e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

I love my urban decay eye primer but this is a close second for me. For the price it works better then most primers I have bought at sephora! I do feel like there is a bit of a stinging sensation when i first put it on

on 1/8/2013 5:31:00 PM

Fantastic primer that does the job! ive tried UD and its very similar and i get the same results.

Ive had mine for ages.. it lasts that long and its dirt cheap. I live in Australia so i bought mine on Ebay for $6 which is still good. I like the doe foot applicator!

i wouldn't say this primer is the best but it does a good job. you can tell the diffrense emensly and for the simple price i wouldn't mind repurchasing it.

on 12/19/2012 12:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

at first i used to switch between elf's eyelid primer and urban decay's depending on how much i ll spend and the type of occasions i m about to attend then i was looking up the internet when i read the amazing reviews and that it is full of healthy vitamines so i gave it a go and WOW....here is why:
very light weight
easily blendable
though sheer helps to cover discoloration arround my eyes
as good as UD in holding the shadow in place
cheap dirt
my only prblem is that i never found that one primer that keeps my shadow fresh not just there after 8 hours of hard work but so far this is one of the best.

on 11/24/2012 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased this product during a sale on the E.L.F. website and I will comment that I think in terms of price - this is a very affordable product.

I purchased it for less than $3.00.

Packaging - I'm not a fan of primers that come with wands. The packaging is nude colored, so you can't tell how much product is left in the tube.

Overall, I think you get a better value with primers that come in tubes or jars.

I don't like the consistency of the primer, personally, but, shadows are longer lasting when I use this primer as opposed to wearing shadows without the primer. It works, I just don't find it comparable in quality to Urban Decay primer potion or Too Faced Shadow insurance.

If one is looking for a less expensive primer, L'Oreal Shadow Insurance is a great one, although, that too comes with an applicator, but, you can see how my much product is left and I do find it of better quality, which, in my opinion, justifies the additional price.

Hands down, i think that Urban Decay and Too Faced make better primer products and I'm inclined to pay more, as a little goes a long way and quality surpasses that of of some of the less expensive primers.

This is just my opinion, of course. If you're looking for something affordable that works, without bells and whistles...this product may suffice.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I usually dab this on with the doe foot applicator but once I used my fingers and I understood what some of the other reviewers were saying- it feels really oily and a bit icky (so i try not to touch it) It's counter intutive that you would put on something oily to eliminate the effects of oily eyelids- but it actually works! I first tried it for a friends birthday. Usually I expect my eye make up to fade and smudge from day to night but my makeup looked fresh and my eyeshadow looked exactly how it was when i first applied it. My eyehsadow did not budge. This is the first primer I have tried and so I can't compare it to others. I am wary of trying other brands as I have sensitive skin so need to be careful. I love that this is gentle on my eyes and is paraban free. I gave it a 4 for packagaing as while it functions well it's in a no frills tube. I also love the price- a bargin compared to other brands. i I have knocked a lippie off though because while this keeps my eyeshadow in place it doesn't seem to make eyeshadows look any brighter. But i would definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Meh,it's okay but,that's the issue it's just OK! A bit watery for me,my shadows crease some with this primer,and it takes a while to blend and dry on the lid. However for $3 I don't think you can go wrong if you are on a budget like muah :)

on 3/15/2012 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i updated my review after having tried the application that was suggested by one of the reviewers. so, i apply it now in a thin layer. it still feels very greasy but i leave it settle down for a while and then i apply my eyeshadow. it works definitely much better this way. but for some eyeshadows i still need a touch up during the day.

on 11/27/2011 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great eye shadow primer for the price. I have used Sephora brand primer and Urban decays. Works almost as well as the more expensive primers. So for everyday use I use my elf primer. Special occasions I whip out the Urban Decay.

on 11/27/2011 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love the Urban Decay Primer Potion but it is too heavy duty and costly for everyday use. I decided to purchase a more natural primer and this one had good ratings. It is so darn cheap, i said what the hell I'll try it. This beyond exceeded my expectations, I have to say it does a good job at keeping the makeup in place all day. However, it is not as good as the UDPP on the long run. I have slept a few times with my makeup and in the morning the makeup had run whereas with UDPP it stays in place overnight. I know this information is meaningless since no sleeps with their makeup but just thought I would say it lasts all day but not 24h. Will definitely repurchase. Good job ELF:)