La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid

3.9

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Oxybenzone 6%. Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Silica, Dicaprylyl Ether, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Nylon-12, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium EDTA, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Dodecene, Poloxamer 407

i really appreciate the high spf on this product, and dont mind chemical spf. however i don't believe this is good for oily skin. i use moisturizer underneath all spf regardless of season so when i say this made me oily within 10 minutes of applying, i know it is this product bc other sunscreens do not make me this shiny and my skin is not that oily to start with, usually maybe i will save this for winter for when my skin is more dry

I usually use Biore Watery Essence as my sunscreen, but I order that online and my new bottle has yet to arrive. I looked around and saw that this sunscreen was highly recommended by many people. First of all, this shit is expensive. $20-30 for a lil bottle? Noooo. It also doesn't give much of a matte finish. In fact, it makes my face quite greasy. Also, my biggest deal breaker with this is that it's making my skin really congested. I'm going to try and finish this up because it's expensive as hell, but I hate what it's doing to my skin. I hope my Biore sunscreen gets here quicker!

on 3/9/2017 2:21:00 AM

I had been relying solely on BareMinerals SPF 30 foundation powder for years.....even while living in LA. After about my first year and a half living in LA, spending hours in traffic under blazing sun rays, I noticed it---- a light, faint brown spot on my left cheek.....larger than a freckle, but nothing huge. I knew what it was. A sunspot. I freaked out. I did session after session of microdermabrasion until it was shaved off.....and never again went without an actual sunscreen. I tried so many. All of them were terrible. Then, I gave this one a shot.

Since then, I have bought, and bought, and re-bought, and re-bought, over and over and over again. This is the only sunscreen that does not break out my acne-prone face. Every other sunscreen gives me tonnes of tiny little "milia" under the skin about two weeks into use, and that takes about another two weeks to treat and go away! This is one sunscreen I have honestly never had a problem with! It is light, fluid (obvi), gentle, and does not clog my pores. It works as a luminous moisturizer for me too, for some reason. I use it after my serums and it just gives me the perfect luminous glow. And I'm kicking UV ass at the same time. Woot!

I really do wish thought that this were the same formulation as is sold in Europe. They incorprate Mexoryl, while the US version uses Cellox Shield. There is a significant difference. Lisa Eldridge explained it in a video about sunscreens and it made me wish I had been using the Euro version, especially since the one I use is so good already!

I use this as a primer before makeup too, btw. I love products that multitask and make my beauty regimen feel effortless and simplified. This totally does that for me.

Also- haven't had a sun spot or a sunburn on my face since I started using this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I honestly wish this sunscreen worked for me but it didn't. It was so awesome in so many ways but it clogged my pores.

Pros:
- No white cast (I'm pretty tan - NC35)
- Mattifying (I have oily skin)
- Wears very well under makeup
- Easy to apply and spread

Cons:
- Very chemical-y smell which may be unpleasant for some (idc)
- Shaking the bottle causes the sunscreen to leak out of its nozzle when you unscrew the lid
- Quite pricey for $28CDN plus tax for 50mL
- Broke me out!!! :'(

I could look past most of the cons but unfortunately, this sunscreen broke me out. I guess because it is a chemical sunscreen, there is a higher chance of it irritating my skin. My skin usually prefers physical sunscreens w/ ZO, TDo and some octinoxate but I was so hopeful when I tried this due to the high praises it received from people with similar skintype to me. I hope this works for others though, because it's a wonderful sunscreen despite breaking me out!

on 3/18/2017 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this to use in South East Asia. I'm Caucasian and a redhead, so sun protection is pretty important for me! I have oily skin and sunscreens tend to look greasy/shiny and run into my eyes. Luckily this formula really is ultra-light, it goes on super thin (almost watery) and dries matte. I dust a bit of foundation powder (benefit hello flawless) over it and it would keep a nice glow but no shine or greasiness, and it would last all day, even in the intense heat and humidity of SEA. Works well under make-up. It didn't run in my eyes, except in the water, but to be fair it doesn't say that its waterproof.

I was worried that because it was so thin and unnoticeable I might get sunburned, but my face stayed 100% sunburn-free despite being in the sun all day everyday for a month straight and only applying once in the morning. I am truly impressed, will definitely be buying again.

Others are reporting at their bottles leaked, but I was throwing my bag around as I backbacked SEA, and it never leaked once - the airline even lost my bag and I got it back a month later all banged up - but no leaks.

The only 'con' is that you need to have a really good cleanser and exfoliate regularly to completely get it off your face at night, otherwise it can be clogging over time.

on 4/1/2017 10:27:00 AM

This is the one to use if you need factor 50 on your face.

on 8/16/2016 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Worst. Sunscreen. Ever.

As an extremely fair (NC15) strawberry blond (think: Nicole Kidman's coloring), sunscreen is essential to my skincare routine. Though in the past I've relied on Neutrogena when in the sun, I decided to up my game this summer with a specialty face sunscreen. I knew I'd be spending a lot of time in the sun this summer, and wanted to give my skin the best possible care. I did my research and decided on this sunscreen for the reviews. It has failed me in almost every category.

Pros:
-It works -- I haven't gotten burned since using it
-It's the best I've used in terms of remaining matte / non-greasy with make-up

Cons:
-It breaks out the skin around my eyes. I have routinely gotten pimples under my eyes and on my eyelids while using this sunscreen-- an area where I've NEVER gotten pimples before. They are painful like styes but aren't actually aren't on the rim of my eyes like styes. I don't really have sensitive skin and don't break out from products often; this is a rarity.
-The packaging is HORRIBLE. The sunscreen leaked one day, and the oil from it caused the lettering on the package to "melt" off. I didn't realize it until I looked in the mirror and had little black letters on my face!!!! NOT COOL.
-The pricing. If it didn't break me out and if the packaging was decent, I'd be fine paying this amount. However, for the disappointment with the product-- NOT WORTH IT.

I'm going to try EdnaMD when this runs out... rest assured, I will never purchase this product again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've written a review for this product previously but I think it was under the SPF 50 category, which was the only listing at the time (I think). I've used and loved this product for years. It is one of the very best facial sun protection products out there - light feeling, non-greasy and if you wait a few minutes to let it settle in, you can even apply makeup overtop without any issues (or not too many). I use this all on its own in the sticky, humid dog days of summer or with a moisturizer underneath at more "temperate" times of year. My husband, who had always refused to wear any sun protection because "it's too greasy", has been using this almost daily since having been read the riot act by his dermatologist, who had to burn off quite a few bits of pre-cancerous sun damage. Even my (adult) kids will use this happily. Simply a great product.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

La Roche-Posay SPF60 Ultra Light
Lotion ultra-fluid

Light, non greasy, didn't cause break out, a little goes a long way (I've had mine for a year and still have half the 50ml bottle and I use it every single day)

Never turns white on my skin, easily mixes with my Vichy face cream.

The packaging is convenient to put in your purse and has never leaked. And I travel quite a bit.

I used aveno before and it was good but I think this may be lighter and I prefer this products consistency and packaging. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I never would have tried this sunscreen, except it turned up in the magical clearance section of Walgreen's for half off. As this stuff taught me, there are some products that it is worth paying a premium for, and good sunscreen is one of them.

This sunscreen lives up to its ultra light claim. It melts right into my face, whether I am right out of the shower or just reapplying it. It works brilliantly under makeup. And, even when I am sweaty it stays in place and it never bothers my eyes. This is crucial for me. I wear contact lenses and I have tried lots of sunscreen that causes a burning sensation in the eyes. Also, I find that it is a pretty neutral product, with no oily consistency, or skin-drying pastiness. Also, there's no smell.

This product kind of looks like a walkie-talkie, because it has a dropper dispenser that is raised from the rest of the container. The dropper works brilliantly and allows you to only take as much as you need in a clean manner. In the bottle itself there is a little mixing mechanism, much like the kind in a nail polish container, that gives the sunscreen a uniform consistency. You're supposed to shake this before you use it. I don't always remember to do that, but the sunscreen always melts right in. This is so nice, as in the past I have avoided sunscreen on my face because I knew it would give me pale cast that would last anywhere from 15 minutes to all day.

My husband started using this sunscreen after I raved about it, and he wears it on a regular basis. Great success!

Skin cancer sucks, and this sunscreen rocks.