orange or streaky.

Price point is nice. Color is dark and looks amazing!

on 3/18/2017 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

*Unfortunately, I cannot compare this with any other tanning product, as the only other tanning products I have used are gradual tanners.*

Price - I'm from the UK, and I personally buy this from Body Care, for £2.99, as until recently, it was one of the few stockists, but it is now widely available online and in many stores, including Tesco! I also buy the mitt from Body Care.

Application - I have been using St. Moriz on and off for many years now, but only in the last few months have I tried the mousse, as I used to use the lotion. Compared to the lotion, the mousse is so much easier to apply, as there is a lot more blending involved with the lotion, which can end up streaky - overall the mousse is just a much more pleasant experience. As with all self-tanners, it is important to exfoliate and shave, and to moisturize the joint and bony areas of the body prior to applying, to ensure an even coverage, to prevent it clinging to dry patches, and from sinking in to fleshy, folded areas. I use a latex glove under the mitt, as the product does seep through the mitt onto the skin. I like to ensure that my pores have closed, and my skin is completely dry before applying, so about 30 mins after showering, I apply the product one layer at a time, on to one body part at a time (i.e. calves, then move on to thighs, then stomach and so on), and when the first layer has been applied to all body parts, I then apply a second layer, using the same technique. I feel that it is important to apply the second layer in a relatively short space of time after the first, as if I was to apply the second layer 1 hour after the first, for example, the product would start to pill. I apply the tan at night, sleep, and then rinse off in the morning, so it is probably on my skin for about 9 hours, even though it recommends 6 hours. I do not think that leaving it on for those extra 3 hours deepens the shade, nor extends the tan life.

Smell - On first instance, and during development, the smell is typical of self-tanners, but not as pungent as gradual tanners, which I truly cannot stand (I loved the colour of the Dove gradual tan, but I stopped using it after first use because the smell made me feel sick) but does disappear after rinsing.

Colour - I have only tried the medium shade, and the colour initially applies quite green/orange, but develops into a more red/golden shade.

Longevity - I shower every day, so I can only get about 2-3 days out of this before it starts to fade.

Overall - I have given this 4 lippies, as I don't get much wear out of it before it starts to fade. I think that the price probably reflects the longevity, and a higher priced fake tan would probably last longer on my skin, but honestly, the price is so good, with a good volume of product, that I am not too bothered about it. It just takes more time out of m life to exfoliate it off and reapply. If you're on a budget (or not), give it a try!

However, I have mixed this with the Garnier Summer Body Gradual Tanner (actually mixing it in the glove then applying to the skin), which makes the St. Moriz last a little bit longer, but does change the undertone from red/golden to a more orange shade. See my review on Garnier Summer Body.

Also, I find the colour infuriating to match to a foundation! I am naturally between a Mac NC15 and NC20. If there was an NC17 shade, I think this would be perfect for me. I have a very naturally yellow undertone, and Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff is the colour I use every day without fake tan. I love Revlon Colorstay, as I have very oily skin, but I cannot find a perfect match for the St. Moriz tan!! And no other foundation that I can be bothered spending money on testing out matches the colour :( If anyone can match this tan to Revlon Colorstay, or a foundation that works as well as Colorstay, please please let me know!!

on 1/31/2016 5:53:00 PM

The fake smell of freshly painted floor- simply cannot take it. For the cheap price you pay quality is indeed good however you cannot apply this without the mitt. People who compare this to St Tropez- you cannot really compare those. St tropez is another level. It smells amazing, i apply this like foundation and don't need special mitt. So if you can pay more- get st tropez but if you are on budget- i guess St Moritz is nr 1 on the market:) it applies pretty smooth, color is on the fine line of being natural and in general you if you can handle the smell- you will like this staff:)

on 9/21/2014 10:31:00 AM

Love love love this. Much cheaper than the St Tropez - they are identical.
Have it in medium and gives a natural looking glow. Not one bit orange.
Also it is not greasy.
:) took me less than 60 seconds to apply to top half of my body.
Great for a first date ;)

on 4/8/2014 2:52:00 PM

Before I get started I had been using these products for a month it was not just one use. I also used really tight fitting gloves for application which is my preferred method I had no problems with streaks at all.

I had bought the self tanner in dark and in the original shade (medium) and I was super stoked at how cheap they were so of course I had to try it when people told me it was better than st tropez (which I still haven't even bothered to try). At first I was really excited when I saw the color in the morning but through out the day I realized while I was indoors the color was on the more orange side. It wasn't all orange but had a weird orange tint to it that wasn't like a natural tan. the color looked amazing outside in natural light though.. Also this will smell like DHA in the morning. Pretty strongly. I personally don't mind because I shower it all off in the morning anyway it's a small small sacrifice guys.

The product barely lasted 3 days and when it started to come off it was scaly looking (I exfoliate before, after, and during my tan to make sure it fades evenly and I also moisturize twice a day) this tan doesn't fade all that well. The better of the two would have to be the medium one it lasts maybe just a day longer and the color isn't as offensive indoors but the color isn't as deep as I want :(

The packaging was terrible! it leaks through the pump pretty badly I had to constantly wipe it down and my counters after application. You have to shake this product really well! even in between pumps. Also, this product will really stick to elbows, knees, etc (i used lotion on these areas before application and right after application I buffed the areas with a towel and it helped)

so overall: for the price the product is not bad at all (i payed $4 on amazon for each) and the product is even better than most. The color wasn't horrific but i'm really searching for something that will look and act like a real tan even for just three days (hopefully more). I'm going to keep looking. I'm not going to repurchase simply because I have two full bottles that are going to be sitting.

I'm so disappointed. I had really high hopes for this self-tanner. I bought it in medium. It just looks like I smeared tea all over my legs... It's hard to describe, as the colour is so weird! It just does not look like a tan. I was really hoping for great results.

on 1/16/2014 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to give this self tanner a go. I'm relatively pale so I opted for the medium version. I started by showering and exfoliating, and moisturising my dry bits of skin (elbows, knees, hands, etc.) then applied the foam from bottom up with a mitt. It was SO easy to apply! The only other fake tan products I've tried have been lotions (dove and garnier) and spray (fake bake 60 min tan) and this was by far the easiest to apply, it literally glided on. I was a bit sceptical whilst putting it on cos it was really dark with sort of orangey tones, but I took the risk and left it anyway and went to sleep. Woke up this morning and there are no stains on the cream bedding so that's a plus. However, I looked in the mirror and my heart raced, I was ridiculously orange, particularly on my hands, elbows, knees and face, despite having moisturised these areas! I rushed to the bathroom and quickly ran myself a bath and starting washing my face, which started to improve ever so slightly. After being in the bath for a while, I got out and discovered the colour was a bit more natural, still quite orange on my hands but not too bad. My face on the other hand, was really quite blotchy, so I put foundation on to even it out and it looks alright. There were parts of my skin that I managed to miss somehow even though the guide colour is really dark, but that's just from my carelessness in trying to apply it quickly. Anyway, in my opinion, this product is seriously good for the price (I got it in boots for £4.99) even if it's not perfect, it's so easy to use and I'll keep using it and hopefully be less careless next time I apply it so I don't have random white patches!

UPDATE: I've had a change of heart, I actually am really liking this product, it's not orangey, that was just the lighting in my room that made me think that! As soon as I looked in a different mirror elsewhere, it just looked naturally tanned :)

on 12/14/2013 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Words can't describe how much I love this product! It dries on the skin very quickly, doesn't stain your clothes and sheets, doesn't have this usual horrible self tanner smell and the most important- doesn't even have a slightest hint of orange, the undertone is olive green, which gives you this really natural golden tan. And you can't beat the price(4€ in Ireland). After reading the reviews I bought the tanner in Dark, I have medium olive skin and the tanner looks very natural on it and not too dark, so I wouldn't recommend to go lighter.

on 10/16/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

*This review is for the medium color, will update when I try the dark color.

I'm gonna keep this simple + short...
PROS:
*dries fast, which is also sort of a con, make sure to moisturize beforehand
*realistic color
*not a horrible scent
*good color payoff, fake bake mousse washed right off
*cheap price for the tanner itself, I think I paid 4.99$
CONS:
*if you don't moisturize before its hard to blend
*shipping from UK is expensive and slow
*if I don't wash my face/moisturize before it can settle into my pores and look dirty
**will DEFINITELY stain palms, wear gloves!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a review of the DARK mousse

Pros:
-dries fast
-bright colour guard
-leaves a nice dark colour after washing off the colour guard

Cons:
-sits horribly on pores , especially on your face
-the colour is patchy from day 1
-fades too quickly, 2 days after application all the tan is gone
-dries out skin
-can get streaky because it dries really fast

I bought this because of all the good reviews I found online combined with the cheap pricetag, but I was disappointed and I would not buy it again.

First off I highly advise you against application on your face: it is too drying; it makes you look like you put mud on your face when you have the colour guard on (believe me,although temporary, this is very depressing) and when you wash it off it leaves your pores (especially on the nose) horribly dark like you've never had a facial in your whole life ( and I don't have oily skin, and my pores had never looked so blatant in my whole life).

It is very patchy on the rest on the body too, as if the mousse had not sank properly all over. This is clearly the product's fault because I scrubbed vigorously before applying and did not moisturize(because they say that moisturizing before application of self tan does not allow the product to sink in properly) and nevertheless the result was not good.

I ended up mixing it with a cheap moisturizing lotion (1/4 of this mousse and 3/4 of lotion) not to dump it directly to the trashcan. I now use this mix sparingly in between proper tanning lotions of other brands, but I look forward to finish this a.s.a.p.

I usually use Xen Tan Deep Bronze Luxe Lotion and this is an awesome product to which I will stick. I've never had any issue with it.

I would not recommend St. Moriz mousse.