Lancome Hypnose Drama

Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is very black, very volumizing, and is easy to get super clumpy. The wand is super large and super strange looking. I find that it picks up way too much product without wiping some away.

That being said on me it lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts! All day, no flaking! Even in a blizzard! I was super impressed with the staying power. Also easy to take off.

I will not repurchase however, as it's just too clumpy and annoying to put on.

on 10/30/2016 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is by no means the best mascara I have tried - it can get flaky - but it just grew on me and I really like it. It makes my lashes look good! I also love the shape of the brush.

To Read all 530 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/24/2016 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff clumps on, refusing to let me comb out the clumps even with a dry clean spoolie. Once it dries it starts to flake, dropping a steady shower of little black sprinkles under my eyes, enhancing the dark circles in their own special way.

It gets worse. It has PERFUME in it. Yes the Lancome Rose perfume, which none of their mascaras is complete without and this time, they cranked UP the volume on the scent. It's a nice rose perfume unlike the dead decaying rose petal scents in other products I could mention but this is a problem so near my red, easily irritated eyelids.

Yep, the scratching starts at about hour 3 and in testing this mascara I've had to leave it off for a few days in between each session.

I'm stubborn, I like Lancome products and this is the cutest tube design, and even the spoolie part is weirdly intriguing. It has a flat side (I suspect that is the clump monster right there) and some widely spaced long spikes all round the other parts. Those scratch and poke unexpectedly.

Sigh, this one is for the trash bin, and I'm sad, because I really had high hopes for it. Such a cute package. I fondly imagined pulling it out of my purse, reapplying among friends, impressing them with it's curvaceous beauty, but sadly, some dreams aren't meant to be.

Bye bye Hypnose Drama. Goodbye flaking, itching, irritating and clumping. Take your drama with you!

I was pretty disappointed in this mascara. I received it as a gift so thankfully it was free. It dried out and flaked off my lashes a lot throughout the day, giving me "mascara freckles." Very poor longevity. It was also hard to get it not to clump, especially for the first month. I could only make it work with excessive use of a lash comb. After a while the formula got easier to work with (as the product started to dry up in the tube), but for the retail cost of this mascara I would expect a superior performance. The end result on my lashes was very pretty, long and doll-eyed, but the flaking ruined it for me. Mascara at this price point should make it through the workday without issue.

on 10/21/2016 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hate everything about this mascara. It clumps very easily and doesn't thicken my lashes at all. I much prefer the original Hypnose. I will return this.

this is the worst mascara ever. sooooo freakin clumpy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a nice mascara. It's moderately wet, volumizing, quite dramatic. Lasts all day, no flaking or smudging. You do have to be careful to not get clumpy. But....it dries out really fast. I will happily use any sample I get of it, but I won't repurchase because it dries out so fast. I much prefer the Marc Jacobs velvet noir mascara.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara is easy to apply, builds volume well and holds a curl. I don't mind the curved wand at all; it might actually be kind of helpful. I feel like the formula is on the wet side, and could smudge easily if you're not careful, but it does dry relatively quickly.
My big concern is, that this mascara "transfers"- leaves small black smears on my cheeks after a couple hours of wear. It's not super noticeable but still has happened every time I've worn it.
Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue, but this costs four times the average drugstore mascara, so it does give me pause for thought. It's a shame, too, because my lashes look great after using this. Though I will be using up the rest of the tube, I don't believe I'll repurchase.

on 9/10/2016 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

What kind of black wizardry is this?! I've never been so impressed with a mascara until now.
As I do a huge cat eye, I never paid attention to the actual quality of a mascara, as it's used literally as a filler for lighter spots in my liner along my upper lash line (does this make sense? Yyou know when you draw with the pen liner and maybe it releases less pigmentation on tiny spots). Because honestly, sometimes I forget to wear it and it really looks the same with or without it.
But this! This erases my interest in eyeliner if for once I'd like to go out nearly nude-eyed (I mean nude nude, not nude eyeshadows, a trend I will never, ever get despite buying fancy palettes and brushes - makes me look like a crazy person hehe).
I'm so happy because I got a huuuge sample in a magazine and I literally paid the 4ml version (the full version is 7 ml I think?) less than 2 euros. Get it? I can't even get daily fresh bakery bread for 2 euros! I usually get just one magazine out of respect for other buyers, but this time I don't care and will stack because I said so.
Anyway. it doesn't have the fancy packaging the full size has, all wavy and sexy. This one is a big round tube nothing more or less than your average Essence mascara. Full black, and the brand name. Whatever, the packaging will be tossed in the end, so I don't really care.
I did a extra basic make up with just some Colorstay, a hint of NYC Sunny bronzer, a hint of NYC Sugarplum and this Lancome Hypnose Drama. Well it stole the scene within one strike. Because it doesn't even need layering! One or two layers and you're good for the day. Lashes are long and perfect, it does some little clumping but I will solve it keeping it warm in my hands before using it. But damn, I'm speechless.
I was using Chanel's Volume when I needed a little shake in my eye make up game, but its formula was enjoyable for just a couple of hours before starting to smudge. The cheap but great Essence Extreme was a reliable friend. Maybelline's Lash sensational is too much of a gamble because half of the times I just poke straight in my eyeball with that demonic brush. But thiiiis. Heeey.
I also adore the fact it totally dries. For many it might be not enjoyable but I like it, it dries within seconds and I feel safer in proceeding fast with the rest of make up. Then it stays fierce and strong, so I don't really care about its being glossy or whatever.
Lovely, lovely! Well done!

on 9/5/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Holy cow, I got the sample size to try it out and everyone is asking if i have false el on
the only thing is my lashes feel kind of dry...but OMG so the best mascara i have tried
also i might add I use castor oil every night and my lashes grew like a weed. LOL