3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

10 years ago

This seemed ideal. The thin texture and quick-drying qualities are things I look for in highlighters and it does indeed have decent (but not great) staying power. Certainly not all day on me. Plus, it does read a bit yellowy on my pale neutral skin. Aside from the poor packaging which has caused product waste multiple times, this breaks me out. I react to Illa's blush too which is very unusual for me- I very rarely have adverse reactions to cosmetics. But I tried this and Odyssey and just when I think I was imagining it, I have large spots the day after I've used it. Son of a b.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

10 years ago

This is the best illimunator I bought so far. I tried so many highlighters and most of them had way too much shimmer for me but this one was perfect. I have this highlight in the fondle color and the color is so beautiful on my skin. U can use it anywhere on your body. It's highly pigmented so use sparingly. U must also blend it fast cause it dries quickly. The only thing I don't like about this product is the price. For such a small product it cost too much.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Dark

HairBlack

10 years ago

I love highlighting products and have been loving the Sephora's addition of Illama so I was anxious to try out of their liquid highlighters. After reading some reviews I decided Halycon would be my best bet. Love the packaging in that it's sleek, modern, and you can see the shade of the product perfectly like their lipglosses. I don't care for the squeeze tube though as sometimes it's hard to get exactly the right amount of product out. It does dry fairly quickly as others have noted so don't linger in your application. As far as highlighters go this is pretty reasonably priced. Halycon is described as ivory pearl. It wasn't very striking on my NC25-30 skintone. It didn't really show up, perhaps better left to other skintones. I would repurchase in another shade that might be more flattering like Fondle or Glimmer.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

10 years ago

Love this natural-looking product as it's the first liquid highlighter to cause no sensitivities, bumps, or clogged pores on my face. It dries very quickly, but I prefer this over creamier highlighters with more slip. I use it over moisturizer on my cheeks, or dotted on my eyes. It works well patted over blush, and can be used as e/s base. I've learned to blend or pat the highlighter in quickly. The Iluminators stay on all day, but are easily washed off with water. They come in portable, slim, and hygienic tubes. Sometimes I need to clear the opening of the squeeze tube, as the highlighter can collect around the opening. Halcyon is a champagne color. My second favorite is Fondle, which I also use as blush.

About reviewer (436 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

11 years ago

This is a gorgeous colour; champagne, no pull toward pink, very neutral pearly shade. It's shimmery but not overly so, just the right amount for a highlighter. The packaging is great; I love the Illamasqua illuminator/lipgloss-tubes; they're so handy and easy to use, looks classy and are small enough to pop in your tiniest bag. The texture of this is thin liquid, I don't notice a scent at all. Now to the big problem; this stuff dries faster than you can say "Illamasqua"...it literally does! Well this is great if you're applying to an exact spot and want it to dry super-quick; for me though it means no time to blend, no time to correct mistakes. Once it's dry it won't budge until removed - this is either good or bad depending on your preferences. I really wish this had a creamier formula that didn't dry so fast, I love everything but the formula and I'm sad to say this is one Illamasqua product I won't re-buy. (Pictured; Illamasqua fat pencil Perverse, intense lipgloss Move, illuminator Halcyon)

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

11 years ago

Gorgeous illuminator/highlighter for cheeks/face....The color Halcyon is described as "Ivory Pearl" and I don't think that's a good description. It is not pearl...It is more like a very light champagne color. It is very pretty and probably the more versatile color that will work for the most # of people (The only reason I gave it a 4 is because it dries very quickly).

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure