e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Some primers are so hard to blend eyeshadows over because they stay so tacky even when they dry. I'm giving the hairy eyeball to the Too Faced lash insurance primer. Not this one. Eyeshadows blend easily and look significantly more vivid than they do on a naked lid. It also makes my eyeliner look blacker. It keeps all of my eye makeup on as long as I want it to be on, 8 hours or longer. The primer is slightly tinted, so on days I don't feel like wearing any shadow, this brightens up my eyelids because I have that veiny thing going on. By itself, it seems to catch the light somehow, without being noticeably shiny or shimmery. It just kind of "glows". It's very pretty. Also, am I the only one who thinks this smells really good? I don't think scent is even one of the ingredients but I swear this smells like vanilla cupcakes to me. Anyway, here we have the best primer on the market. I do wish there was more product in the tube, but it's cheap to replace.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got this at dollar tree, I love it. I use it every day

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I started using this out of curiosity (Target had just started carrying thia brand) and I was already using some UD primer my mom gave me, idk what it was sorry. And this was better! It wasn't heavy or sticky and did the job. And only $1! I gifted these to friends and family like no other, could not stop singung its praises.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Are you kidding me? I have the oiliest eyelids and I went through a dozen high end primers before I found my holy grail at Target?

*Price: Spare change.
*Packaging: Cheap, not cute, but that's the least of my concerns. A standard tube and lipgloss-like applicator.
*Product: Creamy, dries quickly so you have to spread it fast. It's not clear, it's got a sort of pale tint to it that I don't really care for, but it'll be covered by eyeshadow, anyway.
*Positives: Keeps the eyelids dry, keeps the eyeshadows from creasing, and thus, prolongs the wear. It isn't so sticky that it's difficult to blend shadows on top of, but sticky enough to hold the colour.
*Negatives: While it's not clear, it's not pigmented enough to provide a bright base for your shadows the way a Mac paint pot would (remedied by putting down a skin-toned eyeshadow all over the lid after application). Another negative is that I have a bunch of other eyeshadow primers that will continue to lay untouched while ELF continues to make this one.

While there are more expensive primers that do the same thing that this one does, and maybe better, the fact that this does what I need it to do, at the price it currently is, I don't think I'll ever stop repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I have very oily eyelids and always have an issue with my eyeshadow creasing and wearing off throughout the day/night. I don't wear eye makeup very often so I didn't see a need to purchase an expensive eye primer and saw that this primer had great reviews and I also am a fan of ELF products, so I decided to give this a try.

I have a light-medium skintone, so I find that this primer matches my skintone really well, not that it's necessary for your primer to match. It applies on very smoothly onto the eyelid, and it blends in nicely.

I find that this primer really does make my eyeshadow stay on longer and not crease. Sometimes my eyeshadow does crease, but it really depends on what eyeshadow I use. I find that some eyeshadows are just more prone to creasing even with the primer.

The packaging is similar to a lipgloss, long tube with a doe foot applicator. I have applied the primer on directly onto my eyelids with the applicator, but I found that after a while the primer didn't work as well. I think it was because the oils from my eyelids got on the applicator and mixed with the primer, so I apply the primer onto a brush and then use the brush on my eyelids. This seems to work better and it's also a lot more sanitary.

If I really want to make sure my eye makeup stays put all day, I use this primer with the ELF Makeup Lock & Seal. This combination keeps my eye makeup on all day!

Overall, I really like this primer! If it works for this oily lid girl, it will surely work out for you. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great primer at a great price!

on 9/1/2014 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

BEST THING EVER! THIS IS NOT HYPE, OVERRATED OR SOMETHING THIS PRODUCT LAST FOREVER I LOVE IT. I FALL A SLEEP WITH MY EYESHADOW ON AND IT WAS STILL IN PLACE WHEN I WOKE UP. AND WENT TO WORK, MY BOSS COMMENTED MY EYESHADOW AND SAID IT LOOK SO GREAT, AND I MEET 6 TO 4 PM. IT IS THE BEST AND I WOULD NEVER USE SOMETHING ELSE!

I've been using this product intermittently for at least a year or so. The only other eyelid primers I've tried are from the elf line. I may update this after I use my urban decay primer sample.

Pros:
-I have oily lids and this stuff keeps eyeliner and eyeshadow intact that nothing I've ever used before, yay!
-It's cheap, like all elf products. Double yay!
-Compact skinny packaging great for stuffing into a travel-sized make up bag. Triple yay!

Cons:
-....none?

Vs other primers:
-It's been a while but I think the only other primer I've tried is the elf studio one that comes in stick form on one end and a liner sealer on the other end. That product was a flop because it smeared everywhere and got really greasy and doesn't even compare to this product.

on 2/19/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this a while ago and initially it creased on me. I didn't use it again until I was experimenting with using concealer under my eyes to hold shadow, and because of its thin consistency I thought it might work well.

I have actually started using it quite a bit, as an alternative to Nars. I pat it on my lids in thin layers and allow it to dry and it doesn't crease at all. It is tinted so It gives my lids a nice even base to apply shadow on, and it is very easy to work with shadow on top of it. And it also works really well as an undereye primer.

In short, well worth the $3, and it stands up well with high end brands in my concealer collection. Highly recommended.

on 11/26/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! I have had it for almost a year, use it everyday, and I'm just now starting to run low! Lasted a very long time. Anyways, it keeps my eyeshadow lasting for a LONG time! Kept it perfect for 24 hours on my homecoming day, even after being slept on! And it's very inexpensive.

on 11/26/2013 6:57:00 AM

I would buy this product ALL OVER AGAIN. I love how it keeps my eyelid matte and it conceals the subtle veins on my lids and my eyeshadows stay put with this! Amazing!!!