Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

Tarte Lifted™ Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol™

3.9

Isododecane, nylon-12, polyethylene, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, amino butyric acid, barium sulfate, panax ginseng root extract, portulaca oleracea extract, centella asiatica extract, ethylhexyl palmitate, disteardimonium hectorite , VP/eicosene copolymer, propylene carbonate, methicone, phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 8/12/2009 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This gives a smooth appearance to the lid and absorbs quickly without feeling dry. Easy to blend your eyeshadow on top. I have oily lids and the staying power is comparable to UDPP. Edit: Unfortunately, this would cause me to break out on my eye lid:((((

on 8/12/2009 5:02:00 PM

Yes, I agree. This is an excellent product. One problem I DON'T have (in spite of my exalted age) is creppy eyelids. Still, this is a nice, eyelid-smoothing primer, goes on easily and does not dry the skin.

on 8/24/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Every once in a while, Tarte makes a product that I really LOVE. This is the most recent one. I bought it at Sephora on one of those trips where you go in with absolutely nothing in mind and walk out having spent waaaay too much on things you probably didn't need and might never use. Surprisingly, this works really really well for me, both as an eyeshadow primer and - shocker - doing exactly what it says it will do as far as smoothing the eyelid area.

If I understand how it works correctly, this isn't an anti-aging product, this is actually just a temporary fix. And that's okay! :) I have eyelids that are a little bit crepey, and this actually does smooth them out. It works as well as UD Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance... but the texture is a little bit lighter and I find that it is a little more opaque than those. (just a little) It has a doe foot wand, but I usually just dab a little on my eyelid and spread it around with my finger. The tube is completely biodegradable, which I consider a plus, and you can pull the little plastic stopper out of it just like UDPP to get all of the product left on the sides.

on 10/21/2009 12:28:00 PM

I'm calling this product "UDPP PLUS-UP" - it works as well as UD's primer potion for increasing eye-makeup longevity, plus it does provide additional smoothing to my lids and evens out the skintone since it's a little more opaque than PP. It has ingredients which should result in long-term improvement of the skin as well as those that are supposed to deliver short-term benefits, and I think I am seeing some of the long-term benefits as well. Here are 2 tips: 1. if you apply coloring products to your brows, make sure you get some primer on them also. It really helps hold powder or pencil, and to me, getting my brows to stay perfect is way more important than whether my eyeshadow fades. 2. The Lifted primer is nice to apply even on days when you don't want to apply full color make-up to the eye. I'm pale, and maybe thing's are different for those with darker skintones, but this takes the edge off darkness at the inner corner of my eye and any blotchiness or imperfections from lashline to brow. It gives a nice translucent alabaster effect on me, and it lasts all day. I've taken to putting some UNDER my eye also to help hold the powder color corrector that I use for dark circles. Here comes the gripe: I wish this came in a pinpoint tube dispenser. I don't like repeatedly dipping an infested applicator into a tube, and I dislike chasing the product around the inside of the tube once the product starts to run low or it all hides in one spot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love!! I just got Lifted when Tarte ran the 40% sale, but I would absolutely pay full price for it and will when I run out. I am 24 with smooth lids, but I have dry skin. It works like any other primer with the added bonus that I smooth a little under my eyes when I do my lids and it helps to fill in the fine lines under my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My eyelids are getting droopy, so I gave it a shot based on your reviews. This product is a mix of a liquid and a powder so a few hours later it turns into sort of a mud crust. It doesn't happen everytime. I talked with the SA at Sephora, and he said it doesn't always work when the powder and liquid is mixed. I also tried it under my eyes, like mentioned above, and it didn't work for me. It made a crust. Note to self: SA said to try Laura Mercier eye primer. Which of course, I will do.

on 2/5/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got a trial size of this when I ordered the Flower Child palette, and I like it! I've worn it for 4 straight days, and it holds the shadow right in place with no creasing. It has a strange texture and feel to it. It feels very....dry, I think is the right term, when it comes out of the loathsome tube (Same doefoot applicator in a tube as UDPP - so you will likely have the same problem with leaving half of it behind when you think the tube is empty) However, despite its dry feel, it goes on smoothly, blends nicely and it isn't "grabby" like a lot of primers are. Shadows blend on smoothly over this. Plus, it really does fill in the lines that some of us have on our eyelids!! It makes a much smoother canvas than either UDPP or TFSI. I don't see any lifting, but that's ok.. at least it's smooth! This will be a definite purchase for me once my TFSI is gone and the trial size is gone. I though TFSI was da bomb - well, this one blows TFSI out of the water! :)

on 2/22/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I honestly like this primer more than UD's primer potion. Why? Because it doesn't dry out my lids as much as UD's does. It's still pretty dry but not as much as UDs. I also, don't put a lot of it on. I just put enough on. You have to figure out how much is needed for your lid. At first, I was putting on too much and it was just a pain in the butt for me. I got it now though. =)
As far as lifting, I wouldn't know. I don't need much lifting right now being almost 22.
Since I'm trying to go the natural route, I'm going to stay with this instead of the UD and because it doesn't dry me out like UD does, especially when I use it everyday.
Tip, if it does sort of dry you out, just make sure you put a good eye moisturizer at night. That always helps me. =)
And yes, I'd def. repurchase.

I am on my third tube of this. I love it and will use the primer until tart makes something better

on 3/14/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The only reason I'm giving this product 4-stars is because it is my first eye primer and so I have no basis of comparison. This is also my first Tarte product. I really love it though. Eye shadow colors really pop and stay on well. It also really does help firm up the skin a little. Even though it is expensive, I would definitely by it again because you can rejuvenate cheap eye shadows with less than ideal color pay-off and in that way you actually kind of save money. In other words, you don't have to spend a ton of money on expensive eye shadows!