Neutrogena Oil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash gel

Neutrogena Oil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash gel
Oil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash gelOil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash gel

3.2

This product is absolutely amazing. But let me start from the beginning.

When I was 12 years old, puberty struck. Pimples popped up everywhere on my face, shoulders, back. The whole shebang. I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed me clindamycin and tretinoin cream. Which worked...for a bit. Then it seemed as though it had stopped working. I decided not to go to a dermatologist this time and went exploring on my own accord. I found Oxy, Biore, acne sets. None of which worked well enough for me. Just recently, about 3 weeks ago, I switched over from an oil cleanser to this. Now, I've only been using it for a bit but it's helped out. Not curing my acne, but helping. I stopped wearing makeup for three days and in conjunction with this, it's done my skin good.

I make sure to moisturize, though because it is a tad drying. It's also removed my makeup well too. Lathers well, not too messy. Smells clean, very gel-like. Highly recommend to anyone searching for something to add to their routine.

on 8/8/2015 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

HORRIBLE. It says that it is good for sensitive skin, LIE!! After 2 uses I broke out in a terrible rash all over my face. I had peeling around my nose and mouth and I was super red. Isn't the point to NOT have redness?? I returned this cleanser and got my money back, don't waste yours!

on 3/21/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This cleanser stripped my skin and made it so dry! I have very oily skin so I was surprised. I would not reccomend this to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser basically does the job, but I wouldn't buy it again. It doesn't reduce any redness as far as I can tell. It makes my dry and peel some and I have really oily skin. I'm usually a big fan of Neutrogena products, but this cleanser is just meh.

I actually use this wash with those exfoliating gloves since my skin has been flakey and had comedones. It works super well and I'm sure the salicylic acid will eventually fade my acne marks. Definitely use the Redness Soothing wash and NOT the Grapefruit!!

This product literally made my face hurt. I developed a rash after one use. I bought it because I usually have very good results from neutrogena products, but this redness reducing facewash made my face wash more red than it's ever been.

on 11/26/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product removes makeup SO easily. It contains the cleansing agent Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate which is VERY drying and potentially irritating for most skin types. I happen to love it though, it's very deep cleansing and keeps my pores clearer than any other face wash I've tried. I have oily-acne prone skin BTW.

on 10/22/2013 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

What drew me to this product: the fact that it says redness relief, and is oil-free. I have light/very fair skin, that is sensitive, moreso dry but I do have an oily-ish T-zone.

The use:
This may not be very important, but I've never had a problem operating the turn-pump action (I have a couple times with other products) and I do appreciate that. The gel is a light, translucent green, and smells nice. It appears just like an aloe vera gel, and smells very muchso like one. It foams quite easily and cleans my face very well. I have no problem using just this to remove any BB creams or makeup on my face. My face, after using, is very refreshed, with a cooling sensation. The best part is that I don't feel dried out, or irritated. This foaming cleanser not only has a little acne-fighting power, but redness relief, that leaves my face fresh and clean. It's that type of clean that's not ... soap squeaky clean; it's that rare cooled-off and soft clean.

The pros:
It has some salcylic acid (<3%)in it to aid acne.
The aloe vera relieves redness and irritation quite well for me.
Oil-free, which means I know I'm not clogging my face.
My face feels soft and cooled after using.

The cons:
None that I can think of.

Overall: I use this product daily, and I really like it. I would be VERY sad if they stopped making it, but hopefully not. I put all my trust in a cleanser in this product for my sensitive face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this since i am now a freshman in high school wanting to get rid of my moderate acne with a break out here and there. I really like this face wash it gets rid of my redness and most of my acne. It doesn't break me out like most face washes, however i was scared to try this because the original one (orange one) cleared my skin for a week then broke me out. So i tried this one it keeps my skin clear, but i will get a pimple here and there, but since I'm a teen i figure its do to the hormones. Overall this product is very good, but your face feels a little tight after wards. I love the smell of this. I've tried many different things and i ALWAYS come back to this, because it does the job so I can't complain.

Basically anything with salycylic is just a no, at least for me and everyone I know. As soon as me and my family/friends started washing our faces we resorted to salicylic acid and our breakouts just got so, so much worse. so i stopped using it, as soon as i stopped the breakouts started to fade away it was crazy so just use a regular cleanser with no acne treatments and its much more healthy.