e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/24/2009 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I WILL NEVER PAY $17 FOR AN EYE PRIMER AGAIN! Ahem. Sorry for the caps, ya'll, but seriously! This stuff is the shiz!

Yesterday was the ultimate test. I put UDPP on one eye, and the E.L.F on the other, and then a couple eyeshadows. When I got home, they both still looked *exactly* as they had when first applied. I could tell no difference. The E.L.F. did NOT crease, and it made my eyeshadows just as vibrant as the UDPP.

And OMFG, packaging that makes sense! A straight tube, with a straight wand! Genius! You'll never have cut this baby open because of it's RIDICULOUS packaging. (UDPP I am looking at you!)

And the price is positively orgasmic. You could buy, like, 5 and a half of these for the price of one bottle of UDPP. And you know what, E.L.F. has some other great (CHEAP) stuff too, if you feel like you have to round out an order to justify shipping. If you haven't made an E.L.F. order yet, please do now! You HAVE to try this stuff!

Would I repurchase? YES, YES, A MILLION TIMES YES! :-D

(EDIT 4/23/2010): After using this for quite some time I've found it works very well with dry shadows. But if you try to foil, you'll get creasing. Better go with something more heavy duty if you plan to foil.

God bless the people at ELF who made this product! It is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing, especially for just $3.00! I'll start by saying that I have very oily eyelids. Without a primer my eyeshadow creases within 2-3 hours. With ELF's Mineral Primer my eyeshadow lasts about 8-9 hours (as long as I'm not out in super hot weather) with only a bit of fading. It stays vibrant most of the day. The primer is totally sheer. The tube I got is kind of watery but I don't know if this is the norm (ELF says they put vitamin a,c, & e, in it, maybe thats what it is?). The tube is clear with a doe foot applicator so you can see how much you have left inside. It easy to blend and you don't need to use a whole lot.

This is a great alternative to UDPP, it works just as well and is $14 cheaper. ELF-MP has .15 oz & UDPP has .34 oz

Below is a photo of ELF-MP on my right eye and UDPP on my left after 5 hours & 10 hours.

INGREDIENTS: Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163). continued >>

on 4/8/2010 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I currently own udpp, regular and sin, the new one from benefit, and three other high end primers. I will not be re-buying any of them. My lids always crease, with all the primers I use, after 3 or so hours. I just got used to using a qtip to smooth my shadow out midday. I've now used this $3 primer (often even cheaper) several days and to my complete shock, there was NO creasing even after 8 hours plus! I'm hooked, and also irritated I've spent sooooo much $ on the other ones. Lastly, it's a regular tube, no cutting a genie shaped bottle apart to access the product. This will be my last experiment, my HG. Finally!!!

on 12/14/2009 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This works really well on brown skin and oily lids. I use it daily. It's also a FANTASTIC LIP PRIMER.

on 11/18/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Buy this..I'm just telling you all. You won't believe how good it works. It's a $3..And it comes in a lot of ELF eye kits. I've gpt old crepey eyelids and this hides it well.

on 3/30/2013 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is an unbelievably good primer and a great example of why it doesn't make much sense to be a high-end make up snob these days.

There used to be a big disparity between make up purchased in department stores versus drugstore brands, but that simply isn't the case anymore. I was buying Urban Decay Primer Potion at $20 a pop until someone turned me on to the Elf primer. It's every bit as good as UDPP, if not BETTER, and I was hesitant to try it because it 'only" cost a buck!

There is no question that Revlon, Cover Girl, and L'oreal upped their games over the last 5 years. Combine that with the introduction of affordable cosmetic brands like Elf, NYX, Milani, NYC, and BH Cosmetics and the beauty landscape has completely changed. Today, you CAN get high end quality at drugstore prices and Elf primer is case and point.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought two of these online on one of elf's '50% off the whole site' sales. At first, I doubted the power of these primers, since they were so cheap. So I left it there for maybe.. 2 months?
The first time I used it was at one of Katy Perry's concerts. Since I wanted my color to be extra bold, I dampened the brush i was using and applied the eyeshadow around 12 noon, and went to a friend's house.
We arrived at the concert grounds at around 3pm, and from there, we started to walk EVERYWHERE. It was a hot day, and my eyes are EXTREMELY oily, so automatically, I thought I should reapply some of my makeup.
When I finally went to a nearby starbucks's restroom, I was surprised to see that nothing had budged, even with the eyeshadow that was applied onto my waterline.
At 8:00pm, the concert started.
I'm not one of those people who like to sit down and watch silently. I danced and jumped and sweated my butt off.
The concert ended up finishing at 11:30 pm, which meant 3 hours and 30 minutes of heavy dancing and sweating.
Now this time, I was almost SURE my eyeshadow was melting off my eyelids.
Could you imagine my shock when it STILL hadn't budged, and was almost as vibrant as the first time i applied it?

For the price, it's amazing. The packaging could use a little work, but you know, it's so cheap that you should just buy another one if you're running out.

This is one of those things that makes you go whoa. This is awesome. Now I only used it once but I'm already amazed. Why? Well, I always wear foundation on my eyelids due to uneven color up there. I don't usually wear much, if any, eyeshadow on a daily basis. But my foundatin creases like crazy! I'm always blending it out. (I've been straying from my HG Colorstay with less than desirable results.) But recently I stumbled upon what has become my favorite e/s pallette EVER (Pop Beauty Naked Smolder) and have been dipping into it a lot. But like my foundation it creased badly after a while. I mean oil slick, dissapearing in spots and accumulating in the depths type of creasing. It was gross! But today at about 6 A.M. I put on this primer (I had recieved my order yesterday) and did a REALLY HEAVY smokey eye. I mean, much more than I usually ever wear, in deep greys and silvers. I didnt do anything different on the rest of my face as far as foundation, etc. Well, fast forward through a shift at work, coming home, taking a nap, grocery shopping, getting kids ready for trick or treating, filming and taking pics (with cameras on my eyes) And coming back to work for my second shift; it's almost 8 P.M. and I'm thrilled to report-my eye makeup looks EXACTLY THE SAME as when I put it on at 6 A.M.! I can't say the same for my foundation which is all oily and cakey now. But my eyeshadow has NO creases and the color is still just as smooth and vibrant as it was earlier. I like E.L.F. products; like, not love; But this just blew me away already! I'm not exaggerating. This is amazing! And it didn't irritate my eyes like the HE brands of primers I've tried. I am in shock and I ordered 2 but I'm going to continue to get 1 or 2 nore whenever I order from E.L.F from now on. I truly haven't been as impressed with a product like I am with this in a long time. I'll update if there's a mishap later but for now I'm in love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have a lot of respect for ELF products. Many of them work well for me and I've repurchased several items. I expected to like this primer, in fact I think it's pretty awesome. I'm a drugstore/bargain warehouse makeup kind of gal but the reason that my eyeshadows stay put all day, even after high impact cardio is because I invest in a very good eyeshadow primer. For years I've been using Two Faced Shadow Insurance and have loved the results. I'll say that the ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer rivals TFSI in quality and staying power. Also I really like the wand, helps me to control where I place the primer and works like a dream for applying primer on the lower lash line. The only thing I would say that would give this primer 4 lippies and not 5 is that it's a drier formula than TFSI, for example. If you sometimes get dry patches on the lid, (like I do) this might excacerbate that condtion. I just try to moisturize my lids early on in my application process and also try to blend in the primer quickly so it won't have time to set or flake. All in all, I'm really happy with this product. And at $3 it's a bargain, compared to $18 for the shadow insurance.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Are you kidding me? I have the oiliest eyelids and I went through a dozen high end primers before I found my holy grail at Target?

*Price: Spare change.
*Packaging: Cheap, not cute, but that's the least of my concerns. A standard tube and lipgloss-like applicator.
*Product: Creamy, dries quickly so you have to spread it fast. It's not clear, it's got a sort of pale tint to it that I don't really care for, but it'll be covered by eyeshadow, anyway.
*Positives: Keeps the eyelids dry, keeps the eyeshadows from creasing, and thus, prolongs the wear. It isn't so sticky that it's difficult to blend shadows on top of, but sticky enough to hold the colour.
*Negatives: While it's not clear, it's not pigmented enough to provide a bright base for your shadows the way a Mac paint pot would (remedied by putting down a skin-toned eyeshadow all over the lid after application). Another negative is that I have a bunch of other eyeshadow primers that will continue to lay untouched while ELF continues to make this one.

While there are more expensive primers that do the same thing that this one does, and maybe better, the fact that this does what I need it to do, at the price it currently is, I don't think I'll ever stop repurchasing.