Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

3.2

Isododecane, nylon-12, polyethylene, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, amino butyric acid, barium sulfate, panax ginseng root extract, portulaca oleracea extract, centella asiatica extract, ethylhexyl palmitate, disteardimonium hectorite , VP/eicosene copolymer, propylene carbonate, methicone, phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 3/26/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a sample at Ulta and I absolutely love it. It is sheer but evens out the skin tone on my eylids. I also use it as an undereye concealer and doesn't settle into fine lines.I just use a few dabs and then tap in into my skin. A little goes a long way. It makes my eyeshadow last a good 12 hours, regardless of the brand. It also prevents the mascara from smudging under my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh MAN did this product fail me.
Now, I don't have allergic reactions to anything, really.
The first time I used this it worked rather well. The second time I used it it quite nearly burned my eyelids off, that was after they swelled halfway shut. I don't know what kind of ingredient caused it, but I'm surprised at such an extreme reaction from a product line that's touted to be full of natural stuff that's good for your skin.

Please note that I've only had one reaction to a cream before in my life, and it was an expired Avon product.

Disappointing. I'm going back to the Bare Escentuals primer, which I liked just fine before trying this. I don't know why I ventured out into the great unknown in the first place...

on 9/26/2010 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't love it or hate it. It's ok but the price is too much for it just being ok.

on 2/22/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I honestly like this primer more than UD's primer potion. Why? Because it doesn't dry out my lids as much as UD's does. It's still pretty dry but not as much as UDs. I also, don't put a lot of it on. I just put enough on. You have to figure out how much is needed for your lid. At first, I was putting on too much and it was just a pain in the butt for me. I got it now though. =)
As far as lifting, I wouldn't know. I don't need much lifting right now being almost 22.
Since I'm trying to go the natural route, I'm going to stay with this instead of the UD and because it doesn't dry me out like UD does, especially when I use it everyday.
Tip, if it does sort of dry you out, just make sure you put a good eye moisturizer at night. That always helps me. =)
And yes, I'd def. repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My eyelids are getting droopy, so I gave it a shot based on your reviews. This product is a mix of a liquid and a powder so a few hours later it turns into sort of a mud crust. It doesn't happen everytime. I talked with the SA at Sephora, and he said it doesn't always work when the powder and liquid is mixed. I also tried it under my eyes, like mentioned above, and it didn't work for me. It made a crust. Note to self: SA said to try Laura Mercier eye primer. Which of course, I will do.