Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

2.8

Isododecane, nylon-12, polyethylene, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, amino butyric acid, barium sulfate, panax ginseng root extract, portulaca oleracea extract, centella asiatica extract, ethylhexyl palmitate, disteardimonium hectorite , VP/eicosene copolymer, propylene carbonate, methicone, phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

**Pros: You get a lot of product; it is easy to apply; it dries fast.
**Cons: The consitency goes from creamy to dry-cakey quickly, and this super dry, clay-like base does not make eyeshadows long-lasting.

From my experience, I liked how easily it dried at first, but I found that my eyeshadows just blew off within hours. I tried it with Lorac e/s, Bare Escentuals e/s, Urban Decay e/s, and even Tarte e/s; but, the results were the same!
I did not work with it long enough to find out if it really does improve the texture of my skin, so I can't really evaluate the claim that it diminishes wrinkles. I'm sticking with TF, UD, BE, & Lorac eye primers.

on 9/26/2010 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't love it or hate it. It's ok but the price is too much for it just being ok.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I didn't really have strong feelings either way about this primer, except for the price. $20 for a tube to be used within 6 months seems pretty costly, considering that other primers (or, at least, the NARS one) last up to a year.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'd like to give this 4.5 lippies ... it doesn't hold color for quite as long or as vibrantly as UDPP (though long enough for most days), so half a lippie off for that. But it is *much* silkier and less drying than UDPP, so it suits my needs better.

Just as lip plumpers don't really make your lips bigger but make them smoother, this product doesn't lift anything. What it does seem to do is make the eyelid a little less "textured," so that shadows go on more smoothly. This is all to the good. I can use some powder shadows again that had begun to look crepe-y. It also is *slightly* tinted a peachy beige, which does help to camouflage redness. I still use a color neutralizing base shadow (like MAC's Soft Ochre Paint Pot) over it, though.

But here's my favorite off-label use: As an undereye concealer. The peachiness helps counteract the blue veins I have there, and the smoothing power of it helps with fine lines. It also doesn't crease for me. Keep in mind that I'm NC10 or so, so the pale color works for me. If you're darker, you might want to experiment with layering your regular concealer over it -- I suspect that the holding power of Lifted will keep it looking fresh.

I haven't come to the end of my tube yet, though I've been using it for a couple of weeks, so I don't know whether I'll have to cut the tube open to get to the last of the product. This tube is cylindrical, unlike UDPP, so I suspect that digging out the last of the product will be simpler.

UPDATED: The cap cracked and crumbled within a month, meaning that I had to scoop the stuff out and transfer it to a small sample jar to prevent it from drying out. That pretty much defeats the point of the doe-foot applicator. They really should invest in a slightly better grade of plastic for the packaging.

on 2/22/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I honestly like this primer more than UD's primer potion. Why? Because it doesn't dry out my lids as much as UD's does. It's still pretty dry but not as much as UDs. I also, don't put a lot of it on. I just put enough on. You have to figure out how much is needed for your lid. At first, I was putting on too much and it was just a pain in the butt for me. I got it now though. =)
As far as lifting, I wouldn't know. I don't need much lifting right now being almost 22.
Since I'm trying to go the natural route, I'm going to stay with this instead of the UD and because it doesn't dry me out like UD does, especially when I use it everyday.
Tip, if it does sort of dry you out, just make sure you put a good eye moisturizer at night. That always helps me. =)
And yes, I'd def. repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My eyelids are getting droopy, so I gave it a shot based on your reviews. This product is a mix of a liquid and a powder so a few hours later it turns into sort of a mud crust. It doesn't happen everytime. I talked with the SA at Sephora, and he said it doesn't always work when the powder and liquid is mixed. I also tried it under my eyes, like mentioned above, and it didn't work for me. It made a crust. Note to self: SA said to try Laura Mercier eye primer. Which of course, I will do.