e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29
e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]
Enter TitleMineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]Mineral Eyeshadow Primer [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have oily skin and tend to get oily throughout the day. So I always try to purchase waterproof or long lasting makeup.

My HG eyeshadow primer is the Nars pro prime smudge proof eyeshadow primer. That one costs about $25 but it does last a very long time. I wanted to try a drugstore alternative so I found the elf eyeshadow primer at Target.

I picked up the "sheer" shade, which does have a light beige tint to it. So if you have any discoloration on your lids, it will cover it a bit.

Pros:
- inexpensive ($2)
- can be found at local Targets
- little product goes a long way so I can see this product lasting long in my makeup bag.

Cons:
- I have oily lids. This didn't last very well grouch out the day. I think after 5 hours, I noticed my eyeshadow transferring and moving around on my kids.
- wand has too much product on it so I end up using only a dot per lid
- when applied to Lids, it takes awhile to dry. So make sure you lay down a base color to set before applying actual eyeshadow color. This will make blending and application easier.

Overall, although this product is cheaper compared to the Nars product, I wouldn't repurchase only because when I wear makeup, I want to insure that everything stays in place throughout the night without me having to check up on it.

But if you are Looking for a good drugstore eyeshadow primer, this elf one is alright.

Edit 11/8/15: wouldn't repurchase this product because I'm suspecting that this makes my eyelids super dry after use.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a pointless product if you own concealer, because it's just as effective as using concealer for an eyeshadow primer. It works just fine, but not as good as UD eyeshadow primer. It will get you through an 8 hour day with just minimal creasing, but won't last into that evening all that well.

Yeah, it's cheap, but why bother? If your goal is to save money, just use your concealer. If your goal is eyeshadow that lasts forever, there are better products.

on 11/11/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Considering how inexpensive this primer is, it's great. I routinely used TFSI (which I preferred to UDPP) and liked the Nars primer but not the price at all; I find that up until about 8 hours of wear or so, this E.L.F mineral primer performs equally as well as TFSI. After 8 hours, I start to see creasing, and I don't have oily lids by any means. I usually work 12-hour days, so on the days I wear my glasses, I use this primer so no one can see creasing :p it does make a difference to wear this versus no primer at all, but it doesn't last as long as TFSI. I will use this for daily routine use or for shorter events/days out, but for long days where I'm wearing contacts and people can see my lids, I'm sticking with TFSI.

Edit 2/7/15: forget it. I've discovered the WnW Fergie primer. HG. No more ELF!

on 5/30/2013 2:49:00 PM

I bought this because it was cheap. It was kind of oily and made my eye shadow crease more than when I had nothing on. I definitely wouldn't repurchase this one but because of the price I would say at least worth a try, maybe my trash would be someone else's treasure!

on 2/26/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

$1.00. Works better than ANY eye primer i've tried including urban decay primer potion, smashbox, and drugstore brands. Eyeshadow doesn't crease, long lasting, enhances shadow color....love it. And the price is awesome as well. :)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I LOVE this eyeshadow primer! It blends so well and gives the lid a light and even finish for you to get a "clean sheet" to work with. It is ridiculously cheap and works SO good with enhancing the colours and making the shadow stay perfect throughout the day/night - So, as we say in Norway: HIPP, HIPP, HURRA! :D

on 1/11/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've got oily eye lids and live in a humid tropical country. I've tried a few of those stick type of eyeshadow primers (body shop as well as the elf studio one) but nothing seemed to last the day. Forget about being creased, everything just melts off and all I'm left with is 2 or 3 thin lines of eyeshadow - which I'm sure you can imagine is NOT a good look.

So when I had a big event coming up, I "splurged" on one of those little trial tubes of UDPP and was ecstatic when my eyeshadow lasted for 6 hours without budging. For the first time in my life, my blending and smoking efforts was intact even when I reached back home. The downside was the price. I just couldn't bring myself to use it on regular days.

Then came the day when I was rummaging through my stash and came across a long forgotten, brand new tube of elf's mineral eyeshadow primer.

I didn't have much hope.. Actually, I had none.at.all. I tested it ONLY to see if it would at least help for 3 hours or so. So imagine my incredulity when my "oily lids" stayed crease proof for 6 hours (after which I had to sleep). I couldn't believe it. Figured it was a mistake. Bad lighting? too tired to see the creases?? But lo and behold, its the same thing the next day. This time, it was on for about 8 to 9 hours before it finally started creasing. Incredible.

The issues? I'm fine with the doe applicator.. Just wish the tube was transparent. Also, on my warm skin tone (Bobbi brown warm natural) its not sheer - more like an ashy cream. Same thing with UDPP but a little stronger. Maybe its because the doe foot is a little heavy on application? It gets covered up so i don't mind - but I might try the blush shade next. Do be sure to only dab a little and spread with your finger (as recommended by the other reviewer

Moral of the story: Is it right up there with UDPP? Not exactly - Because UDPP lasts longer. But is it worth it? Definitely. Repurchase? I'm gonna be stocking up!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh E.L.F. primer, where have you been my whole life? I have tried numerous eylid primers--high end, drugstore and there have been some that I have enjoyed--but none quite like this. I bought this at my local Target without really expecting much. I was blown away after using it a week! This one does the job and is DIRT cheap! The wand has a doe-foot applicator and the tube isn't shaped ridiculous so you can get most of the product out when you get to the end. The most impressive thing is that the formula feels very silicone-y but it absorbs and truly works to keep the shadows from creasing. I have oily lids and this powers through an 8 hr. work day like a charm. No embarassing creasing at the end of the day. For the price you really need not spend money on anything other primer for the eyes. I will repurchase for sure.

on 9/6/2012 5:34:00 PM

This product is phenomenal for the price. It does what it claims and the original price is great, and its even better when you can score with one of ELF's many sales that they have. The only setback is that after application, you have to let it dry for about a minute, which isn't a problem for me, but some impatient people may have an issue with that.

hmmmm. I bought this on a canadian makeup website for $3!! i like my UDPP waaaaay better!! i dont care about spending $25 on it either. this felt like i was putting thin butter on my lids.. doesnt really help my eyeshadow either. I also feel like the tube isnt even full. I will continue to use it untill its finished , or prob give it to my mom! I think i'm done with trying ELF products.