Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

3.9

Isododecane, nylon-12, polyethylene, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, amino butyric acid, barium sulfate, panax ginseng root extract, portulaca oleracea extract, centella asiatica extract, ethylhexyl palmitate, disteardimonium hectorite , VP/eicosene copolymer, propylene carbonate, methicone, phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 3/26/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a sample at Ulta and I absolutely love it. It is sheer but evens out the skin tone on my eylids. I also use it as an undereye concealer and doesn't settle into fine lines.I just use a few dabs and then tap in into my skin. A little goes a long way. It makes my eyeshadow last a good 12 hours, regardless of the brand. It also prevents the mascara from smudging under my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh MAN did this product fail me.
Now, I don't have allergic reactions to anything, really.
The first time I used this it worked rather well. The second time I used it it quite nearly burned my eyelids off, that was after they swelled halfway shut. I don't know what kind of ingredient caused it, but I'm surprised at such an extreme reaction from a product line that's touted to be full of natural stuff that's good for your skin.

Please note that I've only had one reaction to a cream before in my life, and it was an expired Avon product.

Disappointing. I'm going back to the Bare Escentuals primer, which I liked just fine before trying this. I don't know why I ventured out into the great unknown in the first place...

**Pros: You get a lot of product; it is easy to apply; it dries fast.
**Cons: The consitency goes from creamy to dry-cakey quickly, and this super dry, clay-like base does not make eyeshadows long-lasting.

From my experience, I liked how easily it dried at first, but I found that my eyeshadows just blew off within hours. I tried it with Lorac e/s, Bare Escentuals e/s, Urban Decay e/s, and even Tarte e/s; but, the results were the same!
I did not work with it long enough to find out if it really does improve the texture of my skin, so I can't really evaluate the claim that it diminishes wrinkles. I'm sticking with TF, UD, BE, & Lorac eye primers.

on 11/17/2010 7:37:00 PM

I love Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer but when I was able to get a friends and family discount for Tarte I decided to give this a try. My eye shadow does not appear to be easier to apply, blend, or look more vibrant. It definitely does help with creasing and fading but only up to about 8 hours whereas with the Lorac primer I could go 12+ hours and my eye makeup still looked brand new. I will continue to use it until I run out but I won't be repurchasing.

I am on my third tube of this. I love it and will use the primer until tart makes something better

on 2/5/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got a trial size of this when I ordered the Flower Child palette, and I like it! I've worn it for 4 straight days, and it holds the shadow right in place with no creasing. It has a strange texture and feel to it. It feels very....dry, I think is the right term, when it comes out of the loathsome tube (Same doefoot applicator in a tube as UDPP - so you will likely have the same problem with leaving half of it behind when you think the tube is empty) However, despite its dry feel, it goes on smoothly, blends nicely and it isn't "grabby" like a lot of primers are. Shadows blend on smoothly over this. Plus, it really does fill in the lines that some of us have on our eyelids!! It makes a much smoother canvas than either UDPP or TFSI. I don't see any lifting, but that's ok.. at least it's smooth! This will be a definite purchase for me once my TFSI is gone and the trial size is gone. I though TFSI was da bomb - well, this one blows TFSI out of the water! :)

on 10/21/2009 12:28:00 PM

I'm calling this product "UDPP PLUS-UP" - it works as well as UD's primer potion for increasing eye-makeup longevity, plus it does provide additional smoothing to my lids and evens out the skintone since it's a little more opaque than PP. It has ingredients which should result in long-term improvement of the skin as well as those that are supposed to deliver short-term benefits, and I think I am seeing some of the long-term benefits as well. Here are 2 tips: 1. if you apply coloring products to your brows, make sure you get some primer on them also. It really helps hold powder or pencil, and to me, getting my brows to stay perfect is way more important than whether my eyeshadow fades. 2. The Lifted primer is nice to apply even on days when you don't want to apply full color make-up to the eye. I'm pale, and maybe thing's are different for those with darker skintones, but this takes the edge off darkness at the inner corner of my eye and any blotchiness or imperfections from lashline to brow. It gives a nice translucent alabaster effect on me, and it lasts all day. I've taken to putting some UNDER my eye also to help hold the powder color corrector that I use for dark circles. Here comes the gripe: I wish this came in a pinpoint tube dispenser. I don't like repeatedly dipping an infested applicator into a tube, and I dislike chasing the product around the inside of the tube once the product starts to run low or it all hides in one spot.

on 8/12/2009 5:02:00 PM

Yes, I agree. This is an excellent product. One problem I DON'T have (in spite of my exalted age) is creppy eyelids. Still, this is a nice, eyelid-smoothing primer, goes on easily and does not dry the skin.