Obagi ZO Skin Health Ommerse Overnight Renewal Crème

No Image

1.3

on 5/2/2016 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Awful. Just awful. Seriously. I got this in the Skinheath level 3 kit and I begged the derms office to let me give it back for something else. It was so irritating. It actually broke me out (due to the coconut oil, which even put that in something for the face? It's a know comodegenic ingredient!). And the fragrance, the whole thing was just NO. The medi-spa I bought it from tried to tell me that the retinol in it combined with the strong retinol in the RNR cream I was using from ZO should counterbalance the coconut oil madness and whatever else was in it that made my skin red and break out. Hmmmmmm, so it's ok to use a product in the line that CAUSES irritation and breakouts because the other products in the line will clear it right up? That's like lighting a cigarette after a workout.
Not hydrating. Irritating. Caused breakouts. Super expensive. Only thing going here was the packaging, it's great. I'm with everyone else, skip this and just use the RNR from ZO, it's the only gem of the line IMO.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Crap in a can. I know, not very nice. Neither is this cream.

Totally not nourishing. Totally not moisturizing. It doesn't have a strong perfume and I like the hygienic packaging. That's where the likes start and end. It's too expensive and doesn't do anything. I've ended up with dry, patchy skin. I have dry skin so the point would have been that this helps alleviate it. Even with a drop of facial oil in the routine, this stuff is just not nourishing.

Didn't agree with me at all - use this and the Ommerse day cream. Won't bother to write a review for the day cream. It's the same as this, just for day. Just hope I didn't undo all the benefits of my TCA peel with this lemon of a cream.

on 7/2/2011 2:59:00 AM

I bought the special package and this is my first time trying out zo products after being highly recommended by my friend over their eye cream.It was by much to my regret with the bad skin peeling experience I had over some samples given to me especially the R&R night 'hero obagi' product.My skin peeled a lot after the 2nd nite of using R&R with the overnite recovery cream.Upon waking up the next morning,I decided to use back my normal craw whitening and hydrating care routine,Gosh!! It was by painful,sting feeling,hot and red after that,got to wash off and can't even use toner.No choice,was advised to continue with obagi day cream and night to sooth and calm the high 1per cent high retinol in the R&R cream.What a shame! Even when I applied obagi nite cream alone to sooth,my skin still peel the next day and with tingling effect after the 3rd nite! I called the SA and complained,she asked me to stop all her products for the time being and use my other heavy hydrating moisturiser without alcohol and hydroquione.

I took my sample la mer moisturiser to heel my skin for the 1st time,thank god,my skin soothes and heel the next day!No more burning sensation!! I learned something here,don't simply try out high retinopathy products.I cancelled all my appointments and didn't go out to the sun for a week! Even put spf50 when at home to protect my weak peeled effect skin.

After much complaints with the SA,they decided to give me fill refund for what I bought.I am happy and can use the money to buy shisheido eye cream now,which I think is much better than this eye cream.Tested the eye cream,but I have some tingling sensation around my eyes and caused my eye watery.Guess,can't take high retinopathy products! So,if u have mild sensitive skin,avoid zo skin health.But,their hydrating cleanser is good and moisturing,again,can't use toner after that!

on 8/10/2009 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

*NOTE: This is not really a moisturizer because Dr. Obagi doesn't believe in moisturizers and doesn't have one in either his prescription or ZO Skin Health Line - but this product does calm your face and it is, after all, a "creme."

I've been using a lot of Obagi products (mostly at night) and I actually LOOK FORWARD to waking up in the morning because my face is no longer an greasy mess (when I used to use a moisturizing Cetaphil lotion... bad mistake) and is slightly dewy but, most importantly, INCREDIBLY soft. I feel so happy to finally have found a product line that DELIVERS RESULTS and doesn't just claim that because its ingredients are "natural" and "pure" that will make all your problems go away.
I haven't had good results with all natural skin care and it was my mistake to ever have been led into that whole frenzy. I trust Dr. Obagi because he is not only honest but he will tell you that you do NOT need to use EVERYTHING in his line! I've been told that other cleansers are fine to use and that other salicylic acid treatments work just as well as TE Pads (although others may be more irritating).
I haven't used this creme alone and really have no intention of doing so. This works beautifully in tandem with everything else I'm doing. As a student on a budget though, I don't think I'll be able to continue repurchasing these products though, but once I am out of college and do have a job, I'll be more than happy to come back to this line.
For those of you who are concerned about the price, if you sign up on ZOSkinHealth.Com, you receive a 20% discount code during your birthday month and ZO Skin Health products are also sold at SkinStore.Com (which occassionally has 20% discount storewide promos).

UPDATE (8/31/09): I've had to discontinue using this product at night after suffering some angry breakouts on my cheeks 2 weeks ago D: A real shame because it made my skin baby soft. Just spoke to my derm today and she said that I might have just had a reaction to the shea butter - a very likely possibility seeing as I can use the Cetaphil Lotion (quite oily for me) just fine. I've never used any product w/shea butter on my face so .. I'm going to try using this in late Oct/early Nov. (when it gets much colder & drier) and then update!

EDIT (9/1/09): Found out I'm not supposed to use products like this with a lot of additives while using 2 prescription topicals. Also, I found out that shea butter is a problem for my face so unfortunately, this is out :(