e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got this at dollar tree, I love it. I use it every day

on 5/28/2013 1:50:00 PM

This primer is okay. Nothing special. Worth the price. Which is only like $3. Not much to say about it.

on 2/19/2013 5:13:00 PM

I have VERY oily eyelids, so I was in urgent need of an eye primer. I highly recommend this one. It gives a slight color and a base for the eyeshadow, and it definitely prevents it from creasing ALL DAY. I highly recommend this product.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I LOVE this eyeshadow primer! It blends so well and gives the lid a light and even finish for you to get a "clean sheet" to work with. It is ridiculously cheap and works SO good with enhancing the colours and making the shadow stay perfect throughout the day/night - So, as we say in Norway: HIPP, HIPP, HURRA! :D

on 12/19/2012 12:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

at first i used to switch between elf's eyelid primer and urban decay's depending on how much i ll spend and the type of occasions i m about to attend then i was looking up the internet when i read the amazing reviews and that it is full of healthy vitamines so i gave it a go and WOW....here is why:
very light weight
easily blendable
though sheer helps to cover discoloration arround my eyes
as good as UD in holding the shadow in place
cheap dirt
my only prblem is that i never found that one primer that keeps my shadow fresh not just there after 8 hours of hard work but so far this is one of the best.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have only recently discovered ELF to my delight, and I've been so impressed with much of their Studio line products. Their brushes are insane (just want to EAT the Kabuki and become one with it :), so many of their eyeshadows have fantastic pigmentation and creamy blendability, their blushes are great, I love the HD ones, even though they have too much pigment and have therefore been repurposed as a lipstain.

Despite being Miss Greasy Lids Extraordinaire, I nevertheless have the great fortune of having found my HG eyelid primer, the Nars Proprime. It has solved all my creasing/smearing/smudging/slipping/sliding/fading eyeshadow problems. But it is pricey, impossible to find on sale, and Ebeneezer Scrooge is in charge of filling the tubes.

So it was with great enthusiasm and optimism that I saw a meh reviewer of the Nars primer proclaim that the cheapo ELF was just as good.

Hell to the no. At least not the mineral version, which is the more highly regarded of the ELF primers.

I was so, so, so pulling for the ELF. But I did a scientific experiment (yes, I live dangerously): In the morning I put ELF on one eyelid and Nars on the other. All the rest of the makeup/eyeshadow routine was identical. At the end of the day, it wasn't even close. On a scale of 1 to 10, with Nars scoring a 10 in performance, ELF eeked out a 5. After a full day's work, there was zero creasing and slight eyeshadow fading on the Nars side. The ELF side showed a prominent crease, no shadow/pigment directly above and below the crease, and the rest of the shadow looked a greased out and much more faded.

I love me my ELF, but I won't be buying this primer again. I can see how it's a respectable performer and you can't beat the price. But for those with greasy lids who need nothing less than primer big guns, I suggest you pass on this ELF.

I have extremely oily skin and it's even worse on my eyelids. This primer did not work at all. My eyeliner and eye shadow still smudged after an hour, and wearing this primer was not different from not wearing any primer. I would not buy it again.

Does what it's supposed to. I do get occasional creasing after a long 12 hour work day... But that is a loooooooong time to be wearing eye makeup. Too faced shadow insurance will last 16. But for one dollar I have no complaints what so ever!! This stuff is awesome. Save yourself some $$ ladies!

on 4/25/2011 8:46:00 AM

This doesn't work for me. I've already tried the regular ELF Eyelid Primer and it was just ok, didn't stop my eyeshadow from creasing for more than 4 hours, but it was ok for the price. I was hoping this one would work better, but it doesn't. I actually prefer the regular one because this one is very liquidy and my eyeshadow creases within two hours.

on 4/24/2011 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Why did this not work for me? Did I get a dud? After reading all the great reviews here I decided to try it out and bought it from the UK site for 3 + shipping to Ireland. It's really cheap when compared to my favourite eye shadow primer (NARS) which costs about 24.

I was a bit shocked to discover how oily the primer felt on my skin the first time I used it, but thought that maybe that was the way it was meant to be. However, that also meant that after 2 hours my eyeshadow was completely gone into my crease, not a trace of it left on my actual eye lid.

In my folly I bought two of these thinking it would be my new HG eyeshadow primer (plus I didn't want to pay for shipping an extra time) so now I'm stuck with two eyeshadow primers I can't use! I just can't believe everybody else seems to love this and it's absolutely terrible on me... I think I'll try the second tube to see if the first one perhaps was faulty and I'll update this review if the second tube works better.