e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 5/30/2013 2:49:00 PM

I bought this because it was cheap. It was kind of oily and made my eye shadow crease more than when I had nothing on. I definitely wouldn't repurchase this one but because of the price I would say at least worth a try, maybe my trash would be someone else's treasure!

on 5/16/2013 7:43:00 PM

I was excited to try this out after hearing great reviews about it but I'm really disappointed. I've tried the NYX and the Too Faced Shadow Insurance ones before and they are both very tacky and grab on shadow fantastically. I felt that the elf one really didn't help my eyeshadows stick...it felt as if I was putting them on sans primer. It didn't prolong the eyeshadow length and wear was only about 3-4 hours. My shadows didn't crease but that's about the only good thing for this product along with its price.

on 12/13/2012 8:43:00 AM

Ouch. Burn. Ick. Not in that order. First of all, I think it is quite a watery product. Too thin. Second, I applied it, and when I then went to put eyeshadow on, the primer itself was creased. I had put a thin layer on, just as I do with Urban Decay, for instance. But the burning. Oh my, did it hurt. I thought it would let up, so I applied the rest of my eye makeup. But it got worse. I had to take off my makeup and start over.

I won't give a really bad rating to a product that I have a reaction to. I realize that any product, no matter the quality, can cause a reaction in a certain number of people. But the consistency and the fact that it creased as quick as I put it on, well, that did it for me. The burning and pain were just the icing on the cake.

on 10/18/2012 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This doesn't really deliver the results I expect from an eyelid primer. It makes it difficult to blend shadows and they become blotchy in spots. At times it causes my eyelids to itch and my eyes to water. I also noticed that it pools in the outer corners, leaving this whitish liquid there.

I do like the tube and the doe tip applicator. I'm going to use this for my when I make my lip gloss or some eye moisturizer.

I have extremely oily skin and it's even worse on my eyelids. This primer did not work at all. My eyeliner and eye shadow still smudged after an hour, and wearing this primer was not different from not wearing any primer. I would not buy it again.

on 3/30/2012 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

nothing compared to my HG Urban Decay PP. Too watery, did not create a good base. Eyeshadow creased within an hour of applying. Totally disappointed by this.

on 3/4/2012 2:26:00 AM

I'm on the hunt for an eye primer that won't crease and is pigmented enough to use as a concealer on my lids with no eyeshadow for a natural every day look. Unfortunately, this creased quite badly within a couple of hours :( Other than the initial texture, I saw no difference between the regular $1 ELF primer and the $3 one - both of them creased.

on 5/14/2011 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyelid primer may only be a dollar but it stinks.First of all I bought it and as soon asit arrivedc via mail I opened it and it was already dried out!Now it is not the point of the dollar but just the principal how long did they have it lying around? I would never purchase it again personally I prefer Sally Hansen Natural Beauty eyeshadow base is is a cakelike pan bujt goes on beautiful and for only 9.00

on 4/25/2011 8:46:00 AM

This doesn't work for me. I've already tried the regular ELF Eyelid Primer and it was just ok, didn't stop my eyeshadow from creasing for more than 4 hours, but it was ok for the price. I was hoping this one would work better, but it doesn't. I actually prefer the regular one because this one is very liquidy and my eyeshadow creases within two hours.

on 4/24/2011 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Why did this not work for me? Did I get a dud? After reading all the great reviews here I decided to try it out and bought it from the UK site for 3 + shipping to Ireland. It's really cheap when compared to my favourite eye shadow primer (NARS) which costs about 24.

I was a bit shocked to discover how oily the primer felt on my skin the first time I used it, but thought that maybe that was the way it was meant to be. However, that also meant that after 2 hours my eyeshadow was completely gone into my crease, not a trace of it left on my actual eye lid.

In my folly I bought two of these thinking it would be my new HG eyeshadow primer (plus I didn't want to pay for shipping an extra time) so now I'm stuck with two eyeshadow primers I can't use! I just can't believe everybody else seems to love this and it's absolutely terrible on me... I think I'll try the second tube to see if the first one perhaps was faulty and I'll update this review if the second tube works better.