Lancome Hypnose Drama

Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

Decent volume and separation of lashes, but this flakes like crazy on me. Definitely would not repurchase.

on 1/1/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely my HG mascara! I find that it doesn't clump at all (depends on the way you apply it). You can definitely build up with it. It's totally worth the price. It adds length and volume, I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is very black, very volumizing, and is easy to get super clumpy. The wand is super large and super strange looking. I find that it picks up way too much product without wiping some away.

That being said on me it lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts! All day, no flaking! Even in a blizzard! I was super impressed with the staying power. Also easy to take off.

I will not repurchase however, as it's just too clumpy and annoying to put on.

on 10/30/2016 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is by no means the best mascara I have tried - it can get flaky - but it just grew on me and I really like it. It makes my lashes look good! I also love the shape of the brush.

on 10/24/2016 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff clumps on, refusing to let me comb out the clumps even with a dry clean spoolie. Once it dries it starts to flake, dropping a steady shower of little black sprinkles under my eyes, enhancing the dark circles in their own special way.

It gets worse. It has PERFUME in it. Yes the Lancome Rose perfume, which none of their mascaras is complete without and this time, they cranked UP the volume on the scent. It's a nice rose perfume unlike the dead decaying rose petal scents in other products I could mention but this is a problem so near my red, easily irritated eyelids.

Yep, the scratching starts at about hour 3 and in testing this mascara I've had to leave it off for a few days in between each session.

I'm stubborn, I like Lancome products and this is the cutest tube design, and even the spoolie part is weirdly intriguing. It has a flat side (I suspect that is the clump monster right there) and some widely spaced long spikes all round the other parts. Those scratch and poke unexpectedly.

Sigh, this one is for the trash bin, and I'm sad, because I really had high hopes for it. Such a cute package. I fondly imagined pulling it out of my purse, reapplying among friends, impressing them with it's curvaceous beauty, but sadly, some dreams aren't meant to be.

Bye bye Hypnose Drama. Goodbye flaking, itching, irritating and clumping. Take your drama with you!

I was pretty disappointed in this mascara. I received it as a gift so thankfully it was free. It dried out and flaked off my lashes a lot throughout the day, giving me "mascara freckles." Very poor longevity. It was also hard to get it not to clump, especially for the first month. I could only make it work with excessive use of a lash comb. After a while the formula got easier to work with (as the product started to dry up in the tube), but for the retail cost of this mascara I would expect a superior performance. The end result on my lashes was very pretty, long and doll-eyed, but the flaking ruined it for me. Mascara at this price point should make it through the workday without issue.

on 10/21/2016 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hate everything about this mascara. It clumps very easily and doesn't thicken my lashes at all. I much prefer the original Hypnose. I will return this.

this is the worst mascara ever. sooooo freakin clumpy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a nice mascara. It's moderately wet, volumizing, quite dramatic. Lasts all day, no flaking or smudging. You do have to be careful to not get clumpy. But....it dries out really fast. I will happily use any sample I get of it, but I won't repurchase because it dries out so fast. I much prefer the Marc Jacobs velvet noir mascara.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara is easy to apply, builds volume well and holds a curl. I don't mind the curved wand at all; it might actually be kind of helpful. I feel like the formula is on the wet side, and could smudge easily if you're not careful, but it does dry relatively quickly.
My big concern is, that this mascara "transfers"- leaves small black smears on my cheeks after a couple hours of wear. It's not super noticeable but still has happened every time I've worn it.
Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue, but this costs four times the average drugstore mascara, so it does give me pause for thought. It's a shame, too, because my lashes look great after using this. Though I will be using up the rest of the tube, I don't believe I'll repurchase.

Popular Mascaras