La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid

La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Oxybenzone 6%. Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Silica, Dicaprylyl Ether, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Nylon-12, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium EDTA, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Dodecene, Poloxamer 407

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've written a review for this product previously but I think it was under the SPF 50 category, which was the only listing at the time (I think). I've used and loved this product for years. It is one of the very best facial sun protection products out there - light feeling, non-greasy and if you wait a few minutes to let it settle in, you can even apply makeup overtop without any issues (or not too many). I use this all on its own in the sticky, humid dog days of summer or with a moisturizer underneath at more "temperate" times of year. My husband, who had always refused to wear any sun protection because "it's too greasy", has been using this almost daily since having been read the riot act by his dermatologist, who had to burn off quite a few bits of pre-cancerous sun damage. Even my (adult) kids will use this happily. Simply a great product.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

La Roche-Posay SPF60 Ultra Light
Lotion ultra-fluid

Light, non greasy, didn't cause break out, a little goes a long way (I've had mine for a year and still have half the 50ml bottle and I use it every single day)

Never turns white on my skin, easily mixes with my Vichy face cream.

The packaging is convenient to put in your purse and has never leaked. And I travel quite a bit.

I used aveno before and it was good but I think this may be lighter and I prefer this products consistency and packaging. :)

To Read all 65 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I never would have tried this sunscreen, except it turned up in the magical clearance section of Walgreen's for half off. As this stuff taught me, there are some products that it is worth paying a premium for, and good sunscreen is one of them.

This sunscreen lives up to its ultra light claim. It melts right into my face, whether I am right out of the shower or just reapplying it. It works brilliantly under makeup. And, even when I am sweaty it stays in place and it never bothers my eyes. This is crucial for me. I wear contact lenses and I have tried lots of sunscreen that causes a burning sensation in the eyes. Also, I find that it is a pretty neutral product, with no oily consistency, or skin-drying pastiness. Also, there's no smell.

This product kind of looks like a walkie-talkie, because it has a dropper dispenser that is raised from the rest of the container. The dropper works brilliantly and allows you to only take as much as you need in a clean manner. In the bottle itself there is a little mixing mechanism, much like the kind in a nail polish container, that gives the sunscreen a uniform consistency. You're supposed to shake this before you use it. I don't always remember to do that, but the sunscreen always melts right in. This is so nice, as in the past I have avoided sunscreen on my face because I knew it would give me pale cast that would last anywhere from 15 minutes to all day.

My husband started using this sunscreen after I raved about it, and he wears it on a regular basis. Great success!

Skin cancer sucks, and this sunscreen rocks.

I have to talk about the packaing. The packaging impressed me because the box that the bottle come it had braille. It is about time packaging have braille for the blind.

This was purchased in Canada and it is called as the following: La Roche-Pose Laboratoire Dermatologique.
60SPF High protection. Broad spectrum UVB + UVA
Ultra-light
Anthelios
Ultra-fluid lotion Sensitive skin
Quick absorbing, matte finish. Frangrance-free. Paraben-free with Mexoryl and other sunscreen filters.
Made in France

I can't give you an honest review on how good this product is. I'm going away for a week and I was going to use Shesiedo SPF 50 WetForce for my face.
I was going to wear this in the city, during the week, so I will have to come back and update.
You have to shake this very well before you apply. This is a very nice white sheer liquid. (like water) I don't feel any alcohol in this and is very nice under makeup. I will have to come back and let you know if my skin got flushed, if it ran into my eyes and did I get red with this.

UPDATE: I tired it for one full day in the sun and it was enough for me to come up with my review. My skin was burning and I think chemical sunscreen is not for me. My skin got red and I felt more hot with this one.

on 6/24/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far my favourite (chemical) sunscreen. If you're after a face sunscreen that:
(a) doesn't break you out;
(b) doesn't feel like sunscreen;
(c) isn't oily;
(d) dries matte;
(e) has a high SPF rating;
look no further.

This is an excellent sunscreen and works really well in all climates. I've worn it running, boxing, swimming and every day to work and I absolutely love it.

Leaves my skin dry and matte and lasts ages since you only need one squirt.

on 4/19/2015 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's a good at protecting your skin from the sun but it is really hard to use. It is extremely fluid and if you apply it liberally as per the directions it leaves you oily. This sunscreen does not play well with other products and will ball up if used with silicone based products. I do like the fact that it protects my skin but i only tend to use it on days that I am going to be out for an extended amount of time. It is quite pricey for sunscreen since you only get 1.7 oz and you're supposed to reapply every 2 hours. The packaging is nice and you are supposed to shake it or else it will separate. I have a love hate relationship with this sunscreen. If you want an alternative for this use loreals liquid spf 50+ which has almost identical ingredients.

on 3/9/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok sunscreen, but not great. I've used La Roche Posay sunscreens in the past, but specifically the European ones; this one is sold in the U.S. (got this from drugstore.com when i ran out of my favorite Bioderma Photoderm LEB spf 30). The difference is that the U.S. one contains "Cell-ox Shield" as opposed to the European ones containing Mexoryl/Mexoplex. Mexoplex is better sun protection than Cell-ox Shield for varying reasons (please research it). The U.S. one also contains oxybenzone, which is somewhat controversial. Not sure why they can't just have the same ingredients in both versions. Anyway, the European equivalent, Anthelios spf 50 (that's the highest spf they're allowed to go) XL Fluid Ultra-Light has a PPD of 42 (according to La Roche Posay, but sometimes not sure i believe the manufacturer's ratings), but from my research i was only able to find that this U.S. version has a PPD of 26, which is a pretty big difference. But still, you won't find any U.S. sunscreens with a PPD even close to this one, so that's a plus.
I'm able to use this sunscreen really close to my eyes and it doesn't bother me at all (the Bioderma one does bother my eyes somewhat). It doesn't leave too bad of a white sheen to your skin (but i do still see it), and i would say it's almost "cosmetically elegant" in that it looks good under makeup, and the white sheen is undetectable with foundation/powder etc over it. Also, it's rather pricey, i paid almost $30 for 1.7 ounces, which lasts me about a month with daily application, whereas with Bioderma Photoderm LEB spf/ppd 30 i can buy a 4 ounce bottle for about $26, a significant difference in price, and it has higher ppd to boot.
It's listed as water-resistant, paraben-free, and fragrance-free (although it smells like alcohol upon initial application, specifically vodka to me lol, but it dissipates pretty quickly). I guess the reason it smells like alcohol is that it contains alcohol lol, and that's the reason i just can't use it (i use retin-a, vitamin c serum, and a moisturizer with niacinamide in it). It actually stings so badly upon application that i'm not able to use it while i'm using my anti-aging products, which is why i rated it so low.

on 3/7/2015 10:36:00 PM

This is a good product with high protection. It is comparable to Khiel's but at half the price. One squirt is generally enough. It absorbs very well and allows BB creams or foundations to sit well overtop. It is essential that you exfoliate your face well as with any other product. Most importantly this sunscreen does not have an overpowering scent and does not hover on top of the skin in a greasy way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This sunscreen is around $30 at Ulta and I bought it because a friend uses it and loves it. It applied well and left no white cast when I patted it on, which was nice! The texture was smooth and it dried fairly matte. I didn't have any problems with it balling up, even under makeup.

That being said, after an hour or so of wearing it, even when otherwise bare-faced, my skin became so oily that no amount of blotting could hold it back and I broke out after using it more than 2 days in a row. I gave it several chances over the summer and every time the oily skin and breakouts returned. It was a disappointment since it seemed to protect well and it went on so nicely.

I think it's a product worth trying, but I personally will not use it again.

on 11/10/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this sunscreen. I have super sensitive (rosacea) skin, and this doesn't irritate or break me out. It dries matte which I like.