St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
 St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

4.3

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff. I've been looking for a product that would give me that ultra-dark, borderline unnatural tan you see on WAGS or "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding." This product will give you that effect.

I used this in Dark. It goes on with a slightly greenish tone, as another reviewer mentioned, but it washes off. The product doesn't smell bad, and it hasn't given me an asthma attack like Ulta's spray tan, so we're winning thus far.

Make sure you follow the directions and exfoliate and moisturize before using -- i personallly slather my feet in baby oil, and wear old socks for an hour prior to applying. If it gets on your palms, make sure you wash it off right away.

The color this gives me wears evenly, and is really sexy. It's instantly slimming. This is the best product I've used, especially for the money, and I've been self-tanning since 2003 (St. Tropez). I noticed a few reviewers mentioned getting this shipped from the UK -- it is available Stateside at Ulta (at least in CA).

on 4/8/2014 2:52:00 PM

Before I get started I had been using these products for a month it was not just one use. I also used really tight fitting gloves for application which is my preferred method I had no problems with streaks at all.

I had bought the self tanner in dark and in the original shade (medium) and I was super stoked at how cheap they were so of course I had to try it when people told me it was better than st tropez (which I still haven't even bothered to try). At first I was really excited when I saw the color in the morning but through out the day I realized while I was indoors the color was on the more orange side. It wasn't all orange but had a weird orange tint to it that wasn't like a natural tan. the color looked amazing outside in natural light though.. Also this will smell like DHA in the morning. Pretty strongly. I personally don't mind because I shower it all off in the morning anyway it's a small small sacrifice guys.

The product barely lasted 3 days and when it started to come off it was scaly looking (I exfoliate before, after, and during my tan to make sure it fades evenly and I also moisturize twice a day) this tan doesn't fade all that well. The better of the two would have to be the medium one it lasts maybe just a day longer and the color isn't as offensive indoors but the color isn't as deep as I want :(

The packaging was terrible! it leaks through the pump pretty badly I had to constantly wipe it down and my counters after application. You have to shake this product really well! even in between pumps. Also, this product will really stick to elbows, knees, etc (i used lotion on these areas before application and right after application I buffed the areas with a towel and it helped)

so overall: for the price the product is not bad at all (i payed $4 on amazon for each) and the product is even better than most. The color wasn't horrific but i'm really searching for something that will look and act like a real tan even for just three days (hopefully more). I'm going to keep looking. I'm not going to repurchase simply because I have two full bottles that are going to be sitting.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff. I have very pale Asian skin. I crave a healthy glow to my skin but as a girl who can't tan that's hard to achieve. I used to use some gradual self tanning lotion.. Those sucked. It's bad enough you can't see where you've applied them and you end up all splotchy but the scent could be whiffed from a mile away. St moriz gives a beautiful golden brown color and doesn't have a strong horrendous scent. I have this in medium and one application is enough to give me a natural glow. I literally used this all summer. Nobody can tell its fake!
So how I apply this is I moisturize my skin with cetaphil lotion first. You want to be moisturized or it will cling to dry patches and look patchy and scaley. Then you can let your moisturizer sink in a bit, I find you don't really have to though. And then I apply with a tanning mitt. This makes a huge difference. Save yourself the headache in trying to blend without the mitt. It will take ages. Get a mitt. It's like $5 and makes all the difference.
I have worn this during the day and it looked just fine and didn't rub off. I have tried other more expensive brands and products but this is by far the best one I have tried. I've already bought backups!

So impressed with this product. I hadn't fake tanned in years (used to use Boots' soltan mousse) so was a bit nervous I would muck up, but saw the glowing reviews and hey - it's only £2.99 so worth a go. Really happy with the outcome! Used a mitt and still managed to get some on my palms so would recomend using latex gloves underneath, but it did wash off leaving no marks. Was able to apply the tan smoothly and easily, and it dried within an hour. I rinsed off the indicator in the morning and was left with a lovely shade of brown. A couple of streaks on my feet but I'm rubbish when it comes to that area anyway. I decided I wanted my legs a bit darker so i applied another layer & just didnt rinse off the indicator there. Lovely product & definitely would buy again..... BARGAIN

on 7/1/2013 1:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Shake and apply. Had a greenish tint when applying. But turned out golden brown and compared to other self tanners this dries fast and goes on smoother. I'm using dark and have pretty light skin- one application and I can wear shorts without feeling ghostly. Nice and golden. So far one if my fav tanners, and I've tried a bunch.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this tanner! I am quite a pale asian (nc15-20) naturally, can't tan so I am quite self conscious of my pale body. I have tried many other tanners in the past, dove, numerous garniers, and numerous others. However, this one never fails me. It is very easy to apply (wear gloves and use a bed sock) and feels like butter on the skin. The colour is a Very natural olive brown, depending on how much ou layer. (i have mine in dark) For the price of 8 AUD on feel unique, I will be purchasing it again and again.

on 10/16/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

*This review is for the medium color, will update when I try the dark color.

I'm gonna keep this simple + short...
PROS:
*dries fast, which is also sort of a con, make sure to moisturize beforehand
*realistic color
*not a horrible scent
*good color payoff, fake bake mousse washed right off
*cheap price for the tanner itself, I think I paid 4.99$
CONS:
*if you don't moisturize before its hard to blend
*shipping from UK is expensive and slow
*if I don't wash my face/moisturize before it can settle into my pores and look dirty
**will DEFINITELY stain palms, wear gloves!!

I bought this product cuz I heard it was good and also it's dirt cheap here in the UK, especially if you get it in like SemiChem or Savers. I'm glad I read the reviews here telling me that it has an indicator colour that you can then wash off the morning after applying to leave your fake tan colour, because the indicator can look really orange! So it's just an indicator don't panic! Besides that, as a product I love this stuff. You just pull on your gloves, slap it on, rub it in till the indicator looks nice, wash the indicator off the next morning and tada!! Really natural colour that is never streaky and I personally get streaks from all fake tanners. I use it cuz it is so easy and for fake tan quite quick. I honestly think you need it every day to get a proper tan, otherwise it's just a bit of colour....and I'm really fair but still bought the medium to dark cuz my real tan is quite dark and still need to use it every day. But be in a bathroom that you can wipe down, it goes EVERYWHERE and stains. But overall, I think it's really good for being so cheap :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use medium, might try dark when I run out. Well, I've tried so many fake tans and the results were always orange, patchy, quick fading.. not st moriz! nice golden brown colour, not too dark, a nice glow. Long lasting, I shave pretty much every other day and apply bha to my legs every other day, I apply the tan maybe 3 times a week. My method is shower, exfoliate, moisturise, shave the works. Next day, moisturise knees and elbows NOWHERE ELSE, and apply tan to clean skin. Leave for at least 6 hours. Shower. Sometimes I shave after applying but it takes to my skin really well because it's applied on "naked" clean skin! Love it

on 8/16/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Normally where self-tan is concerned I am a retard. I bought this as it was 2.99 in Savers, and WOW! It smells clean rather than self-tanny (?!) and it is a smooth tinted mousse. I use it at night after I have scrubbed and shaved, and in the morning I have a healthy, natural looking tan.

I have recommended it to friends who are St. Tropes gals and they love it too! Seriously, give it a go, at the price it is you have nothing to lose!