NARS Desire

NARS Desire

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Red 36 Lake, Red 36, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Aluminum Powder, Red 7]

on 9/29/2016 8:13:00 PM

This is the PERFECT PINK I was looking for. When i bought it I was debating between this one and the shade Gaiety. Eventually ended up with both (haha, of course :D). I am pretty fair, and im my opinion- Desire is a better choice if you think about buying Gaiety. Desire is a stronger version of Gaiety, it is more intense and just a dab of the brush in the pan will be enough. It delivers such a beautiful blushed look, it looks fresh and young!
Gaiety is great for a very subtle look- like "just woke up and haven't put my makeup on yet" ;) I think this shade is a must have, all year round.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For some reason, I found this blush to be slightly more chalky compared to rest of my NARS blushes. It still looks very nice but it does have more of a matte finish. Overall I prefer other shades like Angelika in comparison to this one.

To Read all 391 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a nice pink that appears to lean red if you have red undertones like my Mom. I have yellow/orange undertones and it shows a true pink. The pigment is very opaque and goes on smoothly. Last 8 hours and is a matte. There is nothing special about this shade. I prefer a more cool toned pink like Bobbi Brown Peony for myself.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is such a gorgeous pink shade for all skin colours; great pigment, great packaging and great value as you don't need to apply loads to get a decent colour pay off. I have to apply this very lightly, as it's really pigmented and I end up looking clownish if I put too much on. It's a cool toned, bright pink which gives a fresh flush of colour to the skin, perfect for spring/summer but can be worn all year round of course. I have a warm toned complexion and it compliments it really well. I have no complaints at all, as it ticks all the boxes especially if you're paying a bit extra for a blush.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love NARS Desire. NYE I was going for a Barbie look. I was nervous that I would look like a dollar store Barbie with this blush due to my dark well brown skin. I received compliments all night long & can't wait to wear it again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I filmed a video reviewing the product here it is

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

As a regular user of blusher who always needs a bit of colour putting into my skin, this blush is great. Yes it is fairly expensive but the blush itself is so pigmented that it goes on easily and you barely use any product for each application so it lasts a long time. I love this particular colour of 'Desire' as it is really pink and such a girly colour, however if you don't usually wear such a bright colour blusher a lighter shade would be recommended.

Pros:
- so easy to apply
- highly pigmented
- product lasts a long time

Cons:
- expensive
- hard to initially get the right amount of product on to make the blusher look good on the cheeks but once you get used to the right amount it looks great

Overall:
- love this blusher, will more than likely be buying more in different colours to try them out!

on 6/30/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this blush, it give you the perfect flush, has great pigmentation. It's scary in the pan but looks flawlessly natural on the face.

It's such a great blush I apply it on my fingers and rub it around my cheek bones and voila!
A beautiful natural flush. I can't express enough how beautiful blend able nars products are and how easy they are to apply.

This blush is great for everyday and lasts FOREVER. A must have.

on 6/27/2014 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this blush! I do find Nars products expensive so not a fan of that. The color looks very bright in pan but is more subtle on. I actually went in wanting Gaiety, but it ended being too light for me. I am light-medium with blue eyes and neutral undertones. The Gaiety was almost a highlight color. Desire is pretty pink pop. I do not find the blush to be too pigmented. It is easy to apply and blend. I find the black case sleek and pretty. I use the sephora pro angled blush brush to apply. I am loving color right now in summer, using daily. Very pretty cotton candy pink. Hot pink but not so dramatic. I finally get the Nars blush hype. I expect it to work as doll color on me when I am paler in winter as well.
***prefer shade in summer with tan. In winter I need a little more warmth in color, like a redder pink, or a pinky peach shade. Bright pink seems better on me in summer with bronzer.

on 3/4/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A gorgeous shade in the pan, but not really MY shade. It brightens me up a bit, but doesn't come off natural and flattering and make me glow. Far too expensive to purchase again, for average results. For reference I am NC25/30.