e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a pointless product if you own concealer, because it's just as effective as using concealer for an eyeshadow primer. It works just fine, but not as good as UD eyeshadow primer. It will get you through an 8 hour day with just minimal creasing, but won't last into that evening all that well.

Yeah, it's cheap, but why bother? If your goal is to save money, just use your concealer. If your goal is eyeshadow that lasts forever, there are better products.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I started using this out of curiosity (Target had just started carrying thia brand) and I was already using some UD primer my mom gave me, idk what it was sorry. And this was better! It wasn't heavy or sticky and did the job. And only $1! I gifted these to friends and family like no other, could not stop singung its praises.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Are you kidding me? I have the oiliest eyelids and I went through a dozen high end primers before I found my holy grail at Target?

*Price: Spare change.
*Packaging: Cheap, not cute, but that's the least of my concerns. A standard tube and lipgloss-like applicator.
*Product: Creamy, dries quickly so you have to spread it fast. It's not clear, it's got a sort of pale tint to it that I don't really care for, but it'll be covered by eyeshadow, anyway.
*Positives: Keeps the eyelids dry, keeps the eyeshadows from creasing, and thus, prolongs the wear. It isn't so sticky that it's difficult to blend shadows on top of, but sticky enough to hold the colour.
*Negatives: While it's not clear, it's not pigmented enough to provide a bright base for your shadows the way a Mac paint pot would (remedied by putting down a skin-toned eyeshadow all over the lid after application). Another negative is that I have a bunch of other eyeshadow primers that will continue to lay untouched while ELF continues to make this one.

While there are more expensive primers that do the same thing that this one does, and maybe better, the fact that this does what I need it to do, at the price it currently is, I don't think I'll ever stop repurchasing.

I've been using this product intermittently for at least a year or so. The only other eyelid primers I've tried are from the elf line. I may update this after I use my urban decay primer sample.

Pros:
-I have oily lids and this stuff keeps eyeliner and eyeshadow intact that nothing I've ever used before, yay!
-It's cheap, like all elf products. Double yay!
-Compact skinny packaging great for stuffing into a travel-sized make up bag. Triple yay!

Cons:
-....none?

Vs other primers:
-It's been a while but I think the only other primer I've tried is the elf studio one that comes in stick form on one end and a liner sealer on the other end. That product was a flop because it smeared everywhere and got really greasy and doesn't even compare to this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

If you have oily eyelids like I do, this probably won't work for you. The first time I tried this, I applied a little too much, and my eyeshadow creased and was a greasy mess in less than an hour. The next few times I tried it, I used less, and it lasted a bit longer, but it still creased in about 2 - 3 hours.

on 2/19/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this a while ago and initially it creased on me. I didn't use it again until I was experimenting with using concealer under my eyes to hold shadow, and because of its thin consistency I thought it might work well.

I have actually started using it quite a bit, as an alternative to Nars. I pat it on my lids in thin layers and allow it to dry and it doesn't crease at all. It is tinted so It gives my lids a nice even base to apply shadow on, and it is very easy to work with shadow on top of it. And it also works really well as an undereye primer.

In short, well worth the $3, and it stands up well with high end brands in my concealer collection. Highly recommended.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's okay as a cheap eyelid primer. However, it start creasing a bit after a few hours.
I also get the trouble, that it applies kind of oily when i start using it after i haven't used it for a long time, and i have this problem with other eyelid primers as well. I think that contributes to the creasing.

It's better than wearing no eyelid primer, though. The creasing is truely less than when not wearing anything.

on 11/18/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Buy this..I'm just telling you all. You won't believe how good it works. It's a $3..And it comes in a lot of ELF eye kits. I've gpt old crepey eyelids and this hides it well.

on 7/16/2013 8:43:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

this product is perfect, my sister and i went out for all night our eye make up stayed exactly the same, we even napped for few hours. we are both combo skins.
tried few other products we all went back for this magic eye primer.

on 12/13/2012 8:43:00 AM

Ouch. Burn. Ick. Not in that order. First of all, I think it is quite a watery product. Too thin. Second, I applied it, and when I then went to put eyeshadow on, the primer itself was creased. I had put a thin layer on, just as I do with Urban Decay, for instance. But the burning. Oh my, did it hurt. I thought it would let up, so I applied the rest of my eye makeup. But it got worse. I had to take off my makeup and start over.

I won't give a really bad rating to a product that I have a reaction to. I realize that any product, no matter the quality, can cause a reaction in a certain number of people. But the consistency and the fact that it creased as quick as I put it on, well, that did it for me. The burning and pain were just the icing on the cake.