St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

4.1

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

I got this from TJ Maxx for $5.99 after reviews from lollipop26 on youtube. I have to say that I am in love with this product. it gives a very natural result, a golden glow that looks beautiful and real. The application process was also very easy so I give this product 5 stars!
I'll be repurchasing since I couldn't find them anywhere else besides TJ Maxx & Marshalls.

on 8/15/2009 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

After reading reviews for this product and watching reviews on youtube, I decided to order this from a UK online beauty store. I really wanted to love this product. I liked the application and it did not turn out streaky. The color was natural and nice and the product only had a faint smell, but, it was not dark enough. I am sticking with Sun Labs products, they smell worse, but give a much darker color that is just as natural if not more so.

on 8/16/2009 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, I'll just start out by saying that I LOVE St. Tropez whipped mousse. I was really excited when I heard that St. Moriz was a comparable, cheaper version of the St. Tropez. So after looking it up online and not being able to find it anywhere in the U.S. I went looking for it at TJ Maxx and, lucky me, I got the last bottle.

This definitely has a stronger smell than St. Tropez but nothing unbearable. Overall, I'd say it gives about the same coverage as St. Tropez. While I like the St Tropez, I hate that it costs so much so St. Moriz is definitely something I would buy again. I like that it applies really well and doesn't leave streaks...SO much better than any drugstore product. And it's even cheaper than some drugstore tanners! I think I got it for about $6.00. I think the bottle will last a while too. Only problem I have (sa,e problem I have with Tropez) is that I have to put it on before I go to bed because of the tint and the tint gets allll over my sheets and stains them.

on 8/23/2009 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: I still love this (and it's still a 5-lippy product in my opinion), but it did break me out terribly when I used it on my face - very painful spots on my chin that I couldn't get rid of for ages. Now that I've realised what was causing it I've stopped using it and they've gone away. However, I am very acne-prone in that area, so if you have normal-dry skin this might not affect you at all.

I have used St Tropez for years (see my review for details of how I apply it etc.) and, having tried various other drugstore self tanners, honestly thought it was worth spending a ridiculous amount of money on. Until I found St Moriz. It is 2.99, cheaper than any other fake tan I've used, and it is the only one that compares to St Tropez (which retails at a shocking 30 for a large bottle). The colour and finish of this product is identical to St Tropez in every way - a lovely even brown (not orange) colour that looks pretty natural but can be built up for a stronger colour. It's tinted, so really easy to apply.

In fact, the only difference I've found between St Moriz and St Tropez is that St Moriz dries faster. My application method with St Tropez was to apply a layer all over my body, then go back to the first place I applied it and start blending it, since at this stage it was 'tacky', and it stayed tacky and smudgy for about an hour after application. The St Moriz is completely, properly dry by the time I have applied a layer all over, so I have to blend it in on my legs before I've started on my arms, for example, but I can get dressed immediately after application - no stickiness or anything. Also, St Moriz has a more 'soapy' smell, while St Tropez smells more 'floral'. Both still have a lingering biscuity smell, but the smell only lasts until you shower.

The first time I used this, I applied St Tropez on my arms and face, and St Moriz everywhere else, and there was literally no difference in the colour or lasting power - both last nicely for about 5 days with frequent moisturising. I would highly recommend this if you want an easy-to-apply, natural looking fake tan. For 2.99 you have nothing to lose!

I got this from T J Hughes in Newcastle - they have absolutely loads of it there (I haven't seen it in T K Maxx, which is where a lot of people seem to have found it).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG self tanner it's AMAZING it's the first tanning product that DOESN'T smell like tanning product big thumb up for that ! it's a delicious tinted mousse wich is very easy to blend heavenly...the bottle contains lots of product...and the price is UNBEATABLE....I am in LoVe

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I saw this at TJ Maxx for $5.99 so I decided to give it a try. I've had it for a little over a month and this has become a product I swear by. My holy grail of self tanners are SUN labs and St. Tropez.. this is extremely similar. The foam is a deep brown. It looks very glowy.. but there's not really any shimmer once applied. Once applied to your skin, you instantly have a dark golden brown tan. I love the fact that this stuff doesn't make you look like a mud monster. When I put this on my face and neck, I can actually go out and run errands without looking like a freak. haha! I typically apply this at night and by the morning, I have a really realistic looking tan. NO ORANGE what so ever. It actually looks like I naturally have an olive skin tone. I bought a couple back ups of this because I know TJ Maxx won't have it in stock forever.. It's really a great product. If you have access to this product, GIVE IT A TRY. You won't be disappointed.

on 9/14/2009 6:22:00 PM

I bought this today from semi-chem for 3.99. I heard it was 2.99 but it depends if an offer is on. There was only 2 bottles left so i bought them seeing as the reviews were so good.
I'm very fair skinned and don't use tan that often because i've wasted so much money on tanners that turn me orange or way to dark.
I've never used a moose before so i started applying it with a mit but i found the mit soaked it up to much so i used my hands instead. they turned brown but when i went for a shower and gave them a scrub it came right off.
i applied the tan all over but i look like i had been rolling about in mud. i wouldn't be able to go out after applying this because i looked so ridiculous so next time i would probably do it before bed or in the morning.
the moose dries very quciky so you need to blend it well when you apply it.
the smell is a little icky but doesn't smell of much. much better than most self tanners!
it says wait 4 to 6 hours but i had to go out in 2 so i left it on for an hour and a half and went for a shower and when i came out it looked like no tan was left on me at all and it had made no difference but after 3 hours i had a lovely glow! i didn't rub my skin at all. i just let the residue wash off. i'm so happy because i don't mind tan coming out dark but me being so pale i'll look stupid if i come out looking brown one day! so this is just a very light tan but i love it. it looks so natural and it's not orange at all. i never tan, just burn so seeing myself with a natural looking tan feels great! :)
it doesn't streak even though when i applied it there was patches that were a little darker than others but it evens out when you go for a shower.

such a good buy and is the best tan i have tried ever and saved me a lot of money!

on 11/5/2009 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I came across this because this is all the rage right now in England. Theres so many reviews on youtube and different beauty blogs. So, of course I purchased this off of ebay for 10 Canadian dollars including shipping. I will have to look for it next time I'm in the states at TJ MAXX. Lets start off with the smell, the smell of this is not offensive but its definitely there. It sort of smells like soap to me. Like clean smelling soap. The smell of this gets softer once applied to the skin. I used latex gloves to apply this, but in the reviews/videos I have watched people say its better just to use your hands because it applies better. I'm scared my hands will turn brown and be stained. I apply the one full pump on my lower leg and upper thigh and spread it around. I follow this pattern all over my body. I find if you loseley spread it around wait 10 seconds then rub it in its an easier application. Everyone has there way of applying self tanner though. I put two layers of this on one after the other letting it dry in between applications. This gives me a beautiful deep bronze color. Two applications of this gives me a dark coconut color. I would say its almost as dark as my Sun Laboratories Dark Sunsation Lotion. The Sun Laboratories is the darkest self tanner I have used and its also more money though.This also dries extremely quick. It did streak a tiny bit on my arms but thats maybe because this is the first time using this self tanner. I can't really compare this to St.Tropez because I have never used it before. People do says its the exact same just St.Moriz is cheaper! I didn't apply this to my face just because I have very acne prone skin and this doesn't claim not to clog pores and my face is very acne prone. This is a great self tanner and I can see why everyone is loving this on the you tube channels and blogs. I will see how this will wear off in the next few days and update!

Update: This gives such a beautiful brown color. It looks so real. No one would ever know this color came from a bottle! It has been a three days and my color is still going strong!

on 11/13/2009 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gives me a natural, buildable, streak-free tan. I love St. Moriz! It also doesn't have that "self-tanner" smell. I love putting this on my face before foundation and it really evens out my skin tone and makes me look flawless! For the price and quality you can't beat it! I hear it's comparable to St. Tropez as well (which is much more expensive). Definitely give this a try!

on 11/14/2009 3:27:00 AM

I purchased this last summer at Winners for $6CAD, what a steal eh? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this at Winners (of all places) and it was soooo CHEAP. Immediately grabbed the last 2 bottles and wore it all through summer. Love love love this product. With one application it's instant tan for one full week. It's such a natural tan on the body, but I have yet to try it on my face. I've just seen a youtube tutorial on how to apply this all over the body and face so I'm excited to give that a try too. This is my favourite all time self tanner next to L'oreal Sublime Glow. St. Moriz has the upperhand for its INSTANT natural tan.