e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Some primers are so hard to blend eyeshadows over because they stay so tacky even when they dry. I'm giving the hairy eyeball to the Too Faced lash insurance primer. Not this one. Eyeshadows blend easily and look significantly more vivid than they do on a naked lid. It also makes my eyeliner look blacker. It keeps all of my eye makeup on as long as I want it to be on, 8 hours or longer. The primer is slightly tinted, so on days I don't feel like wearing any shadow, this brightens up my eyelids because I have that veiny thing going on. By itself, it seems to catch the light somehow, without being noticeably shiny or shimmery. It just kind of "glows". It's very pretty. Also, am I the only one who thinks this smells really good? I don't think scent is even one of the ingredients but I swear this smells like vanilla cupcakes to me. Anyway, here we have the best primer on the market. I do wish there was more product in the tube, but it's cheap to replace.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got this at dollar tree, I love it. I use it every day

on 5/18/2016 2:31:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This was the first eyeshadow primer I'd ever used...$3 at Kmart...wow it's amazing! Smooths on easily over my 51-year old eyelids, covers any discolouration nicely (read, not at all cakey or heavy) and my shadow stays put.

I've kissed a few eyelid primer frogs since, but this one really is "the prince".

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very nice and brightening! helped my shadow and liner last all day. its very silky and the price is great.

on 10/15/2014 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

If I'm going to use an elf eye primer for long lasting shadow wear, it will be the glitter primer.
For a primer that gives my eyelids a smooth fresh look and a bit of a boost for shadow wear, the essential is what I use.
The mineral primer just doesn't do anything for me. It's very similar to the essential in application and color, but this leaves my skin a bit dry and shadow creased too much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I have very oily eyelids and always have an issue with my eyeshadow creasing and wearing off throughout the day/night. I don't wear eye makeup very often so I didn't see a need to purchase an expensive eye primer and saw that this primer had great reviews and I also am a fan of ELF products, so I decided to give this a try.

I have a light-medium skintone, so I find that this primer matches my skintone really well, not that it's necessary for your primer to match. It applies on very smoothly onto the eyelid, and it blends in nicely.

I find that this primer really does make my eyeshadow stay on longer and not crease. Sometimes my eyeshadow does crease, but it really depends on what eyeshadow I use. I find that some eyeshadows are just more prone to creasing even with the primer.

The packaging is similar to a lipgloss, long tube with a doe foot applicator. I have applied the primer on directly onto my eyelids with the applicator, but I found that after a while the primer didn't work as well. I think it was because the oils from my eyelids got on the applicator and mixed with the primer, so I apply the primer onto a brush and then use the brush on my eyelids. This seems to work better and it's also a lot more sanitary.

If I really want to make sure my eye makeup stays put all day, I use this primer with the ELF Makeup Lock & Seal. This combination keeps my eye makeup on all day!

Overall, I really like this primer! If it works for this oily lid girl, it will surely work out for you. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great primer at a great price!

I've been using this product intermittently for at least a year or so. The only other eyelid primers I've tried are from the elf line. I may update this after I use my urban decay primer sample.

Pros:
-I have oily lids and this stuff keeps eyeliner and eyeshadow intact that nothing I've ever used before, yay!
-It's cheap, like all elf products. Double yay!
-Compact skinny packaging great for stuffing into a travel-sized make up bag. Triple yay!

Cons:
-....none?

Vs other primers:
-It's been a while but I think the only other primer I've tried is the elf studio one that comes in stick form on one end and a liner sealer on the other end. That product was a flop because it smeared everywhere and got really greasy and doesn't even compare to this product.

on 2/19/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this a while ago and initially it creased on me. I didn't use it again until I was experimenting with using concealer under my eyes to hold shadow, and because of its thin consistency I thought it might work well.

I have actually started using it quite a bit, as an alternative to Nars. I pat it on my lids in thin layers and allow it to dry and it doesn't crease at all. It is tinted so It gives my lids a nice even base to apply shadow on, and it is very easy to work with shadow on top of it. And it also works really well as an undereye primer.

In short, well worth the $3, and it stands up well with high end brands in my concealer collection. Highly recommended.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros: price, packaging. Cons: starts creasing after a few hours. I do like this product. You can't beat the price, but it just doesn't do it for me. I prefer the 24 hour color tattoo by Maybelline.

on 11/18/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Buy this..I'm just telling you all. You won't believe how good it works. It's a $3..And it comes in a lot of ELF eye kits. I've gpt old crepey eyelids and this hides it well.