Lancome Hypnose Drama

Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.2

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 5/20/2017 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disappointing. The first moment when applying, it seems very nice. After a couple of hours, the lashes drop down. Not worth the money.

I'm reviewing the non waterproof version. It's ok kinda average. It thickens and adds volume but that's about it. It doesn't hold a curl at all. It immediately droops down because the formula is quite thick. The brush is really similar to the Maybelline falsies mascara, same spoon style brush. Australia doesn't sell the waterproof version for some reason. If it was waterproof, I'm sure I'll give it a higher rating. I'm back to using Lancôme grandiose waterproof mascara which is my HG.

on 5/16/2017 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in a GWP. To be honest, I'm not a fan of Lancome mascaras (prefer Clinique) and this is just one more to add to the list. It had an odd smell that I didn't like, the brush had an odd almost twisted shape to it and the mascara clumped on the bristles. Even after blotting excess mascara off the bristles, the product still clumped on my lashes. The only good thing about this mascara was the deep black color.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Long, lush, thick, dark, and pretty lashes. One major problem, it flakes! And flaking is a major deal breaker. Gorgeous lashes don't mean much with black specks under your eyes :(

Didn't have hi hopes but damn...It clumps,it flakes,I hate the smell and the wand is always covered in tons of produt...The worst mascara I ever tried!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Still a bit lacking for a mascara at this price point. I won't be repurchasing when I'm done. Thankfully I bought the travel size to try out first.

Pros:
Lengthens and provides volume with just one coat. I have stubbornly straight lashes and even with Hypnose on it holds a curl all day. Relatively easy to remove with micellar water.

Cons:
The formula clumps with just the first coat. I have to use a lash comb afterwards to brush them out. It flakes off all day long. Smudges under the eyes although I seem to have this problem with most mascaras so I can give Lancome a pass on this.

Skip this mascara. If you're dying of curiosity and really want to try it pick up a travel size from Sephora or Ulta instead.

on 4/17/2017 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Received this as a gift. It does give a dramatic look but I found it could get clumpy really easily. My biggest gripe is that it flaked like crazy and I would spend all day cleaning up black mascara bits under my eyes and in my cheeks. I also wear contacts so the flakes would irritate my eyes. I have super oily skin so like every other mascara I've tried I did end up with raccoon eyes however with this mascara that would start happening after about 4 to 5 hours of wear. I thought the flaking was because the formula was starting to dry out (even though it didn't seem dry at all) so I added some saline solution but it didn't help. A few drops in almost every mascara I've tried has always seemed to bring the tube back to life but not this one. I'm just glad I didn't spend $30 in this. I would like to try the regular hypnose though someday when I can bear to part with $30 for a single cosmetic item.

on 3/18/2017 10:57:00 AM

I really hate this mascara. I have always found the original Hypnose mascara nice and natural looking but a bit insipid, so I bought this thinking it might be a more dramatic version of that. It actually makes my lashes look unnatural in a horrible spidery way rather than a false lash way. They look clumpy while still looking thin, which makes no sense to me. I want to bin it but can't bring myself to as it was expensive and I have never thrown out a mascara before. And I really hate the smell. I have quite normal lashes that hold a curl, so I don't usually have trouble finding mascaras that work reasonably well (Hypnose, MAC Opulash, Origins, Diorshow Iconic all work well for me) but I really can't get this to work. Every time I see it in my makeup bag I feel sad that I wasted money on it. I would definitely not recommend!

on 3/15/2017 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My HG mascara and the one I return to after I stray. Lasts all day, no flaking or clumping, smells good and great volume. Never found its equal at any price point.

on 3/12/2017 5:22:00 AM

Makes my eyes so doll! I have used this mascara multiple times and will purchase again. Smell is divine.

Popular Mascaras