St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

Filtered by age: 19-24
 St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse
St. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner MousseSt. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

4.1

Aqua (Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfun (Fragrance), Citric Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Eugenol, CI 16035 (Red40), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

The price is great and the package is fine. I bought this product after all the rave because it's supposedly the best budget fake tanner out there. It did very little for me. I'm very, very fair skinned. The medium left a slight orange tint which was gone after 2 days. Then I tried two layers of the dark one, again did very little. I got slightly darker but it looked like very naturally light, untanned skin. Again it was gone in 2 days, expect on my feet where I hadn't moisturized well. Fortunately this one wasn't orangey. Anyway it did so little for me I won't be buying this again.

on 3/18/2017 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

*Unfortunately, I cannot compare this with any other tanning product, as the only other tanning products I have used are gradual tanners.*

Price - I'm from the UK, and I personally buy this from Body Care, for £2.99, as until recently, it was one of the few stockists, but it is now widely available online and in many stores, including Tesco! I also buy the mitt from Body Care.

Application - I have been using St. Moriz on and off for many years now, but only in the last few months have I tried the mousse, as I used to use the lotion. Compared to the lotion, the mousse is so much easier to apply, as there is a lot more blending involved with the lotion, which can end up streaky - overall the mousse is just a much more pleasant experience. As with all self-tanners, it is important to exfoliate and shave, and to moisturize the joint and bony areas of the body prior to applying, to ensure an even coverage, to prevent it clinging to dry patches, and from sinking in to fleshy, folded areas. I use a latex glove under the mitt, as the product does seep through the mitt onto the skin. I like to ensure that my pores have closed, and my skin is completely dry before applying, so about 30 mins after showering, I apply the product one layer at a time, on to one body part at a time (i.e. calves, then move on to thighs, then stomach and so on), and when the first layer has been applied to all body parts, I then apply a second layer, using the same technique. I feel that it is important to apply the second layer in a relatively short space of time after the first, as if I was to apply the second layer 1 hour after the first, for example, the product would start to pill. I apply the tan at night, sleep, and then rinse off in the morning, so it is probably on my skin for about 9 hours, even though it recommends 6 hours. I do not think that leaving it on for those extra 3 hours deepens the shade, nor extends the tan life.

Smell - On first instance, and during development, the smell is typical of self-tanners, but not as pungent as gradual tanners, which I truly cannot stand (I loved the colour of the Dove gradual tan, but I stopped using it after first use because the smell made me feel sick) but does disappear after rinsing.

Colour - I have only tried the medium shade, and the colour initially applies quite green/orange, but develops into a more red/golden shade.

Longevity - I shower every day, so I can only get about 2-3 days out of this before it starts to fade.

Overall - I have given this 4 lippies, as I don't get much wear out of it before it starts to fade. I think that the price probably reflects the longevity, and a higher priced fake tan would probably last longer on my skin, but honestly, the price is so good, with a good volume of product, that I am not too bothered about it. It just takes more time out of m life to exfoliate it off and reapply. If you're on a budget (or not), give it a try!

However, I have mixed this with the Garnier Summer Body Gradual Tanner (actually mixing it in the glove then applying to the skin), which makes the St. Moriz last a little bit longer, but does change the undertone from red/golden to a more orange shade. See my review on Garnier Summer Body.

Also, I find the colour infuriating to match to a foundation! I am naturally between a Mac NC15 and NC20. If there was an NC17 shade, I think this would be perfect for me. I have a very naturally yellow undertone, and Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff is the colour I use every day without fake tan. I love Revlon Colorstay, as I have very oily skin, but I cannot find a perfect match for the St. Moriz tan!! And no other foundation that I can be bothered spending money on testing out matches the colour :( If anyone can match this tan to Revlon Colorstay, or a foundation that works as well as Colorstay, please please let me know!!

on 10/12/2016 10:01:00 AM

I have used this for a month now and I don't see how anyone could not love this product. 1. I love the tan this gives me, very natural looking. 2. The smell doesn't bother me. I can see how it would bother someone, but for me it wasn't so bad. 3. It does not fade blotchy or spotty. I think it fades great. 4. The price and packaging is perfectly fine and I see no problems with either. I will continue purchasing!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After many years of trying out every different type of tanners on the market, mousses, creams, gels, sprays, tinted moisturisers this is by far the best one ever!

First off the price is fantastic! In the Netherlands its about €7,50 (about $8,50USD)

I decided on the darkest colour in the mousse form. I wouldn't say I'm very tanned naturally but also not extremely white. Somewhere in between... The colour is a very natural brown and doesnt turn out orange at all. The guide colour has almost a green tinge to it which counteracts the orange. After about 4 hours you have to shower to remove the guide colour which will make you slightly lighter than what the original application colour was, but its ever so slightly that i don't really notice it.

For me the biggest positive of this tanner is that it fades naturally. With other tanners i always got weird white patches where the dead skin would scrub off and leave me patchy after about 5 days. This just fades naturally without becoming patchy. I also love that you can apply it easily without it drying to quickly and becoming streaky.

All in all i havent really got anything negative to say about this product other than i wish it would stay a bit longer than about 6-7 days. OH! And the bottle lasts forever! I get about 10 applications from it! I remember a while ago i bought an expensive australian brand mousse and it lasted me only 2 applications! This is so worth your money!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this self-tan while I was living abroad (knowing fully well the hype over it) and it came in a two full-size bottle (one medium and one dark) pack for 5 euros. Insane deal! You get one bottle of any other tanning mousse in the US anywhere between $6-$12! And now that I'm back in the states, I'm having a hard time finding it online for less than $12 after shipping. But it is worth ordering.

The color is also amazing- it goes on kind of green, which makes it look completely natural when you wash it off! I also use it on my face (which is kind of amusing given the color.) Honestly, I use rubber gloves to apply it. I feel like mitts absorb/waste too much product but I also wouldn't risk putting this one without something covering your hands!

You will definitely only want to wear it to bed. (I don't really get why girls would want to wear a developing tanner out though, anyways, because tanners just smell and rub off on things...) This smell of this particular tanner isn't bad though. You mostly just smell in the morning and it washes away.

It lasts about 3-4 days, which I wouldn't mind if I were buying it at the euro prices but at home it means I save this tanner before special events or use it only for the most visible parts (face and arms) and use another self-tan for everywhere else. Great product though. I recommend it.

on 7/6/2016 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The short review of this product is: it's great for the price, but if you can afford higher end tanners, stick with those.

Now for the details. The good: I am extremely cool-toned, so when I use fake tanners with a hint of orange in them it looks very unnatural. This tanner has a beautiful olive tint- when it comes out of the bottle it is dark green and develops to a natural, deep olive. It is also the cheapest foam tanner I have found on the market. I have a lot of cream/lotion tanners that I enjoy, but foam is by far the quickest and easiest to apply without being streaky. You get a ton of product as well. The foam dries quickly and doesn't stay sticky, and once it develops the color doesn't just wash off with a shower. It also has almost no smell.

The bad: This tan does not last long at all. I can get about 3-4 days before it looks patchy. It's nice that the bottle comes with so much product because you need to reapply this often. When applying, the foam dries extremely quickly- when drying, it maintains a slightly rubbery texture that makes it hard to get on completely evenly. Because of this, it takes a lot of practice to get this tanner to be completely even. It also leaves a green color to your skin before the tan develops, so I would only use this at night.

Because of the cost, I will continue to buy this because I just can't afford $50 for a similar product. It's good enough to keep using, but just be aware of the negatives and decide if the cost difference is worth it.

on 9/28/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go-to self tanner. Ulta carries this for $12.99 and I repurchase every single time. I used to go to the tanning beds a lot but as I get older I've been trying to find alternatives so I don't do anything that prematurely ages me or puts my body at risk. When I first bought this, I bought it in medium because I'm very fair. I now have repurchased this multiple times but now I get it in dark because medium only gives me a hint of color and dark makes me noticeably darker but still fairly light compared to some fake tanners. I purchased it with Ulta's tanning mit and I have to say the application of this mousse was smooth and streak free. This formula blended so easily and the color guard makes it easy to see if you missed a spot. I wear big clothes over it and although it doesn't stain my sheets or feel too sticky, I rather be safe than sorry. It does have a smell, not a good one but also not a bad one. I go to sleep and when i wake up I can tell I'm quite dark so I shower and gently wash the color guard off and I'm not as dark as before but everything looks natural and blended.

And I think that's my only "complaint" about this self tanner is that I wish they made one in extreme dark. But otherwise each shade gives a beautiful natural tan, it doesn't pull to orange or look fake at all. It fades within 4-5 days on me and it always fades evenly. However, I wished it lasted a little longer and was a tad darker - but for the price you absolutely cannot beat it!

on 5/1/2015 1:17:00 PM

I love product so much,

I use fake tan alot and i have tried a lot of different fake tans but this is my favorite.

It goes on nicely, The guide colour is very similar to the colour you are left with when it has been washed off, and sometimes the guide colour does look patchy or darker in places but when it has been washed off its not patchy at all.

Its so cheap too and a bottle will last me at least 4/5 full body applications,

It is slightly sticky for about an hour after application, But other than that i dont think i could fault it

I've been on MUA for years, but haven't actually written a review until now... however, I love this product so much that I just couldn't resist.

I would call myself a bit of a newbie when it comes to self-tanning, so St. Moriz in dark is only the third self-tanner I've ever tried (after Jergens, which took forever to show any color, and Banana Boat Deep Dark Color, which was just O.K). I am so impressed.

Pros:
- Color is not orange, but a natural tan, somewhere between olive and golden
- Scent is not horrible - there is a bit of a DHA smell, but it is still pleasant
- PRICE is amazing. I bought it for 12 dollars at ULTA in the U.S., but am now seeing that people have found it for cheaper online
- Bottle lasts a long time
- Color is dark enough to be noticed, but not dark enough to look fake. A second coat could be added for an extra oomph!
- Color fades evenly (at least on me) in about 4-6 days
- Doesn't stain sheets

Cons:
- Slightly sticky, but that's pretty much all I've got

Tips:
- Use a mit!!! Always use a mit
- Work in small sections to make sure the product doesn't dry before it's been rubbed in

on 2/26/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this tan (and I'm not really a fan of tan generally, I prefer a sun bed!) but this stuff is BETTER than St tropez and the expensive brands. I like the lotion or mouse and I always get the dark colour (even though I am fair) it isn't too dark. I apply before bedtime and sleep in it overnight and then shower off in the morning!