Lancome Hypnose Drama

Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.2

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Still a bit lacking for a mascara at this price point. I won't be repurchasing when I'm done. Thankfully I bought the travel size to try out first.

Pros:
Lengthens and provides volume with just one coat. I have stubbornly straight lashes and even with Hypnose on it holds a curl all day. Relatively easy to remove with micellar water.

Cons:
The formula clumps with just the first coat. I have to use a lash comb afterwards to brush them out. It flakes off all day long. Smudges under the eyes although I seem to have this problem with most mascaras so I can give Lancome a pass on this.

Skip this mascara. If you're dying of curiosity and really want to try it pick up a travel size from Sephora or Ulta instead.

on 4/17/2017 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Received this as a gift. It does give a dramatic look but I found it could get clumpy really easily. My biggest gripe is that it flaked like crazy and I would spend all day cleaning up black mascara bits under my eyes and in my cheeks. I also wear contacts so the flakes would irritate my eyes. I have super oily skin so like every other mascara I've tried I did end up with raccoon eyes however with this mascara that would start happening after about 4 to 5 hours of wear. I thought the flaking was because the formula was starting to dry out (even though it didn't seem dry at all) so I added some saline solution but it didn't help. A few drops in almost every mascara I've tried has always seemed to bring the tube back to life but not this one. I'm just glad I didn't spend $30 in this. I would like to try the regular hypnose though someday when I can bear to part with $30 for a single cosmetic item.

on 3/18/2017 10:57:00 AM

I really hate this mascara. I have always found the original Hypnose mascara nice and natural looking but a bit insipid, so I bought this thinking it might be a more dramatic version of that. It actually makes my lashes look unnatural in a horrible spidery way rather than a false lash way. They look clumpy while still looking thin, which makes no sense to me. I want to bin it but can't bring myself to as it was expensive and I have never thrown out a mascara before. And I really hate the smell. I have quite normal lashes that hold a curl, so I don't usually have trouble finding mascaras that work reasonably well (Hypnose, MAC Opulash, Origins, Diorshow Iconic all work well for me) but I really can't get this to work. Every time I see it in my makeup bag I feel sad that I wasted money on it. I would definitely not recommend!

on 3/15/2017 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My HG mascara and the one I return to after I stray. Lasts all day, no flaking or clumping, smells good and great volume. Never found its equal at any price point.

on 3/12/2017 5:22:00 AM

Makes my eyes so doll! I have used this mascara multiple times and will purchase again. Smell is divine.

on 2/23/2017 10:38:00 PM

Received this Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara in a gift bag from Sephora, I have never purchased anything from Lancome before, its just not a brand I have ever gotten into, I do want to try their powder foundation/compact, I hear it is superior...anyhoo, I was not impressed with this mascara at all...lately I have been using Rimmel Scandal Eyes in the green tube, Maybelline Colossal Big Shot, or Mally Volumizing...I found the brush on the Lancome very weird, the product super thick and clumpy, definitely would not purchase.

on 2/14/2017 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm very glad I grabbed this at Ulta. I generally find I end up disappointed with higher end mascaras, they always go back. But I really love this one. Gives length and dramatic volume. Dries down quickly. Very black. I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/12/2017 4:54:00 AM

I'm a simple person, it doesn't clump? I'm all for it! I've found that this mascara however clumps like a *(&^%$. For a high end product with gorgeous packaging and a promising name, this product is a real let down. I used it on a couple occasions for the sake of it and aside from the packaging, there is nothing i like about this product. The wand is such an odd shape, it smells like baby wipe again, IT CLUMPS. I've actually lost this now and honestly I couldn't care less.

on 1/23/2017 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe everyone is not raving about this. Hypnose drama in Excessive Black/Noir is one of my favorite mascaras. The black is intense and it provides mega volume. I have zero problems with clumping or smudging. I just wish this was cheaper

on 1/21/2017 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Just not impressed with this mascara from Lancome. I dislike the brush and formula. Clumps started after 1 week of use. Does last all day and easily removed with my oil cleansing routine. I just found I always had to use a lash comb to fix the clumps. Too high maintenance for my daily routine.

Popular Mascaras