e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is actually the best eyeshadow primer I have used. It does the job perfectly! My eyeshadow always creases, no matter how much primer I apply, and no matter how expensice the product is. But not with this one!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Yes it is totally comparable to UDPP. Trust me, I was very skeptical when I purchased this, especially for my oilyoilyoily lids but it proved me wrong. I guess with ELF products it's either very good or very bad. And this is one of their star products. I'll probably never go back to UDPP. And it's dirt cheap.
I'm not a huge fan of the packaging though , I would prefer a tube texture where the primer can be squeezed out. Oh well.
Application: Put a few dots on eyelids. It has a very creamy texture and it is super blend-able. After you have covered your eyelid with it, wait for a while for the product to dry. Approximately 2-3 minutes. It will finish up to a matte texture, than you can put on your eye shadow and they won't budge or crease till you remove them.

on 7/22/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This product is not my favorite, on my darker complexion (nw45) it makes my shadows appear more faded, I have TFSI and mary kay eye primer and this is the lowest on the todem pole for me, it makes my shadows last a little more time but def not all day also the color on my complexion doesn't completely absorb into the skin it leaves a white cast which is why i guess it lightens up my shadows, but its just ok at best i wouldn't buy again

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This will not be replacing my TFSI but its pretty good for everyday use. It only costs a dollar so I wasn't expecting miracles. It does its job though I see fading faster than my high end primers. I did have a problem with it being so messy. When I screw the top on tightly, I see that some of the product oozes out. It ended up getting all over my makeup bag. So if you buy this, be careful of that.

I will repurchase though because its only 1 dollar. I

on 9/30/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Awesome!!!! I love it!!! Okay, okay, okay, yes, originally I was skeptical like everyone else and I have quite oily lids and no paint pot would work for me alone. I always have to use the big time primers: UDPP, TFSI, or Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer. This stuff has come along and totally changed the game!!! I put it on with a fairly light hand hoping to not get globs of product on my lid because it is kinda creamy but even a speck goes a long way! I did not crease with this stuff at all. Totally impressed. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/11/2010 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE This Primer It Worked Great For Me I've Never Tried UDPP Or Any Other Eye Primer Besides Neutrogena Soothing Tints... That Didn't Work Out! When I first Used It I thought that it wouldn't work because it's so light but after trying it again and blending it out it worked wonders, My Eye Shadow Stayed on and Stayed True! I Got it for A buck! Also Another thing to look out for is coupon codes to use on E.L.F They Have a ton such as FREEFIVE Which takes five dollars off of your order just look them up on retailmenot.com they have awesome coupon codes!

on 12/14/2009 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This works really well on brown skin and oily lids. I use it daily. It's also a FANTASTIC LIP PRIMER.

on 12/12/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this! I had been wanting to get an eye primer for months because I had been watching youtube vids where gurus always stressed the importance of an eye primer. I couldn't seem to find a drugstore one,and came so close to breaking down and buying UD Primer Potion(I'm a drugstore mu junkie so that would've been a MAJOR step).Primer Potion is pretty much almost $20, which i think is ridiculous. Anyway I was on the eyeslipsface website and noticed their mineral line had one. I got so excited,mainly because it was only $3! I had high hopes for it but didn't want to get my hopes up. When I got it and tried it out I was in shock!It did make my eyeshadow last forever!It says it's transparent or whatever,but I do have to be careful how I apply it because with my dark skin it doesnt blend evenly and disappear. Which is not a big deal really. As far as making the shadows more vibrant, I don't see that it does that but the main thing I want in a primer is making the shadow last and not crease. It does just that! I suspect it will last awhile too as long as it doesnt dry out since very little is needed to cover my eye.I can't compare it to any other primers because this is the only one I have ever tried. I'm very satisfied with it so I don't have reason to try any other!

on 11/18/2009 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the answer to getting an eyelind primer. It works, and I mean it really works. For only three dollars you can get exactly what urban decay has been over charging us for. UDPP is 18 dollars, where as the elf is only 3. I love it and I am extremly happy with my purchase

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I absolutely love this eye primer, I had my makeup on for the 9 hours and there was no moving or creasing. I'm really impressed especially because its so cheap $3, the only down side is the shipping price $7 flatrate and then it takes like 2 weeks to get to you. But I will purchase again.