e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

God bless the people at ELF who made this product! It is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing, especially for just $3.00! I'll start by saying that I have very oily eyelids. Without a primer my eyeshadow creases within 2-3 hours. With ELF's Mineral Primer my eyeshadow lasts about 8-9 hours (as long as I'm not out in super hot weather) with only a bit of fading. It stays vibrant most of the day. The primer is totally sheer. The tube I got is kind of watery but I don't know if this is the norm (ELF says they put vitamin a,c, & e, in it, maybe thats what it is?). The tube is clear with a doe foot applicator so you can see how much you have left inside. It easy to blend and you don't need to use a whole lot.

This is a great alternative to UDPP, it works just as well and is $14 cheaper. ELF-MP has .15 oz & UDPP has .34 oz

Below is a photo of ELF-MP on my right eye and UDPP on my left after 5 hours & 10 hours.

INGREDIENTS: Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163). continued >>

on 8/12/2009 1:34:00 AM

This is an awesome primer. It is the size of a lipgloss and has a doe foot applicator. it keeps my shadow from creasing all day. And since the its only $3.00 theres no reason not to hate on it. The people at ELF really did a great job when it comes to this primer!

on 8/12/2009 1:46:00 PM

This is a great eyeshadow primer!! It keeps my eyeshadows from creasing pretty much the entire day (not as long during these humid summer days) and keeps my eyeliner from smearing all around my eyes. Some people had complained that the eyeshadow primer was a bit water but I find that as long as you put on a little and gently blend it in with your finger, the "watery-ness" is no problem. It may go on watery but it ends with a silky finish. Just wait about 30 seconds after applying before applying shadow (I use this time to curl my lashes).

And it's only three dollars. Give it a try.

Oh My God. This eyeshadow primer is comparably to UDPP. But better! It is only $3 and my eyeshadow stays on ALL DAY.
for only $3! This product is a must have.

on 8/21/2009 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using UDPP for months now and have liked it, saw this and wanted to give it a try. I cannot even tell a difference between the two! Looks and applies the same, my eye shadow doesn't crease or budge at all just like it doesn't with my UDPP, but this is a fraction of the price at $3! Really though, give this stuff a go, for $3 bucks even if you don't like it for whatever reason you aren't losing a lot of money! I love this stuff!!! Try it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Move over UDPP, there's a new primer in town. This is the MUST HAVE product from ELF. It lasts all day with no creasing and only costs $3.

on 8/23/2009 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: Move over, UDPP; I have a new HG eyeshadow primer! Bought three of these at the recent E.L.F. sale for a pittance and tried it yesterday. It is more watery than UDPP, so you have to spread it evenly over the lid and wait a little bit longer than UDPP's dry time, but it's not a big difference. It dries to a sheer finish. I don't have dry eyelids, so I can't address that complaint that some MUAers have voiced about UDPP. I also don't wear color in the crease, so I can't speak to crease protection either. To test the mineral primer, I did one eyelid with UDPP and eyeshadow and the other eyelid with the mineral primer and the same eyeshadow. Applied at noon, and neither side had worn off by 8 pm. However, the E.L.F. eyelid applied deeper, and stayed deeper, as the night wore on. In contrast, the UDPP eyelid had started to fade a little bit in the inner corner. Might seem like a minor difference if you don't take into account the ***$14*** retail difference between the two (obviously in the favor of the E.L.F. primer). Factor in the 75% discount from the recent E.L.F. sale, and that makes it $.75 a pop, and no freakishly shaped tube to deal with either! I will NEVER use another eyeshadow primer again!
Where did I buy this: E.L.F. Web site.
Price: A whopping $.75. Regular retail is $3.00.
Packaging: Wand-type tube with doe-foot applicator.
Would I buy again: Yes, over and over again! continued >>

I agree with what has already been said: it's thinner than UDPP, but it works just as well. It's a smaller package, but you can buy 5 of them for less than the cost of one tube of UDPP. Great find!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MY HG product!......OMGGGG...this primer WORKS!!!"..my eyeshadow stayed on for the whole day !!!!..it also made the shadow look more vibrant and pretty!......once again another amazing product from e.l.f.!..it just keeps on getting better!...

on 9/3/2009 4:24:00 PM

I'm not going to lie, I was not expecting this product to be very good due to the fact that it was so cheap and the Coastal Scents primer sucks. But this is amazing! It is nearly as good UDPP or Two Faced Shadow Insurance. I like the packaging for this unlike UDPP. It does come with less than UDPP or Two Faced, but you can always buy two of the E.L.F. primers for $6 and it would still be less than the other two brands. It does crease at the very end of the day, like at 8 at night, but I do my make-up at 6 in the morning so I'm usually in after 8.
Try this product. You will love it.