E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water(Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Xathan Gum, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 12/16/2016 11:17:00 PM

Although I love affordable makeup and several products from e.l.f, I wouldn't repurchase this. It's not a terrible eyeliner, but there are definitely better options. The most recent reviews I'm seeing for this are from 2012, and the packaging and brush looks different from the image shown, so I'm assuming they've updated the product. I had one of these back around that time, and I liked it then, but I was about 13 and didn't really know what a good formula was. I'm using one right now as a backup just in case I misplace my current liquid liner (Maybelline ultra liner in waterproof) so I can give a legit opinion about this. Onto the actual review:

-it has a decently long wand with a felt tip brush
-the formula isn't very opaque at all, I need about two coats for it to be true black without any patches or streakiness
-it has a shiny/vinyl finish
-the texture is pretty thin and almost watery, hence the lack of coverage
-I think the price was about $1-2 at CVS
-removes easily and doesn't smudge on me, but will crack or chip throughout the day

This liner was not absolute shit, but I wouldn't buy again unless I was desperate.

on 12/3/2016 2:51:00 AM

I didn't like any from this line of liquid liners from e.l.f. It's super watery and takes a long time to dry so if you have hooded eyelids like me and blink, it usually smudges by itself. I'd much rather use any of their other eyeliners.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have pretty oily eyelids so if you suffer from the same thing, I wouldn't recommend using this product to do thick lines or cat eye - it's too runny and watery. But this is absolutely perfect for doing just a thin line on my top lashline when I want a super simple look with just a swipe of mascara.

Only slightly better than the studio precision liner by E.L.F. Doesn't dry shiny but still very watery and hard to work with. Have to build up to get black instead of watery gray

on 10/3/2016 10:56:00 PM

I wish I loved this eye liner as I had read about it on BuzzFeed for being a great dupe. However it is so watery if does not pigment well. I had to return if.

on 10/3/2016 9:31:00 PM

Horrible consistency. I like a lot of elf's products, but this one was a huge miss. This liner is incredibly runny, not pigmented, and smugs at the slightest touch.

on 5/11/2016 5:57:00 PM

This is a great value if you are in to liquid eyeliner. This just wasn't for me. I couldn't get it on straight to save my life,

on 5/4/2016 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using Wet N Wild's liquid eyeliner for 7 years but it can't keep up with my oily eyelids, so I decided to try this.

When used with the correct technique it dries to a very nice black, but it's really runny and thin which requires you to wait for it to dry before going back to clean up your eyeliner or else it'll streak. I also noticed that even after I allowed it to dry, I tried wiping it with a DRY tissue and it completely wiped off! What! I don't have any of these problems with WnW!

I don't see myself reaching for this again except in emergency.

on 5/2/2016 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Not a product for people with watery eyes/allergies, you'll end up with raccoon eyes...

on 4/12/2016 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this eyeliner while I was waiting for my other proper eyeliner to arrive. And this was a cheap temporary substitute. I honestly did not expect this to be that bad but it's pretty bad. The liner is quite watery thus not black/deep enough and it smudges easily, VERY easily. This might be cheap but I do not recommend this to anyone unless you are looking for a temporary substitute.