e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I started using this out of curiosity (Target had just started carrying thia brand) and I was already using some UD primer my mom gave me, idk what it was sorry. And this was better! It wasn't heavy or sticky and did the job. And only $1! I gifted these to friends and family like no other, could not stop singung its praises.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Are you kidding me? I have the oiliest eyelids and I went through a dozen high end primers before I found my holy grail at Target?

*Price: Spare change.
*Packaging: Cheap, not cute, but that's the least of my concerns. A standard tube and lipgloss-like applicator.
*Product: Creamy, dries quickly so you have to spread it fast. It's not clear, it's got a sort of pale tint to it that I don't really care for, but it'll be covered by eyeshadow, anyway.
*Positives: Keeps the eyelids dry, keeps the eyeshadows from creasing, and thus, prolongs the wear. It isn't so sticky that it's difficult to blend shadows on top of, but sticky enough to hold the colour.
*Negatives: While it's not clear, it's not pigmented enough to provide a bright base for your shadows the way a Mac paint pot would (remedied by putting down a skin-toned eyeshadow all over the lid after application). Another negative is that I have a bunch of other eyeshadow primers that will continue to lay untouched while ELF continues to make this one.

While there are more expensive primers that do the same thing that this one does, and maybe better, the fact that this does what I need it to do, at the price it currently is, I don't think I'll ever stop repurchasing.

on 5/28/2013 1:50:00 PM

This primer is okay. Nothing special. Worth the price. Which is only like $3. Not much to say about it.

on 1/11/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've got oily eye lids and live in a humid tropical country. I've tried a few of those stick type of eyeshadow primers (body shop as well as the elf studio one) but nothing seemed to last the day. Forget about being creased, everything just melts off and all I'm left with is 2 or 3 thin lines of eyeshadow - which I'm sure you can imagine is NOT a good look.

So when I had a big event coming up, I "splurged" on one of those little trial tubes of UDPP and was ecstatic when my eyeshadow lasted for 6 hours without budging. For the first time in my life, my blending and smoking efforts was intact even when I reached back home. The downside was the price. I just couldn't bring myself to use it on regular days.

Then came the day when I was rummaging through my stash and came across a long forgotten, brand new tube of elf's mineral eyeshadow primer.

I didn't have much hope.. Actually, I had none.at.all. I tested it ONLY to see if it would at least help for 3 hours or so. So imagine my incredulity when my "oily lids" stayed crease proof for 6 hours (after which I had to sleep). I couldn't believe it. Figured it was a mistake. Bad lighting? too tired to see the creases?? But lo and behold, its the same thing the next day. This time, it was on for about 8 to 9 hours before it finally started creasing. Incredible.

The issues? I'm fine with the doe applicator.. Just wish the tube was transparent. Also, on my warm skin tone (Bobbi brown warm natural) its not sheer - more like an ashy cream. Same thing with UDPP but a little stronger. Maybe its because the doe foot is a little heavy on application? It gets covered up so i don't mind - but I might try the blush shade next. Do be sure to only dab a little and spread with your finger (as recommended by the other reviewer

Moral of the story: Is it right up there with UDPP? Not exactly - Because UDPP lasts longer. But is it worth it? Definitely. Repurchase? I'm gonna be stocking up!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh E.L.F. primer, where have you been my whole life? I have tried numerous eylid primers--high end, drugstore and there have been some that I have enjoyed--but none quite like this. I bought this at my local Target without really expecting much. I was blown away after using it a week! This one does the job and is DIRT cheap! The wand has a doe-foot applicator and the tube isn't shaped ridiculous so you can get most of the product out when you get to the end. The most impressive thing is that the formula feels very silicone-y but it absorbs and truly works to keep the shadows from creasing. I have oily lids and this powers through an 8 hr. work day like a charm. No embarassing creasing at the end of the day. For the price you really need not spend money on anything other primer for the eyes. I will repurchase for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I usually dab this on with the doe foot applicator but once I used my fingers and I understood what some of the other reviewers were saying- it feels really oily and a bit icky (so i try not to touch it) It's counter intutive that you would put on something oily to eliminate the effects of oily eyelids- but it actually works! I first tried it for a friends birthday. Usually I expect my eye make up to fade and smudge from day to night but my makeup looked fresh and my eyeshadow looked exactly how it was when i first applied it. My eyehsadow did not budge. This is the first primer I have tried and so I can't compare it to others. I am wary of trying other brands as I have sensitive skin so need to be careful. I love that this is gentle on my eyes and is paraban free. I gave it a 4 for packagaing as while it functions well it's in a no frills tube. I also love the price- a bargin compared to other brands. i I have knocked a lippie off though because while this keeps my eyeshadow in place it doesn't seem to make eyeshadows look any brighter. But i would definitely repurchase.

on 7/4/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was completely blown away by this product. I discovered eye primer about a year and a half ago and I have never gone back. I started out with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. It works great, makes colors more vibrant, and lasts all day long. I only bought it once, but that one tube lasted me about a year. I wanted to repurchase it but for a poor college student who finances her beauty addiction by herself, I wasn't willing to dish out $18 for it. I saw that e.l.f made a primer and I bought it. I decided to go for the mineral because I was a bit hesitant about putting a $1 primer on my lids. I was completely surprised at how awesome my eye makeup looked at the end of the day. I didn't want to take it off. I was blown away that this primer did almost exactly what UD's primer did for 1/6 of the cost. So why only 4 lippies? It didn't make my shadows as bright (it never said it would so I'm not holding that against e.l.f too harshly) and when I wear this from 9 in the morning to like 11 at night, when I am about to wash my face, I see my makeup looks a tad worn. But that's okay. No one needs to wear makeup for 14 hours. I don't mind. This looks like it will last me a while too. I am so happy I found a cheaper alternative. This primer makes me eye makeup (and my wallet) happy.

on 3/30/2012 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

nothing compared to my HG Urban Decay PP. Too watery, did not create a good base. Eyeshadow creased within an hour of applying. Totally disappointed by this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Meh,it's okay but,that's the issue it's just OK! A bit watery for me,my shadows crease some with this primer,and it takes a while to blend and dry on the lid. However for $3 I don't think you can go wrong if you are on a budget like muah :)

on 2/4/2012 11:50:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, theres nothing of elf that ive disliked so far. I got this in "sheer" but it is not. It alters the color of the shadow. It leaves a silver or frost residue. Otherwise it works well, does not crease and leaves a nice highlight under the eye area. But my eyeshadow collection is very neutral & the colors do not pop as well, maybe it works well with vibrant neon shadows but thats not my style. I will stay with my palladio herbal, works well and just a couple bucks more