St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

Filtered by hair type : Straight
 St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my second self tanner. The first one I used was Million Dollar Tan and that product was a let down. This self tanner is so much better. First off, mousse is better than lotion when it comes to tanning. The lotion is sticky and will build up around creases like your inner elbows and wrists. So since this is a mousse, it's already a plus.

I purchased the DARK formula. First, I exfoliated and did the usual pre-tanning routine in the shower at night. I did not apply moisturizer on my entire body at all afterwards. That will affect how dark your tan turns out. I first got a regular synthetic makeup brush and applied the mousse on my face with it. I also did my neck with the brush. Next I applied moisturizer on my palms, elbows, feet, and ankles. Apply enough to where it sits on your skin and doesn't soak in. I applied 2 pumps on my arms with a mitt. 4 pumps on my legs with a mitt. And 5 pumps on my torso with a mitt. It was incredibly easy to blend. It dried very quickly as well. It was not sticky at all. I went to bed afterwards. When I woke up I did not see any stains on my white sheets. The tan looked very natural on my skin. It wasn't orange at all. There was a slight odor, but not too bad. This is a great product especially for the price it's sold for. My only complaint is that my face looked darker than the rest of my body. It may be because I used a mitt on my body and a brush on my face. I had to apply a second coat on my body the next day to match it up.

This is as good as it gets when it comes to self tanner. I can't imagine finding a better product. I heard girls say that one coat of this isn't enough. Not true. I'm pale and one coat is enough to look like a bronzed goddess. Two coats is daring, but it still looks amazing. Again, it looks very natural. I'm so satisfied with it.

UPDATE: I've had this tan for 4 days now and it still looks beautiful. There are no harsh lines on my hands and feet, like you would see with other self tanners. My mother is naturally tan and my tan looks identical to hers! Remember, I'm very pale. Two coats of the dark formula is enough. I'll probably use the medium formula to gradually add color once it starts to fade.

on 7/14/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Im on my third bottle, and i love this! I have the colour medium for the winter and dark for summer, and I love to have a summer glow all year around. It is very cheap, but the product is great. Just make sure to remove all dead skin and make sure that the moisturizer is completely dry before applying to get the perfect and even result. I am totally addicted to this self tanning mousse.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this self-tan while I was living abroad (knowing fully well the hype over it) and it came in a two full-size bottle (one medium and one dark) pack for 5 euros. Insane deal! You get one bottle of any other tanning mousse in the US anywhere between $6-$12! And now that I'm back in the states, I'm having a hard time finding it online for less than $12 after shipping. But it is worth ordering.

The color is also amazing- it goes on kind of green, which makes it look completely natural when you wash it off! I also use it on my face (which is kind of amusing given the color.) Honestly, I use rubber gloves to apply it. I feel like mitts absorb/waste too much product but I also wouldn't risk putting this one without something covering your hands!

You will definitely only want to wear it to bed. (I don't really get why girls would want to wear a developing tanner out though, anyways, because tanners just smell and rub off on things...) This smell of this particular tanner isn't bad though. You mostly just smell in the morning and it washes away.

It lasts about 3-4 days, which I wouldn't mind if I were buying it at the euro prices but at home it means I save this tanner before special events or use it only for the most visible parts (face and arms) and use another self-tan for everywhere else. Great product though. I recommend it.

on 11/30/2014 5:54:00 PM

Have been using this for 3 years now and I find myself running back to this magic mousse over and over.

I have tried the regular one, the medium mousse and the dark mousse. They are all great, but if you're medium toned before the self tan - buy the dark version. Don't be afraid - you'll look green and weird when you apply it on. This is to helt defeat the orange tones. The trick is to just shower your body and moistruize the morning after (apply it at night for best results - won't stain even white sheets) and this will look amazing. The color will be even and glowy and BROWN - not orange!

Give this a try, it's so cheap it wont hurt the budget if you don't like this!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A lot of people compare this to St Tropez. I love St Tropez but this is a little better in my opinion. It is a mousse but it's a really creamy, moisturizing mousse where as ST is just a wet mousse and dries my skin out. I literally use 1/2 the amount of SM than I use with ST because it's so creamy. Like ST, there is absolutely no orange. SM looks like a milk chocolate going on, dries fast, no smell, as easy as ST is to blend, this is even easier. It's so easy to work with, lasts several days just like ST but I I like the color of SM better than ST... and the price is fantastic.

I'm so disappointed. I had really high hopes for this self-tanner. I bought it in medium. It just looks like I smeared tea all over my legs... It's hard to describe, as the colour is so weird! It just does not look like a tan. I was really hoping for great results.

This fake tanner is hit and miss for me, sometimes ill have a lovely tan and other times I don't know what went wrong because I do the same application every time but seem to look horrid :/ despite this I will keep repurchasing because the price is fantastic! I have endless lotions as self tanning wipes that leave me orange and streaky I give up with them but even when I do make a bodge job with the st moriz a quick shower and a good scrub and it seems to even out and fade the mistakes, I've seen people complain about the pump leaking but as of yet I haven't had any problems with that, oh and I don't find the smell offensive either its very mild I kind of like it but then my moisturiser may mask it a little.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this tanner, as a tanning noob the fact I got a perfect result the first time speaks volumes I think! Even better when you consider the price is so good. I paid about $13 on ebay for it I think. I got it in medium and one 'coat' is enough for normal everyday not wanting to be pasty, but if I have an event I do two applications a couple of days apart in the lead up and it's perfect. Unless you have extremely pale skin I would say get the medium because the first application really isn't medium in my opinion, just a light tan, so I don't know if the light one would do much at all.

Goes on easy although you do need to make sure you rub in circular motions and blend it in well. Best used with a tanning mitt. Not orange at all. Definitely a good dupe for St Tropez for those on a budget! I will most likely repurchase.

on 9/24/2013 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to love this fake tan and you can not say it isn't value for money, but as i have been fake tanning for a year now i have tried a variety of different brands and is no match for the majority of fake tan out there. The negatives to St Moriz are: the colour is more orangey than other tans, it's drying on the skin, it does not fade very well and soon becomes patchy on your inner arm and the ingredient are not great either. I strongly recommend you look at Vita Liberata mousse, it is quite expensive but it really is a high quality product!

on 8/20/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Was excited to use this as its been named the dupe for St. Tropez.
It's easy to apply but i found the medium actually looked quite dark on me.
Looked a little dodgy in areas like around my armpits, despite intense exfoliating and moisturising.
Worst problem: it will run and become streaky in the rain! And if you get drink spilled on you at a party you're screwed!
Stick to Sally Hansen Airbrush Lotion (water resistant) for a flawless tan that wont run and leave you embarrassed.