MAC Lustre in Syrup

MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this lipstick...
It is usually described as neutral shade. I found it quite cool and really doesn't look well on me.
It is a lustre shade and shiny - sheer so you can build it.

Wanted to add my review because of skin tone comment, I would have appreciated a comment about that...

On my fair skin this colour definitely translates as a bright colour, rather than MLBB. It's wearable for everyday/office, because it is sheer. Since it is sheer and glossy I wish it was more moisturizing than it is, it can dry out my lips. That said, I love this colour and reach of it often- it is very flattering on my pale skin (neutral/olive undertone). I would describe it as a cool-leaning mauve/pink colour.

on 3/3/2017 11:59:00 PM

I have been looking for an MLBB shade for forever, and MAC Syrup is it!! I had seen this one recommended so many times but I always thought it was too pink for me since I don't wear colorful lips, but after trying numerous different lipsticks, I finally decided to try it out. AMAZING. Great formula, great color payoff. It doesn't last for too long but that's okay with me, I don't mind reapplying every couple hours.
I'll also say that I have dry lips pretty regularly. I hadn't exfoliated, primed, or used any lip liner before trying this one on and I couldn't even tell the difference. It shows absolutely no flakes, lines, or dry areas and I'm in love. Every previous lipstick showed all the flaws in my lips but not this one.
I used to hate wearing lipstick, and this one I'm actually excited to put on!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a nice all around shade of lipstick.Everyday look,night look with dramatic eyes...It would look good on almost any skintone. My cons are : -the price,because where I live,for the price of this I could have bought Dior lipstick -it fades pretty quickly (about an hour it stays on my lips at best) -formula is moisturising but I expected more for this price. My pros are : -the shade,it's for day/night,office...it's really unique nude pink that you can wear in any occasion -it doesn't dry out my lips

on 1/3/2017 1:39:00 PM

This is my HG MLBB shade. I do wish they would make it in a matte formula as well. The viva glam Ariana Grande lipgloss pairs well with it.

on 12/22/2016 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this after doing some research into what MAC shades would suit my fair hair and skin. I am really happy with the compatibility this has with my hair and skin, it's lovely and subtle but brightening at the same time and really suits those days when you're trying to pull of a natural look. This shade is a part of the lustre finish range so it doesn't last as long as the mattes but I slightly expected it. I've never found such a good colour match for my appearance so as soon as I lost this on a night out I went and repurchased it straight away. This is always my go to lipstick for any look be it a dramatic eye or a soft brown eye

on 9/2/2016 5:29:00 PM

Beautiful slightly cool toned pink, cool enough that it slightly brightens my face but not so cool that it stands out starkly on my neutral skin. It has a lovely sheeny finish, which may not be super trendy, but it is flattering and moisturizing. It is my current go to.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of glossy finish, maybe that's why this isn't my favorite to start with. The staying power isn't so strong, as well. But I like the shade, especially for when I don't feel like wearing a lot of make up, since it has a pretty natural look. So I'm not sure if I would repurchase, but I will surely use the one that I already have.

on 6/1/2016 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this when I saw review on youtube. My favourite Mac lipstick and formula so far . This is a MLBB lipstick . Suit many of my make up look. When I do not know what lipstick to wear. I wear this and has never gone wrong . Thumbs up

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I love this lipstick! As my first mac lipstick, I can't compare it to any others but as a overall lipstick, it's great! As it's a lustre, it has a pigmented yet moisturizing texture. It's much sheerer than most mac lipsticks so bare that in mind. I would definitely call this a mauvey-pink shade. There are tiny pink-gold flexes but this doesn't show in most lights. It's a glossy lipstick but nothing overwhelming. It's a my lips but better shade for sure which was exactly what I was looking for! It lasts for about 3 hours with no eating or drinking so you'll have to reapply. Overall, love this lipstick! One of the best I've ever owned.