Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

4.1

Isododecane, nylon-12, polyethylene, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, amino butyric acid, barium sulfate, panax ginseng root extract, portulaca oleracea extract, centella asiatica extract, ethylhexyl palmitate, disteardimonium hectorite , VP/eicosene copolymer, propylene carbonate, methicone, phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/15/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin and my eyelids are prone to eczema. I have tried Laura Mercier eye primer in the past (and it was fabulous - worked incredibly well), but eventually, it too became an irritant for me. I tried this and have loved it. I walk outside everyday in disgusting St. Louis humidity & heat during my lunch break, and eye eye make-up looks flawless afterward (I also use Tarte eyeshadow). I can't use Tarte eyeliner pencils, as they have bismuth oxychloride in them (a natural mineral that a lot of people are allergice to -- note, if you are terribly irriated by Bare Minerals as I was, this is probably the culprit). But I wet my angled eyeliner brush and apply Tarte black or bronze eyeshadow, and it is absolutely in place (not creased up on my eyelid) after 10 hours and walking outside in the heat for an hour). In my opinion, that's pretty incredible. My advice: If you do not have any issues with sensitivity, go for Laura Mercier. If you have sensitivity issues or flakey/irriated eyelids, go for this Tarte brand. I definitely love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I didn't really have strong feelings either way about this primer, except for the price. $20 for a tube to be used within 6 months seems pretty costly, considering that other primers (or, at least, the NARS one) last up to a year.

on 5/3/2010 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I too have never used an eye primer before. I started using this because a sample came with the Flower Child palette and I thought-- why not? The results were quite good. When I apply this product, my eyeshadow color seems more vibrant and the color lasts. I will definitely continue to buy this primer. I just have nothing to compare this product to so I can't say it's the best out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'd like to give this 4.5 lippies ... it doesn't hold color for quite as long or as vibrantly as UDPP (though long enough for most days), so half a lippie off for that. But it is *much* silkier and less drying than UDPP, so it suits my needs better.

Just as lip plumpers don't really make your lips bigger but make them smoother, this product doesn't lift anything. What it does seem to do is make the eyelid a little less "textured," so that shadows go on more smoothly. This is all to the good. I can use some powder shadows again that had begun to look crepe-y. It also is *slightly* tinted a peachy beige, which does help to camouflage redness. I still use a color neutralizing base shadow (like MAC's Soft Ochre Paint Pot) over it, though.

But here's my favorite off-label use: As an undereye concealer. The peachiness helps counteract the blue veins I have there, and the smoothing power of it helps with fine lines. It also doesn't crease for me. Keep in mind that I'm NC10 or so, so the pale color works for me. If you're darker, you might want to experiment with layering your regular concealer over it -- I suspect that the holding power of Lifted will keep it looking fresh.

I haven't come to the end of my tube yet, though I've been using it for a couple of weeks, so I don't know whether I'll have to cut the tube open to get to the last of the product. This tube is cylindrical, unlike UDPP, so I suspect that digging out the last of the product will be simpler.

UPDATED: The cap cracked and crumbled within a month, meaning that I had to scoop the stuff out and transfer it to a small sample jar to prevent it from drying out. That pretty much defeats the point of the doe-foot applicator. They really should invest in a slightly better grade of plastic for the packaging.

I am on my third tube of this. I love it and will use the primer until tart makes something better

on 2/5/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got a trial size of this when I ordered the Flower Child palette, and I like it! I've worn it for 4 straight days, and it holds the shadow right in place with no creasing. It has a strange texture and feel to it. It feels very....dry, I think is the right term, when it comes out of the loathsome tube (Same doefoot applicator in a tube as UDPP - so you will likely have the same problem with leaving half of it behind when you think the tube is empty) However, despite its dry feel, it goes on smoothly, blends nicely and it isn't "grabby" like a lot of primers are. Shadows blend on smoothly over this. Plus, it really does fill in the lines that some of us have on our eyelids!! It makes a much smoother canvas than either UDPP or TFSI. I don't see any lifting, but that's ok.. at least it's smooth! This will be a definite purchase for me once my TFSI is gone and the trial size is gone. I though TFSI was da bomb - well, this one blows TFSI out of the water! :)

on 8/24/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Every once in a while, Tarte makes a product that I really LOVE. This is the most recent one. I bought it at Sephora on one of those trips where you go in with absolutely nothing in mind and walk out having spent waaaay too much on things you probably didn't need and might never use. Surprisingly, this works really really well for me, both as an eyeshadow primer and - shocker - doing exactly what it says it will do as far as smoothing the eyelid area.

If I understand how it works correctly, this isn't an anti-aging product, this is actually just a temporary fix. And that's okay! :) I have eyelids that are a little bit crepey, and this actually does smooth them out. It works as well as UD Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance... but the texture is a little bit lighter and I find that it is a little more opaque than those. (just a little) It has a doe foot wand, but I usually just dab a little on my eyelid and spread it around with my finger. The tube is completely biodegradable, which I consider a plus, and you can pull the little plastic stopper out of it just like UDPP to get all of the product left on the sides.