E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water(Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Xathan Gum, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 9/17/2017 3:11:00 AM

Do you love the feelings of waking up with eye crust???? Then this is the eyeliner for YOU!!!! :D

In all seriousness though... the color is nice and deep, but what the hell is this formula? I put this on my eye and within minutes, it dried down and formed a crust over my eye. It feels weird to blink or make facial expressions, because the crust is literally tugging at my skin. Not to mention, this formula seems to run and get EVERYWHERE before it dries down... so by that point, it's just a mess.

on 8/7/2017 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Very hard to use. Once you do get used to it is does produce a decent eyeliner. But the formula is also not the greatest.

Do you love the sensation of having your eyelids glued to your eye socket? Are you tired of liners that dry in under 10 minutes? This is a nightmare product for anybody with slightly hooded eyelids. Get the Wet and Wild one instead.

on 7/12/2017 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Meh agreeing with everyone else this product is pretty shit. Its super watery, streaky, fades/rubs off easily, with a flimsy applicator and cheap bottle. I have to layer it several times to fix the streakyness and even then it like patches weirdly and doesnt look as perfect as my NYC liquid liner (which that one is amazing its so black and not streaky in one swipe). Luckily i heard the NYC liner will continue to still be sold in Canada here so I plan on repurchasing that one again. This is shit:D dont waste your money :D also i thought it was supposed to be like $1 and i think it came up at the register for $3 wtf? (p.s essence also has good reviews on their liquid liners for yall in the states you can find it at ulta, good replacement for NYC liquid liner:) )

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had used this for awhile and in retrospect it's okay. I recently switched over from this to a much better drugstore eyeliner, so I just wanted to give my thoughts on it.

The applicator is not of the best quality, but it works if you have a steady enough hand. The pigmentation sucks though, to be honest. I often found myself having to apply at least another coat or two after the first one because it would look so streaky. The annoying thing about that was that you had to let it dry completely before applying another coat, otherwise it would remove some of your prior coat. Wear length was alright. This eyeliner can smudge pretty easily, so I would keep that in mind.

I would recommend this product to makeup beginners. It's only $2 and you do learn the fundamentals of how to apply liquid eyeliner with it, I'll admit. For more experienced makeup users, I would skip this. There's way better liquid eyeliners for only a few dollars more.

on 6/16/2017 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a don't waste your money product. I wouldn't even use it to practice. It transfers, bleeds, and doesn't last. I used it on my lower lashline and it bled into my eyes making them gunky and really weird looking. I was so mad I had to redo my makeup 😡

on 3/5/2017 12:14:00 PM

I swear they changed the formulation for this and doubled the price ($1 to $2 USD but whatever). It was never the best eyeliner but it would do. I liked that it had a brown shade, which is hard to find in this format these days. I picked up the black at Walmart because they didn't have brown and was going to order brown online, but nope, It was very thin and runny. The first stroke was not pigmented enough and the second took off all the pigment of the first, like a bad, streaky nail polish. It did not even provide a smooth even line. Letting it dry made applying another coat all flaky, it was a disaster. I had to cover it with my Essence waterproof liquid liner to fix it. I use liquid liner because it is easier and faster to apply for me, plus more pigment with one stroke than pen or pencil provides. This negates all of it. Use the money you were going to use to buy this for something better.

on 12/16/2016 11:17:00 PM

Although I love affordable makeup and several products from e.l.f, I wouldn't repurchase this. It's not a terrible eyeliner, but there are definitely better options. The most recent reviews I'm seeing for this are from 2012, and the packaging and brush looks different from the image shown, so I'm assuming they've updated the product. I had one of these back around that time, and I liked it then, but I was about 13 and didn't really know what a good formula was. I'm using one right now as a backup just in case I misplace my current liquid liner (Maybelline ultra liner in waterproof) so I can give a legit opinion about this. Onto the actual review:

-it has a decently long wand with a felt tip brush
-the formula isn't very opaque at all, I need about two coats for it to be true black without any patches or streakiness
-it has a shiny/vinyl finish
-the texture is pretty thin and almost watery, hence the lack of coverage
-I think the price was about $1-2 at CVS
-removes easily and doesn't smudge on me, but will crack or chip throughout the day

This liner was not absolute shit, but I wouldn't buy again unless I was desperate.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used to use this a while back and it wasn't that great. The brush tip was very flimsy and hard to work with. It was never the blackest eyeliner that I heard other people say it was. It's very watery and can be very messy. I have oily eyelids and this smudged very easily on me. I also have watery eyes and it comes off in the inner corner a lot too. It's only $3, but there's better eyeliners at the drugstore.

on 3/1/2017 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros: very black, cheap as chips Cons: flimsy tip, very wet so can get messy if you move or touch your eye before its dry