E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow PrimerMineral Eyeshadow PrimerMineral Eyeshadow PrimerMineral Eyeshadow Primer

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Some primers are so hard to blend eyeshadows over because they stay so tacky even when they dry. I'm giving the hairy eyeball to the Too Faced lash insurance primer. Not this one. Eyeshadows blend easily and look significantly more vivid than they do on a naked lid. It also makes my eyeliner look blacker. It keeps all of my eye makeup on as long as I want it to be on, 8 hours or longer. The primer is slightly tinted, so on days I don't feel like wearing any shadow, this brightens up my eyelids because I have that veiny thing going on. By itself, it seems to catch the light somehow, without being noticeably shiny or shimmery. It just kind of "glows". It's very pretty. Also, am I the only one who thinks this smells really good? I don't think scent is even one of the ingredients but I swear this smells like vanilla cupcakes to me. Anyway, here we have the best primer on the market. I do wish there was more product in the tube, but it's cheap to replace.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got this at dollar tree, I love it. I use it every day

on 5/18/2016 2:31:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This was the first eyeshadow primer I'd ever used...$3 at Kmart...wow it's amazing! Smooths on easily over my 51-year old eyelids, covers any discolouration nicely (read, not at all cakey or heavy) and my shadow stays put.

I've kissed a few eyelid primer frogs since, but this one really is "the prince".

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

As many of the other reviews says, you can probably just use a concealer and get the same result. But since i have really bad dark circles i´m actually using this under my eyes. First i´ll take my ordinary concealer (maybelline fit me concealer) and then i´m taking a thin layer of this primer, and it works great! My under eye makeup lasts much longer and since the primer is mineral infused it gets a litte highlighted. Overall i´m really happy with this product and it´s totally worth the price!! Bought it in Sweden for 3 bucks, i think. Really recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very nice and brightening! helped my shadow and liner last all day. its very silky and the price is great.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have oily skin and tend to get oily throughout the day. So I always try to purchase waterproof or long lasting makeup.

My HG eyeshadow primer is the Nars pro prime smudge proof eyeshadow primer. That one costs about $25 but it does last a very long time. I wanted to try a drugstore alternative so I found the elf eyeshadow primer at Target.

I picked up the "sheer" shade, which does have a light beige tint to it. So if you have any discoloration on your lids, it will cover it a bit.

Pros:
- inexpensive ($2)
- can be found at local Targets
- little product goes a long way so I can see this product lasting long in my makeup bag.

Cons:
- I have oily lids. This didn't last very well grouch out the day. I think after 5 hours, I noticed my eyeshadow transferring and moving around on my kids.
- wand has too much product on it so I end up using only a dot per lid
- when applied to Lids, it takes awhile to dry. So make sure you lay down a base color to set before applying actual eyeshadow color. This will make blending and application easier.

Overall, although this product is cheaper compared to the Nars product, I wouldn't repurchase only because when I wear makeup, I want to insure that everything stays in place throughout the night without me having to check up on it.

But if you are Looking for a good drugstore eyeshadow primer, this elf one is alright.

Edit 11/8/15: wouldn't repurchase this product because I'm suspecting that this makes my eyelids super dry after use.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a pointless product if you own concealer, because it's just as effective as using concealer for an eyeshadow primer. It works just fine, but not as good as UD eyeshadow primer. It will get you through an 8 hour day with just minimal creasing, but won't last into that evening all that well.

Yeah, it's cheap, but why bother? If your goal is to save money, just use your concealer. If your goal is eyeshadow that lasts forever, there are better products.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I started using this out of curiosity (Target had just started carrying thia brand) and I was already using some UD primer my mom gave me, idk what it was sorry. And this was better! It wasn't heavy or sticky and did the job. And only $1! I gifted these to friends and family like no other, could not stop singung its praises.

I love my urban decay eye primer but this is a close second for me. For the price it works better then most primers I have bought at sephora! I do feel like there is a bit of a stinging sensation when i first put it on

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Are you kidding me? I have the oiliest eyelids and I went through a dozen high end primers before I found my holy grail at Target?

*Price: Spare change.
*Packaging: Cheap, not cute, but that's the least of my concerns. A standard tube and lipgloss-like applicator.
*Product: Creamy, dries quickly so you have to spread it fast. It's not clear, it's got a sort of pale tint to it that I don't really care for, but it'll be covered by eyeshadow, anyway.
*Positives: Keeps the eyelids dry, keeps the eyeshadows from creasing, and thus, prolongs the wear. It isn't so sticky that it's difficult to blend shadows on top of, but sticky enough to hold the colour.
*Negatives: While it's not clear, it's not pigmented enough to provide a bright base for your shadows the way a Mac paint pot would (remedied by putting down a skin-toned eyeshadow all over the lid after application). Another negative is that I have a bunch of other eyeshadow primers that will continue to lay untouched while ELF continues to make this one.

While there are more expensive primers that do the same thing that this one does, and maybe better, the fact that this does what I need it to do, at the price it currently is, I don't think I'll ever stop repurchasing.