Maybelline New York color sensational very cherry

Maybelline New York color sensational very cherry
color sensational very cherry

3.6

Ok so this formulation is to die for. It is a bit thinish pigment wise but can be built up especially a good liner does miracles. I use Revlon. Now, I have to say this rivals my Chanel Passion, which has about the same pigmentation but after the 3rd hour starts to bleed and dry my old tired lips out. Not with this one. This is so gorgeously moisturizing and if you use with a liner stays for hours, minimal feathering, this is speaking from a 45 year old gal. You know I’ve got some lip wrinkles. Trust me, this is a buy. I also got Red Renaissance which has it all over Chanel Pirate. These lipsticks are amazing , total love.

on 12/27/2014 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very Cherry seems to be a pretty universally flattering shade of red, I'm rather fair, around NC15 and this is maybe the second red lipstick I've found to be flattering. In the tube it looks like a pure bright red, but tones down just a bit once applied. Very Cherry goes on red without being too vivid and in your face. The shade is well pigmented and applies evenly, this also wear quite well for a cream lipstick. I've gotten back into drugstore makeup recently and have been very satisfied with the quality of Maybellines lipsticks, and have bought three in the last month. I even find myself reaching for these more than the pricey stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The formula is amazing for dry lips...it glides over chapped lips without catching an looks smooth. I just think the colour is a tad off/full on for me. I can't seem to walk out if the house with it on

This is a very nice red shade! Although it does come off a little on the pink side as it begins to fade and wear off, so if you want a true red this may not be the one for you. But this is an extremely nice shade, bright and fun! Fairly good staying power but it does transfer onto cups and food.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This is a nice red lipstick. It's not too over powering, but looks good on my NW43/NC50 skin. I wore it to church and received several compliments.

on 9/20/2012 7:05:00 PM

This was actually this first lipstick that I ever bought, and is my favorite that I own. I am NC 20 coloring, and this works perfectly. I am not one to shy away from colors, and this is a hello there red. I would recommend that if you've never tried a red before this wouldn't be for you. It is a very in your face color, so be prepared for some attention. The staying power I find to be about 5 hours or so, though I do let it set for about a half hour before putting any powder on top to set it more. It is a drying formula, but for the color payoff it is not something that I really care about.
Overall this is an amazing lipstick, and a most in my collection.

on 10/20/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The formula sucks. It is dried and feels and smells like a crayon. The color is pretty though.

I really love this red. I see others call it a true red but it comes off a little pink to me. I felt it was very smooth but it comes off pretty easy. I'm always washing it off my coffee cups. Personally I would rather have a dryer lipstick because it last longer.

But I would love to find a high end equivalence of this color because I think the color is to die for!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I like the way this felt on my lips, but the color isn't very wearable for those of us who are a bit darker.

Nice color. Very pretty. Stays on quite awhile. Red's in for Spring. Yay !!!