Dior Base Coat

Dior Base Coat

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Updated April 24th: this base coat is so good, but only during the first couple of weeks.

Pros:
Once I discovered it I was done with nail polishes. I used it in shade 800 (cool very light pink color).
It dries incredibly quickly. I apply three coats for the streak-free polish opaque look and I'm in love.
The perfect neutral manicure that goes with everything in 15 minutes! (I use Dior Abricot coat on top).
It doesn't chip for about 5 days and when it starts it does it somewhere on the side of the nail (not on the tips) which makes nail flaws much more discreet than they usually are.
The brush is the best out there: flat, large enough to apply color in one stroke on most of my nails, rounded tip makes it perfect for coming close to the cuticle without actually touching it.

Cons:
- after a couple of weeks using it doesn't want to stay for more than 3 days.

Will not buy it again.

on 9/20/2014 12:43:00 PM

I have a few ridges and with this they are not visible at all. Also it makes a very smooth nail surface. Very pleased. :)

on 8/8/2009 5:59:00 PM

I use this in conjunction with the top coat. I've found that this base coat really helps correct the yellowness of my dehydrated nails. This is especially good for those who like to apply transparent or tinted nailpolish.

The base coat dries very fast, is easy to apply and glides on very smoothly. Best of all, it isn't all greasy like many other base coats that claim to "strengthen" your nails. It sinks into ridges and the unsmooth parts of the nails and evens it all out! So it really helps when you apply your first coat of nail polish.

I love this base coat, couldn't live without it!

on 1/5/2012 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is my second Dior manicure product and I am totally in love with it! It is hands down, the best base coat I've ever tried. I love the packaging, but again, as with other Dior product I do find it a little overpriced.

The best part of the base coat has to be the brush. I simply love that it fans out wide and neat making it very easy to use. The brush also picks up the right amount that I only need one application to cover the whole fingernail. The texture glides on smoothly and it dries really really fast.

If this product doesn't chip,i won't buy anything else againand i will get rid of my other base coats.Dior products rock