e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Other
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

I will give this a qualified yes based in it's performance. It helps eye shadow stick to your lids and makes your look long wearing beautifully.

However, it gave me a dermatitis outbreak on my lids. If you don't get the same reaction, good for you. But it does perform well as a shadow base. I, myself, wont buy it again based on the reaction I had but I will still recommend it if you don't experience that problem.

If you do react the way I did, some OTC hydra cortisone carefully applied to your lids will clear it up in two days.

on 4/15/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

liquidy, goes on so well, stays ages, easy to apply, cheap miracle that works!

on 2/25/2011 10:59:00 AM

cann't without that! very effective, easy buying price. maybe need some time to adjust the way you applying that.

on 2/19/2011 2:14:00 PM

I have oily lids. UDPP works great on me. The now discontinued L'oreal HIP "paints" in a tube also do a very good job.
I tried both of the eyeshadow primers ELF has now. I tried the ELF Mineral primer for $3 and also the regular ELF primer for $1. The one for a $1 worked better for me, but that is not saying much.

The shadows show up okay, but they crease after about 4 hours. I tried different techniques (a little dab, a lot, leaving it a bit wet, letting it completely dry, etc.) and none of those techniques worked.

Glad it didn't cost too much, but staying power is not good on my oily eyelids.

I did a test between this and UDPP and this held its own against the UDPP. I didn't see any difference between the two by the end of nine hours of hard work at home and twelve hours at the office. One thing I don't like is the packaging, I can't seem to see how much is left. This has a doefoot applicator like UDPP, and is half the size. However for $3 US compared to UDPP $18 US two packages are less than half of one UDPP. I will buy this again as long as they don't change the formula.

on 8/1/2010 2:09:00 AM

I use this with my high end shadows because those are the only one's this works with. It holds shadow pretty well, but begins to crease after 1-3 hours with cheap shadow. I'd rather buy inexpensive eye shadow and an expensive primer than the other way around, which is why I go with UDPP.

Basically,
e.l.f. = expensive shadow
UDPP = All shadow

Buying UDPP will save you in the long run.

on 7/11/2010 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE This Primer It Worked Great For Me I've Never Tried UDPP Or Any Other Eye Primer Besides Neutrogena Soothing Tints... That Didn't Work Out! When I first Used It I thought that it wouldn't work because it's so light but after trying it again and blending it out it worked wonders, My Eye Shadow Stayed on and Stayed True! I Got it for A buck! Also Another thing to look out for is coupon codes to use on E.L.F They Have a ton such as FREEFIVE Which takes five dollars off of your order just look them up on retailmenot.com they have awesome coupon codes!