St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

Filtered by skin type : Other
 St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

3.2

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 4/8/2013 9:55:00 PM

I have been using SunLabs Tanning lotion for a few years and LOVE it. It is pricey (averaging $23 a bottle) so I've been looking for alternatives. I ordered this product with really high hopes after reading all the raving reviews on several different websites. I thought I'd give St.Moriz a shot because its so cheap.. But I am regretting that decision! If i've learned one thing it is that some things are worth the money!
I would consider myself very skilled at the application of self tanners. I ordered the mitt to go with the mousse which DID make it easier. However the next day when i woke up, I still had so many blotchy areas on my legs, I had to wear pants. It was terrible. I cant imagine what this tan would look like if someone didn't use the mit. Furthermore, the next night when I took a shower I suds up like normal,(did not exfoliate) and when I got out of the shower, my tan WAS GONE. 99% had washed off. I was left with patches of slightly tanner skin. I couldn't believe it.
It takes time too apply it evenly, takes time to develop, and then washes off right away.
Very disappointed. I will try my luck with the St.Moriz Lotion instead of the Mousse. Unfortunately I would not recommend this to a friend.

Overall

PROS:
You can see where you're applying it

CONS:
Not blend-able.
Clings to knuckles and other joints more than normal.
Is drying.
Washes right off in the shower.
Would only look decent if applied with a mitt.
Dries too fast to work with.
Is rather "orange" on tops of feet and wrists.

This review is for the instant self-tan lotion:

I have been using self-tanner weekly for about 10 years, so I have tried a lot of products. When I bought this I had been using Faux Tan with the buffing brush and was very happy with it.

But when I saw this at the reject shop for $6 AUD I thought I'd try it. I had been looking for this in Australia for ages, but with shipping costs it just wasn't cheap anymore.

I didn't have high hopes for this product but it really is amazing. I prefer it to St Tropez, Faux Tan and Modelco. It is really easy to apply, has a good colour tracer that looks even and wearable outside (unlike Faux Tan) and dries so quickly. The best thing about this product is that when its on, you don't get that sticky/tacky feeling on the skin. Its so light that you could wear it all day without noticing.

The colour is much darker than Faux Tan but its really natural looking and not orange at all. I put a few coats on and was surprised at how dark it was- I would use it sparingly. I applied it with the buffer brush and the application was fairly even. I think this is harder to use than Faux Tan, it seems to streak slightly more but would be fine if you were careful with the application.

My only criticism is that the next day it was slightly splotchy and lighter in certain places, and doesn't seem to last or wear as well as Faux Tan. Still for a tenth of the price of Faux Tan and virtually the same end colour, and much less sticky on the skin- can't go wrong! Also the smell is virtually non-existent. I didn't get that fake tan smell at all! Couldn't be happier with this product, just hope the Reject Shop keep stocking it!

I loved this at first, good colour, dark on one application, minimal smell,can use it on your face.. however after a few months of using it i'm left patchy and fading after a few days, my skin has become really dry and it clings to any dry skin you have which is never good. I would purchase again if i was lacking in the fund department as this is a cheap back-up but I'm back on the hunt for a HG tanner!

I love this tanning mousse, easy to apply, no streaking.
However it is best to use disposable gloves when applying.
About CI 16035, it is not banned in the US. In some countries in Europe it is banned as a food colorant and not as a cosmetics colorant. It could be that CI 16035 has risk when taken orally, however the tanning mousse is not supposed to be taken orally and therefore not a problem I think. I also looked it up in the Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database.

on 4/7/2010 2:48:00 PM

the tan applies very well to the skin and drys very qucikly! the only thign that concerns me is one of the ingrediants which i would like someone to tell me more about and that is the c1 16035 ( red40)

looking on the internet it has many health issues one being cancer.My concern is whether this means skin cancer!