no images

price range

Reviews

1.0

5 years ago

My Nordstrom beauty rep recommended I try this when my skin broke out in rashes from the chlorine content (I recently moved from Singapore to LA). I was sort of sceptical at the beginning but the ingredient list looked great and i'm changing out most of my products to try and reduce the number of chemicals I'm applying to my face and body in general. Application: This goes on smooth, slightly creamy but dries very quickly. Now note that I applied this at 7 in the morning without any real closeups with the mirror to see if everything was okay and when I left the house it looked fine. Color Tint: This tint is pretty off putting - I'm by no means dark but it make me look like a ghost and clung to the areas where my skin had flaked from the cold - highlighting it even more so. It's most suitable for very lightskinned or pale ladies with perfect skin. Zero to no coverage (which is not an issue for me) but if you're looking for a BB effect this is not going to be nearly enough coverage. Texture after four hours: Pilling. Lots of it, under my eyes, around my mouth, you get the picture. It was, in short, not pretty. It also cannot be reapplied (I'm quite fanatic about this) - reapplying it just makes the pilling even worse! I'm tempted to keep on trying this for a few more days but common sense tells me that it's not going to give me the dewiness that I'm used to. It's best suited for the pale and oily skinned!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

EyesOther

1.0

7 years ago

I figured this product would only have limited appeal (super pale people with oily skin), but I guess the reviews here show otherwise. I didn't realize this was tinted until I went to use it for the first time. Usually one-size-fits-all tinted products are too dark for my N20ish skin, but this is way too light, resulting in a ghostly, white mask effect. It's also mattifying (not my preferred finish) and very drying, making it both unflattering on my skin and uncomfortable to wear. The mousse-like consistency comes out in little balls that are hard to apply to the skin evenly, so on top of everything else, it looks patchy and uneven. Miserable stuff in my opinion, but apparently this just proves that one woman's trash is another woman's treasure :)

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesOther

7 years ago

lightweight, non-greasy, SPF 40. i've been looking for a high-SPF moisturizer that will not irritate my oily, acne-prone skin and this is perfect on me. the tint is sheer and doesn't cover the blemish but you can apply your foundation on top. feels very light on the skin. will definitely buy again.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

2.0

7 years ago

I got this together with Elta MD UV Physical, they both are tinted, have zinc and titanium and all in are kinda similar. I wanted to know which one performs better. Elta wins, hands down. I had high hopes for Arcona, because it had slightly better ingredient list, but under real life conditions Arcona disappointed me. It's like a bad foundation on skin, even though the texture is light and airy, it looks mask like on skin, weirdly matte and flat foundation. Settles everywhere and by god if you have any dry-ish spots - it sticks there and makes them look horrible. Doesn't feel comfortable on skin, I felt it all the time and couldn't wait to wash it off (really easily removable, btw). Lasting power is miserable as well, it fades off very soon (but we are supposed to reapply every 2 h, right). Tint is a bit unnatural as well, I have a bit yellow undertones most times and I though Arcona would fit perfectly (compared to Elta's neutral tint), but it made me look like blind makeup artists victim. Shame. Can't comment on whether Reozone is as good at protecting skin as Elta since Reozne was unsuitable for me to wear it for longer than a couple days in a row.

About reviewer (250 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I am reviewing a sample size I received in a gift with purchase from beauty.com. I love this stuff. I was shocked when I opened the tube and saw that it was tinted because I have fair skin and most tinted products look like sludge on my skin. Not to shy away from trying something new, I gave it a shot. The color evened out my skintone without looking muddy at all! I normally wear 'light' in Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. I am a true neutral beige. I am not the fairest of skin tones, but not medium-toned either. This made my skin look great. I haven't worn it under foundation yet, but did wear it when out jogging. It evened out the look of my skin and didn't feel heavy at all. Very lightweight and I am going to try it under foundation soon. The texture reminds me of a high-end primer. Very high-quality product and I will likely purchase it as I've become quite the stickler for sunscreen and this looks so great on.

About reviewer (138 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

7 years ago

All zinc and tit. dioxide--the healthier sunblock choices--yet it doesn't leave a white cast. It has a heavenly mousse-like texture and blends in smoothly. The price is not bad at all compared to other sunscreen priced here in Canada, but this one is clearly better than average quality. Love this brand! I don't like that it's in mousse form. I'd prefer smooth so it's easier and quicker to apply. I think this has been making my dry patches more noticeable, because I've used maybe 10 different foundations over this and each one looks awfully cakey and like my skin is peeling off everywhere, especially my T-zone. Going to switch to Devita spf 30 moisturizing sunblock, formulated with zinc as sunscreen only, hopefully it will not aggravate dry patch areas so much.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I love this sunscreen. I'm usually really picky with sunblock because I prefer natural brands with physical blockers, but the problem with a lot of physical sunscreens is that they tend to make me look pastier than I really am. This has a light tint in it, so it actually makes me look livelier, and it's dark enough to cover minor imperfections so extra makeup isn't necessary. There isn't a scent I can detect, and once you apply it, it basically stays on all day. The only drawback is that it's a bit difficult to take off, and there's a weird chalky feeling left on my skin after I apply it.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesHazel

8 years ago

This is such a great sunscreen. It has a very lightweight texture and is tinted. It took me a little while to get used to it, as it is somewhat drying when worn alone. I've read that you aren't supposed to mix sunscreen with foundation but I do it anyways. I started mixing the Arcona sunscreen with Illuminaire foundation (which also has an SPF of 20). I have to go a shade darker than normal with the foundation because the two mixed together is kind of light. But wow, what a wonderful mixture! Beautiful finish and the sunscreen, since it has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, controls the oilies. The Arcona sunscreen is physical, which is supposed to protect better and last longer than the chemical sunscreens. Great product!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

from

8 years ago

I love this sunscreen because it is matte on my oily face, has few and relatively safe ingredients, and uses physical blockers titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. I had been searching for a physical sunscreen that wouldn't be greasy or leave a white cast, and this is the only one I have found that does both and contains safe ingredients. I used La Roche Posay before, and although mexoryl was the best ingredient for sun protection, it left me looking like such a greaseball that I had to find something more aesthetic. I also used Green Screen before, and although it was all natural, was too greasy and the tint was too pink. I have Asian skin and the tint on the Reozone is a bit too light, but I put 100% Pure foundation on areas around the nose, chin, cheek, and forehead and it gives it a bit more color. Also, I just bought my second bottle, but strangely the tint is a bit darker than the first that I had been using for a year (this sunscreen is expensive but lasted me a year). The second bottle that I bought has the perfect tint and is not too light. I suppose that either they added more tint to their sunscreen or else their tinting is just not uniform across their packages. The sunscreen is drying compared to others, but I like that because I have an oily face. But I also put Cerave moisturizer underneath the sunscreen, so I don't have dryness problems. This sunscreen has also not caused me any breakouts, and it has been a year. At one time I thought that it did cause more breakouts, but I think it was because I was lazier with cleaning my face at that time. The trick is to really clean your face at night because this sunscreen has great staying power. I rub about a teaspoon of olive oil on my face since the sunscreen won't dissolve in water, and then use a buf-puf and Purpose to get the rest out. I absolutely love this sunscreen and will not be searching anymore! I have never felt this strongly about a product, so I really recommend you try it if you are looking for a safer physical sunscreen, no white cast, mattifying power, and no breakouts!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

from

9 years ago

Pros: This product is cutting-edge sunscreen. It's all ZnO and T20 and no preservatives (endocrine disruptors) or known carcinogens. It feels good - it's extremely lightweight and not at all greasy. It looks great - evens out skintone better than most tinted moisturizers and many foundations. <p></p> <p></p> Cons: There's just one thing I don't like about the Reozone, and it's the smell. It's not intolerable, meaning I would buy this product again, but I dislike it enough that I'll keep looking for similar options. <p></p> <p></p> If anyone else is in a similar boat, you might want to consider the EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41. I have never actually tried it, but reviews on the dermstore site suggest it is a similar product without any scent. That product, however, has a retinol ingredient, which is something one wants to stay away from if you're preggy or want to become. <p></p> <p></p> edit add: Found out that EltaMD UV Physical had been reformulated without retinyl palmitate. So I tried it and decided I liked it better than the Arcona. In comparison it is less chalky and bit darker (better for me). I would talk about it on its own review page, but that does not seem to exist. I may go back to the Arcona when I lose my tan though.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure