Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

3.8

Isododecane, nylon-12, polyethylene, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, amino butyric acid, barium sulfate, panax ginseng root extract, portulaca oleracea extract, centella asiatica extract, ethylhexyl palmitate, disteardimonium hectorite , VP/eicosene copolymer, propylene carbonate, methicone, phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Not as good as Urban decay, but no parabens so it's a tradeoff. Best healthy natural one I could find, but not as effective as UD cancerous one.

on 4/23/2013 9:21:00 PM

This really does firm my eye area and keeps my eyeshadow in place. I love it and will be buying a full sized tube once my sample runs out.

I love this stuff!
It does what it claims, I get a full day of no creasing....even during the summer sweating trips!!
This baby is also all NATURAL and NOT full of NASTY CHEMICALS!
The formulation is a bit thicker than UD and TF primers.......but that is one of the main reasons why I luv it so much as well!
This glides on literally like butter and stays sticky for awhile.....unlike UD which dries down too fast. If I don't do my eyes almost immediately the UD would turn my prestige brand shadows to a sheerer finish and less payoff.....man, I hated that!
But thank goodness I don't have to worry about rushing to get my eyes done now! Yay!!!

The firming ingredients just rock!!!
They really do firm up my slightly wrinkled lids(the wrinkles are not from age,I have actually always had slightly loose skin towards the inner eye lid...especially on my left one.... weird I know ;)
I also love that it has a slight matte nude finish.
I can actully see where it goes and put it on evenly now.

IMO.... the killer natural firming ingredients and buttery flowing formula are awesome!!!!
I highly recommend this to anyone looking for all NATURAL makeup primer and if the other 2 chemically loaded famous primers dry your skin out too much!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wow this is a great base! I still pref my TF only because its easier to spread on the eye but i do like this better than UD. It made my e/s last all day & look flawless. Also i tend to get weird wrinkles on my left eye sometimes when i use primer but that didn't happen at all with this one. Id deff purchase a big bottle of this (i got a sample from a kit)

on 6/24/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I got this as part of the Natural Eye Shadow Pallette and it has become my favourite eye primer.

The texture is light enough and applies well without drying out too fast, which I sometimes find with the UDPP.

But as with the UDPP, my complaint is with the packaging because there is a lump of product stuck at the bottom of the container that the wand is not long enough to reach. So I resorted to using a cotton bud to dig it out LOL!

The product also claims to help get rid of wrinkles but I dont see any noticeable difference. Then again, I wasnt expecting it to do any of that to begin with.

I would definitely purchase a full-sized one next - except it doesnt sell here (Malaysia) boo-hiss!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh MAN did this product fail me.
Now, I don't have allergic reactions to anything, really.
The first time I used this it worked rather well. The second time I used it it quite nearly burned my eyelids off, that was after they swelled halfway shut. I don't know what kind of ingredient caused it, but I'm surprised at such an extreme reaction from a product line that's touted to be full of natural stuff that's good for your skin.

Please note that I've only had one reaction to a cream before in my life, and it was an expired Avon product.

Disappointing. I'm going back to the Bare Escentuals primer, which I liked just fine before trying this. I don't know why I ventured out into the great unknown in the first place...

**Pros: You get a lot of product; it is easy to apply; it dries fast.
**Cons: The consitency goes from creamy to dry-cakey quickly, and this super dry, clay-like base does not make eyeshadows long-lasting.

From my experience, I liked how easily it dried at first, but I found that my eyeshadows just blew off within hours. I tried it with Lorac e/s, Bare Escentuals e/s, Urban Decay e/s, and even Tarte e/s; but, the results were the same!
I did not work with it long enough to find out if it really does improve the texture of my skin, so I can't really evaluate the claim that it diminishes wrinkles. I'm sticking with TF, UD, BE, & Lorac eye primers.

on 11/17/2010 7:37:00 PM

I love Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer but when I was able to get a friends and family discount for Tarte I decided to give this a try. My eye shadow does not appear to be easier to apply, blend, or look more vibrant. It definitely does help with creasing and fading but only up to about 8 hours whereas with the Lorac primer I could go 12+ hours and my eye makeup still looked brand new. I will continue to use it until I run out but I won't be repurchasing.

on 9/15/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin and my eyelids are prone to eczema. I have tried Laura Mercier eye primer in the past (and it was fabulous - worked incredibly well), but eventually, it too became an irritant for me. I tried this and have loved it. I walk outside everyday in disgusting St. Louis humidity & heat during my lunch break, and eye eye make-up looks flawless afterward (I also use Tarte eyeshadow). I can't use Tarte eyeliner pencils, as they have bismuth oxychloride in them (a natural mineral that a lot of people are allergice to -- note, if you are terribly irriated by Bare Minerals as I was, this is probably the culprit). But I wet my angled eyeliner brush and apply Tarte black or bronze eyeshadow, and it is absolutely in place (not creased up on my eyelid) after 10 hours and walking outside in the heat for an hour). In my opinion, that's pretty incredible. My advice: If you do not have any issues with sensitivity, go for Laura Mercier. If you have sensitivity issues or flakey/irriated eyelids, go for this Tarte brand. I definitely love it.

on 9/5/2010 10:08:00 PM

I like it...don't love it. I mainly got it because it was a more natural alternative to UDPP. It does the job but is not as "sticky" or adherent as UDPP or MAC painpots. I could care less about the claims of firming because it was not the reason for purchasing it and I wouldn't believe it anyways. It is somewhat pricey for the size but I always purchase tarte from their website and use a 30% coupon so it works out well price wise. The top cracked on me, so the packaging is kinda cheaply made. The primer, also did not last very long, seems like it ran out quickly.