3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

This eyeliner is a staple in my makeup bag and has been for years. I've used other liners that cost several times as much and worked less than half as well. I'm a fan of e.l.f.'s stuff in general, but even if I wasn't a regular customer of theirs, I would still go out of my way to buy this product. I can only speak for myself in regard to the ease of application (artist, so sort of steady hands), but I absolutely love this eyeliner. It goes on very bold and dark, not streaky at all (the jet black one, at least - the only one I've ever gotten), goes on smooth, dries pretty quickly, and it stays put all day! (I apply primer and setting spray along with it) Long after my eyeshadow has faded or rubbed off, the eyeliner is still there just as crisp as when I put it on 12 hours before. In spite of that staying power, though, it comes off with normal makeup remover pretty easily. Usually an eyeliner that works this well requires scrubbing to remove. I use this liner along with the thin intense ink liner from e.l.f. to pull off a flawless everyday cat eye look. I would gladly pay much more than the actual price of this liner just because the quality is so good, so it feels like a steal to get such an awesome product for only a couple dollars. I will always recommend this to anyone looking for a black liquid eyeliner. It's budget-friendly, it can be found in pretty much any drugstore or grocery store, and best of all, it works beautifully.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

a year ago

I'm going to be honest, I'm not too picky when it comes to liquid liner because I'm pretty good at applying it, so I'm not the best judge on whether it's easy to apply or not. I personally find this eyeliner to be great though, it's opaque, it does not smudge (I do not have oily eyelids though), fade, or flake on me throughout the day. I like that it has a brush and I like how thin it is so I can get a sharp point. AND of course, the price point is a huge plus for this liner!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

a year ago

It’s a great price for a simple eyeliner

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This eyeliner is the worst. I usually get the Jordana Cat Eyeliner but I really love elf & decided to give this product a shot. Yeah it's only $2 but I've purchased so many other inexpensive elf products that are amazing. Not this one though. It's not opaque & looks grey unless you build it up, but it doesn't layer well so there's no way to make it work... it just looks bad. This liner has a bunch of shimmer in it, which isn't my thing. On the eyes it was just okay. In order for me to want to use a liquid liner it has to be easy & I have to like the way it looks. This elf liquid liner just didn't do it for me. I've had it for 2 months now but have only used it like twice. I went to use it the other day, opened the lid, & it's dried out already. Into the trash it goes. I say don't buy this product unless you like throwing away money.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This has to be the worst eyeliner I have ever used. I picked this product up for $2 USD since I didn't have a lot of money at the time. Let me tell you- this was a waste! The applicator is a brush instead of a felt tip which makes it difficult to apply. The formula itself is an atrocity: applying another layer removes the one you previously applied! It also disappears if you touch it and it flakes easily. The color of this product is not a true black. Instead it is more of a dark grey. Even for $2,this product it isn't worth it.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I’m wondering if i just got the golden ticket with this liner. I bought this on a trip to florida when i ran out of my former holy grail Physicians formula 2 in 1 eye booster. Literally, this is the best eyeliner ever. I was super watery eyes and it never fades. I wore this on my prom night for like 23 hours and it was still on. I’ve had the same one for 9 months (probably gross, i know) and it’s still super pigmented and perfect.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Do you love the feelings of waking up with eye crust???? Then this is the eyeliner for YOU!!!! :D In all seriousness though... the color is nice and deep, but what the hell is this formula? I put this on my eye and within minutes, it dried down and formed a crust over my eye. It feels weird to blink or make facial expressions, because the crust is literally tugging at my skin. Not to mention, this formula seems to run and get EVERYWHERE before it dries down... so by that point, it's just a mess.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

3 years ago

Very hard to use. Once you do get used to it is does produce a decent eyeliner. But the formula is also not the greatest.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinOther, Olive

HairBlack

3 years ago

Do you love the sensation of having your eyelids glued to your eye socket? Are you tired of liners that dry in under 10 minutes? This is a nightmare product for anybody with slightly hooded eyelids. Get the Wet and Wild one instead.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Meh agreeing with everyone else this product is pretty shit. Its super watery, streaky, fades/rubs off easily, with a flimsy applicator and cheap bottle. I have to layer it several times to fix the streakyness and even then it like patches weirdly and doesnt look as perfect as my NYC liquid liner (which that one is amazing its so black and not streaky in one swipe). Luckily i heard the NYC liner will continue to still be sold in Canada here so I plan on repurchasing that one again. This is shit:D dont waste your money :D also i thought it was supposed to be like $1 and i think it came up at the register for $3 wtf? (p.s essence also has good reviews on their liquid liners for yall in the states you can find it at ulta, good replacement for NYC liquid liner:) )

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm