4.1

price range

Reviews

fromJaynne

9 years ago

Ok, count me in. I'm a believer. This product has changed the way I have previously dealt with hair removal and takes on all comers and almost blows them away. I don't know if it will replace any other method totally, but it's a powerful tool in the battle of the bristle, and a preferred one for me as long as that lasts! I have the cream with the soothing cream included. This is by far the most feminine and graceful of ways to treat unwanted hair - truly it makes me feel more like a girl! I never would have thought I would be raving about putting a bunch of chemicals on my skin, but obviously development in this type of product has come a long way. I got the one for bikini and legs. Do like: gentle scent, easy application, short wait time, forgiving of application variances, the virtual total hair removal, NO STUBBLE, no dark roots showing, no nicks, no cuts, or roughened skin, no red bumps or irritated skin. I also have the Gigi No Grow(?) and apply that between uses. My pits have never been softer to the touch and stubble free. I also did one application on my bikini area so far and that was so nice and gentle and did a great job! My concerns are: long term use of a product like this, expense of use, I think I get a faint chemical smell from my underarms - as the hair grows out maybe? This product is meant to cling excessively to hair to work well so I take care to thoroughly remove it afterwards. I may up that to include an after cleanser. But anyway I'm so glad to have this product. It will be great for travel!

About reviewer (299 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I'm SOO mad at myself!! Why, oh why, have I been waxing for so many years when I could have been using this?? Seriously. I started off with the hair removal cream for face, and fell in love. I applied a thick layer to the peach fuzz on my face and chin, waited 7 minutes, and was completely smooth! I didn't feel a thing until I wiped it off, then was red and burned slightly, so applied the calming balm (included), and it calmed down immediately. The next day, NO pimples (I ALWAYS get them with waxing, it seems like right about the time my pimples calm down, it's time to wax again. ugh. But not so with this!!). Just soft, smooth skin. So I tried out the hair removal cream for body and same GREAT results!! I'm in love!! I think the only thing I will keep waxing will be my eyebrows! I have not tried this on my bikini area yet, but that's coming up next. So we'll see if I will get to get away with using this or if I will have to keep waxing that area. For the record then, I've used the body cream on my arms, underarms, belly, and legs, and tops of toes. I'm not really that hairy, and I'm a blonde so for the most part it's not terribly coarse, but I like to be completely hair free everywhere but my actual head. And I suppose my eyebrows. :) But overall, yeah baby, two thumbs up!! Oh yeah, and it's cheap!! Around $8 a tube at Sallys.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

10 years ago

Wow! I just bought this product after reading the reviews for it and it really does remove your hair. Now, I know you may be a skeptic like me - I tried every depilatory cream there is - also used no!no! (its crap on thick hair, don't waste your money, buy 45 of these tubes instead). Since this product runs around $6 at Sally Beauty, it didn't hit my pockets too hard, so I thought, "what the heck, let me give it a try". I used the cream version, NOT the lotion, on my legs, bikini area (ok so maybe i went further in, haha), and around the belly button. I left it on for about 10-12 minutes (having the thick, coarse, stubborn hair like me, I knew the 8 minute maximum just wouldn't cut it). THE GOOD: It removed 95% of all my hair, which is shocking - most depilatories remove 40% and leave me with the most horrorsome red irritation. This product left NO red irritation!!! Obviously it removes thinner hair much better than the thick...and fyi, you will still have the black dots that look like stubble from using this (wherever you have really thick hair, ie pubic area) - it isn't stubble because you can't feel the hair, it's just visible through the skin, but for someone with black thick hair (esp the bikini area) who want completely clear skin free of any signs of hair like from waxing, you might be disappointed - reschedule those waxing appointments. THE BAD: I also tried this on my upper lip and chin - I only left it on for 5 minutes here -- given this product is for legs/bikini, I figured it's probably a stronger version than for the hair. The results: hair completely removed. I did feel a little stinging when I was wiping it away with a wet towel, but that went away as soon as I put the calming lotion on (comes with the cream, but not the lotion). I am still slightly red on the face but it's not mortifiyingly red. I won't use this on the face again: I'll just go back and buy the cream for the face :) While this product is cheap, I used up almost the whole tube just this one time for my lower legs, belly button area, bikini line (and part of pubic area), and my upper lip & chin so I'm thinking $6 bucks every time I do this...Finally, it didn't remove 100% of the hair, but enough to make my picky-self satisfied. Also, I didn't moisten the skin before applying the cream - I just put it on dry, so I wonder if the results would've been better had I followed the instructions... You really get your bang for the buck with this cream .. I don't think anything at that price matches the effectiveness of this cream ... and i don't think more expensive products can compare (honestly, the only thing better is PROFESSIONAL waxing hence the 4 lippies for the cream, but waxing's much pricier). I am going back next week and buying moreeee!!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I purchased this based on the reviews at Sally Beauty website. In the past I have used Veet (burned me like crazy) and Nair hair removal lotions. GiGi is the best by far. It removes all the hair from my leg and bikini area without any irritation. Instructions say to shake well each time and apply to damp skin. Leave on for 7-10 minutes and rinse off. I use this once a month on the bikini area followed by either GiGi slow growth hair inhibitor or Clean+Easy after-wax cooling gel. Another thing I really like about this is that I can get really close to my delicate area to give shaping without any irritation to this delicate area!

About reviewer (3077 reviews)

Age36-43