Lancome Hypnose Drama

Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.2

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 10/21/2017 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ugh, this mascara is a nightmare from putting it on to taking it off. I grabbed a mini of this by mistake at Ulta (I was looking to try the regular Hynpnose, but was in a rush) and I am SO glad it was only a mini.

I HATE the brush for this. It's huge and very prickly and hurts my lash line. It reminds me of a Rimmel one I had a few years ago (and also hated). I think that one was called Rockin' Curves or something, so if you liked it, you might like this, because in my opinion it's basically the exact same mascara, only I think the curves on this brush are slightly less extreme than the Rimmel brush, and the Rimmel brush might have had a few more bristles.

Anyway...

This is a very wet formula, but it doesn't feel heavy. However, it seriously weighs down my lashes. One coat does very little for adding anything (length, volume, color), but two takes forever because if you try to add a second coat while the first isn't at least mostly dry, it does more nothing.

The big problem is that it takes about 5 million years to dry. I can put this on, get dressed, brush my hair, eat a yogurt, have some coffee, and it's STILL not dry. Not being dry = big black smudges everywhere.

When it does eventually dry, it's so stiff, but also weirdly feels tacky. It's like my lashes have been replaced with tiny, sap covered twigs. Not pleasant.

I've had issues with flakes from this stuff, too, starting about two hours after applying it.

Then there's trying to remove it. Ugh. I've tried oils, Take the Day Off, the Neutrogena eye makeup remover cream/gel stuff, micellar water, and cleansers. (I don't know if they make a waterproof version, but mine isn't.) As it comes off, it feels so grainy and usually takes a couple of lashes with it.

The ONLY pro for this is that--if I can keep it from going all over the place--it kinda makes my bottom lashes look ok-ish.

I'm so glad I didn't buy the full sized version, and I doubt I'll ever try the regular Hypnose if the formula is anything like this, because it's awful, at least for me and my lashes.

on 7/15/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is my second favorite mascara. The first is the queen lash extravagant mascara. This makes my lastes long and defined with no lumps and great curl. The only bad things is that some mascara is smudged around my eyes when applying it! That is a bad thing when in a hurry..

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is it! Hynose Drama has got to be THE most volumizing mascara I've ever tried - and that's at over 20 at this point in my life. Love when a mascara does as promised! It's high volume. It's dramatic. It will lift, add volume, and give it to you! Feel free to define with something else and come in with this for the second and third coat, purely magic. Perfect wand, bristles, and curve to the brush with a viscous formula - so be careful not to just glop on and overcoat. Place, then zag it side-to-side at the base first (deposit product), then drag up across the length of your lashes to evenly coat. I have long, curly lashes so when results are that apparent it means the product works well above it's curve. I'm SOLD.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

NIGHTMARE! Not only does this make my eyelashes clumpy in just one coat, it dries super duper hard. Felt like my lashes were gonna come right off everytime i rubbed my eyes or touched my eyelashed. A few did when i went to remove it!
Maybe the one I got was expired or something? Either way, I won't be trying this again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This mascara worked wonderfully on my short, wimpy lashes. I like the brush, even though it is kind of weird, because it puts on a good amount of product but still offers some separation. The formula is kind of moussey and kind of waxy, and it holds a curl well throughout the day. I don't get a lot of problems with smudging, so for me that wasn't an issue, but I think that if you've got a lot of oil around your eyes or you're prone to smudging, this mascara might not be for you. My main complaint is that it turns bad really fast. I ordered several tubes over the span of a couple of years from Sephora, and I feel like none of them lasted much longer than a month. I have d/s mascaras that I have used for three to four months before they start smelling weird, but it seems like Hypnose always turned bad before I could use much of it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite mascara and I have used several luxury brands from Chanel to Dior and Estee Lauder and this beats them all. I have long lashes, but they grow downwards and need volume. This mascara makes me look like I am wearing falsies and I am not. Every time I use this mascara, people stop me and ask what I am using , every time. If I want more drama, I will coat my lashes first in Lancome Definicils for extra length an then use this one. Love the combo!!!!!!!

I'm reviewing the non waterproof version. It's ok kinda average. It thickens and adds volume but that's about it. It doesn't hold a curl at all. It immediately droops down because the formula is quite thick. The brush is really similar to the Maybelline falsies mascara, same spoon style brush. Australia doesn't sell the waterproof version for some reason. If it was waterproof, I'm sure I'll give it a higher rating. I'm back to using Lancôme grandiose waterproof mascara which is my HG.

on 5/20/2017 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disappointing. The first moment when applying, it seems very nice. After a couple of hours, the lashes drop down. Not worth the money.

on 5/16/2017 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in a GWP. To be honest, I'm not a fan of Lancome mascaras (prefer Clinique) and this is just one more to add to the list. It had an odd smell that I didn't like, the brush had an odd almost twisted shape to it and the mascara clumped on the bristles. Even after blotting excess mascara off the bristles, the product still clumped on my lashes. The only good thing about this mascara was the deep black color.

on 6/3/2017 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this product at Sephora's. I was excited for trying it out. Sooo disappointed. It has tones of fall outs; it burned my eyes and didn't last not even an hour. I don't have curly eyelashes and did NOTHING about it, not to mention that it wasn't easy to take it off even with makeup remover. Awful experience...