Lancome Hypnose Drama

Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 2/14/2017 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm very glad I grabbed this at Ulta. I generally find I end up disappointed with higher end mascaras, they always go back. But I really love this one. Gives length and dramatic volume. Dries down quickly. Very black. I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/12/2017 4:54:00 AM

I'm a simple person, it doesn't clump? I'm all for it! I've found that this mascara however clumps like a *(&^%$. For a high end product with gorgeous packaging and a promising name, this product is a real let down. I used it on a couple occasions for the sake of it and aside from the packaging, there is nothing i like about this product. The wand is such an odd shape, it smells like baby wipe again, IT CLUMPS. I've actually lost this now and honestly I couldn't care less.

on 1/23/2017 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe everyone is not raving about this. Hypnose drama in Excessive Black/Noir is one of my favorite mascaras. The black is intense and it provides mega volume. I have zero problems with clumping or smudging. I just wish this was cheaper

on 1/21/2017 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Just not impressed with this mascara from Lancome. I dislike the brush and formula. Clumps started after 1 week of use. Does last all day and easily removed with my oil cleansing routine. I just found I always had to use a lash comb to fix the clumps. Too high maintenance for my daily routine.

Decent volume and separation of lashes, but this flakes like crazy on me. Definitely would not repurchase.

on 1/1/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely my HG mascara! I find that it doesn't clump at all (depends on the way you apply it). You can definitely build up with it. It's totally worth the price. It adds length and volume, I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is very black, very volumizing, and is easy to get super clumpy. The wand is super large and super strange looking. I find that it picks up way too much product without wiping some away.

That being said on me it lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts! All day, no flaking! Even in a blizzard! I was super impressed with the staying power. Also easy to take off.

I will not repurchase however, as it's just too clumpy and annoying to put on.

on 10/30/2016 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is by no means the best mascara I have tried - it can get flaky - but it just grew on me and I really like it. It makes my lashes look good! I also love the shape of the brush.

on 10/24/2016 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff clumps on, refusing to let me comb out the clumps even with a dry clean spoolie. Once it dries it starts to flake, dropping a steady shower of little black sprinkles under my eyes, enhancing the dark circles in their own special way.

It gets worse. It has PERFUME in it. Yes the Lancome Rose perfume, which none of their mascaras is complete without and this time, they cranked UP the volume on the scent. It's a nice rose perfume unlike the dead decaying rose petal scents in other products I could mention but this is a problem so near my red, easily irritated eyelids.

Yep, the scratching starts at about hour 3 and in testing this mascara I've had to leave it off for a few days in between each session.

I'm stubborn, I like Lancome products and this is the cutest tube design, and even the spoolie part is weirdly intriguing. It has a flat side (I suspect that is the clump monster right there) and some widely spaced long spikes all round the other parts. Those scratch and poke unexpectedly.

Sigh, this one is for the trash bin, and I'm sad, because I really had high hopes for it. Such a cute package. I fondly imagined pulling it out of my purse, reapplying among friends, impressing them with it's curvaceous beauty, but sadly, some dreams aren't meant to be.

Bye bye Hypnose Drama. Goodbye flaking, itching, irritating and clumping. Take your drama with you!

I was pretty disappointed in this mascara. I received it as a gift so thankfully it was free. It dried out and flaked off my lashes a lot throughout the day, giving me "mascara freckles." Very poor longevity. It was also hard to get it not to clump, especially for the first month. I could only make it work with excessive use of a lash comb. After a while the formula got easier to work with (as the product started to dry up in the tube), but for the retail cost of this mascara I would expect a superior performance. The end result on my lashes was very pretty, long and doll-eyed, but the flaking ruined it for me. Mascara at this price point should make it through the workday without issue.

Popular Mascaras