Lancome Hypnose Drama

Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.2

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 12/30/2017 12:22:00 AM

Stay away if you have sensitive eyes! This is very heavily fragranced I can smell the floral scent for hours after I put it on and my eyes get super red and itchy. If I sneeze I have black rubbing off on my upper and lower lids. Not worth the hefty price tag in my opinion.

on 11/22/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Great mascara makes lashes look good.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is great for those ladies who prefer their lashes to be well coated and separated. The formula is better at adding length rather than fullness/volume. If this is the look you are going for, Definicils is for you.

on 11/20/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this in a gift set from Sephora along with some CILS booster, remover, etc. I really, really do like this mascara a lot. One coat gives me long,curled, thick lashes without much clumping although I do have to use a comb to separate the lashes sometimes. 2 coats is a little too much for me and they it really begins to clump. I don't notice much flaking but the wand is kind of weird, and sort of an S shape. Sometimes I have to clean up small spots on my lid where the lash tips hit it while applying it. That is one reason I love Definicils so much. The brush is fool proof. I save the brushes from old tubes, clean them and use them for lashes, eyebrows. I really love Hpynose for lower lashes a lot. It coats them quickly and they look nice and thick, much less work than with Definicils

Here is my problem with this mascara... my eyes have a reaction it. :( Every single time I wear it my eyes feel itchy, burn and watery. It also has a strong, funky chemical smell to it, not sure what is in this that is different from Definicils (my all time favorite, used it for about 15 years). If not for the reaction of my eyes to this and the smell to of the product I would probably re-purchase it, but it's a NO for me..

I've tried this in the past, but thought I would give it another try since I got this again in the free gift bag. I'm sad my eyes have a bad reaction to it because I really like it. I have to use 2-3 coats of Definicils if I want the same look one coat of this gives me. However, I am fine with one coat, maybe 2 of Definicils on most days. I don't like a heavy eyelash look and prefer a more natural look.

It costs around 27.00

Here is the description of Hypnose Drama:

Get instant lash drama in a single coat with this ultra volume-boosting mascara that'll take lashes from so-so to show-stopping. The full contact brush, with its S-shaped curve, grasps and loads lashes for a fanned out, full body fringe. Lancôme's luxe Texturizing Complex features highly saturated waxes and intense black pigments for maximum lash volume. The triple coating system delivers a fluid and creamy application to quickly and easily build big, battable lashes that won't clump or flake.

Benefits:

Unique, oversized brush provides full contact with lashes for ultimate volume
Delivers maximum lash coating with immediate load gives lashes instant volume
Fluid, creamy gliding formula evenly coats lashes from root to tip for buildable volume
Promises intense, deep color
Fragrance-free, ophthalmologist tested, allergy tested, and safe for contact lens wearers
Oversized S-shaped curve full contact Convex Brush
Texturizing complex formula with highly saturated waxes
Triple Coating System enriched with Pro Vitamin B5
Deep Carbon Black Pigments

on 11/19/2017 12:43:00 AM

Best mascara ever made, and I have tried every single luxury/store brand out there!! Lancôme makes all the best mascara in the world, but this one is hands down the best one in life. I’m truly confused how this has bad reviews out there. I wish I could afford to send every woman a mini size sample out there just so they can experience the amazing-ness of this product, because they would fall in love and be hooked.

on 11/18/2017 11:54:00 PM

What a mess!!! Dry black clumps! Worst mascara i’ve ever tried! Don’t waste your money on this one

on 10/21/2017 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ugh, this mascara is a nightmare from putting it on to taking it off. I grabbed a mini of this by mistake at Ulta (I was looking to try the regular Hynpnose, but was in a rush) and I am SO glad it was only a mini.

I HATE the brush for this. It's huge and very prickly and hurts my lash line. It reminds me of a Rimmel one I had a few years ago (and also hated). I think that one was called Rockin' Curves or something, so if you liked it, you might like this, because in my opinion it's basically the exact same mascara, only I think the curves on this brush are slightly less extreme than the Rimmel brush, and the Rimmel brush might have had a few more bristles.

Anyway...

This is a very wet formula, but it doesn't feel heavy. However, it seriously weighs down my lashes. One coat does very little for adding anything (length, volume, color), but two takes forever because if you try to add a second coat while the first isn't at least mostly dry, it does more nothing.

The big problem is that it takes about 5 million years to dry. I can put this on, get dressed, brush my hair, eat a yogurt, have some coffee, and it's STILL not dry. Not being dry = big black smudges everywhere.

When it does eventually dry, it's so stiff, but also weirdly feels tacky. It's like my lashes have been replaced with tiny, sap covered twigs. Not pleasant.

I've had issues with flakes from this stuff, too, starting about two hours after applying it.

Then there's trying to remove it. Ugh. I've tried oils, Take the Day Off, the Neutrogena eye makeup remover cream/gel stuff, micellar water, and cleansers. (I don't know if they make a waterproof version, but mine isn't.) As it comes off, it feels so grainy and usually takes a couple of lashes with it.

The ONLY pro for this is that--if I can keep it from going all over the place--it kinda makes my bottom lashes look ok-ish.

I'm so glad I didn't buy the full sized version, and I doubt I'll ever try the regular Hypnose if the formula is anything like this, because it's awful, at least for me and my lashes.

on 7/15/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is my second favorite mascara. The first is the queen lash extravagant mascara. This makes my lastes long and defined with no lumps and great curl. The only bad things is that some mascara is smudged around my eyes when applying it! That is a bad thing when in a hurry..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

NIGHTMARE! Not only does this make my eyelashes clumpy in just one coat, it dries super duper hard. Felt like my lashes were gonna come right off everytime i rubbed my eyes or touched my eyelashed. A few did when i went to remove it!
Maybe the one I got was expired or something? Either way, I won't be trying this again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This mascara worked wonderfully on my short, wimpy lashes. I like the brush, even though it is kind of weird, because it puts on a good amount of product but still offers some separation. The formula is kind of moussey and kind of waxy, and it holds a curl well throughout the day. I don't get a lot of problems with smudging, so for me that wasn't an issue, but I think that if you've got a lot of oil around your eyes or you're prone to smudging, this mascara might not be for you. My main complaint is that it turns bad really fast. I ordered several tubes over the span of a couple of years from Sephora, and I feel like none of them lasted much longer than a month. I have d/s mascaras that I have used for three to four months before they start smelling weird, but it seems like Hypnose always turned bad before I could use much of it.

Popular Mascaras